HOW WOULD YOU SURVIVE.......

In that case im going to live with Skycat, wonder if she'd put me up :hmm:

I won't be here! I certainly wouldn't be sticking around my area for long: too many people: too near major roads. I'd be heading away to the wildest, least populated spot I could find the moment things looked like they were going wrong.

There's a lot of folk in the US who have been setting up survivalist bunkers in anticipation for many years now. Let's face it: if we're talking a nuclear fall out then most people would be toast very soon, (or die of radiation sickness later) and if it was a virus you'd either be dead very quickly, if you weren't immune.

I guess if I was younger ( and had loads of money) I'd have set up and stocked a bunker somewhere in the wilderness, but at my age the most I'd hope for would be a quick death.

God! This is all too depressing: :blink: I only want to write adventure fiction after all :laugh: :laugh: There has to be hope in a book: it's what keeps us going in life: having a future to look forward to. I'm off to walk my canine comrades in arms. :laugh:

Well im coming with you .lol. - i promise i will not let Jerry-Lee hump you :angel::D

In fact i think we should all go with you...... seeing as you have likely scudded us all now :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i would just go the local paki shop even in in a post apocalyptic situation there would still be a few

you would be surprised the type of people who shine in adverse conditions, its never the ones you expect, toughness comes from within

//

cannabalism would be the easiest way to survive...

If it was me or you.. ?

Not if humans were the rarest animals on the planet.

I think i would become a veterinarian/herbivore because there might not be a shortage of grass and stuff

or will there still be grass and plants/tree's etc when this happens??

So you,d spend your first 6 or 7 years training to be a vet and live on infected berries and shite :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

O shite lol i meant vegetarian - oh god feel wick :icon_redface:

keep a dog and bitch lurcher ,would never think of eating them,,mother in law would be first on spit ,take great delight in eating her,make sure had rifle and plenty of ammo..,and when the mrs starts pissing me off ,she would follow her mother..

Edited by brockdog

How would you survive in a post apocalyptic situation?

Going on from the 'eating rats' topic, I was wondering how many people would kill and eat their dogs to survive. Imagine a scenario where our country's infrastructure had completely collapsed, and most people had either starved to death because there was no 'provided' food any more, as they didn't know how to hunt or forage for edible grub, or they'd killed each other for food.

This leaves the clever, the hunter, the mega bad (cannibal) and the extremely lucky!

So the question is: would you still keep a dog to hunt for food? Or would you say that the dog itself is likely to use up more of your valuable food resources that it is worth? Supposing of course that there are still wild animals to hunt.

And if you did still keep a dog, what sort of dog would you keep? Terrier, lurcher, guarding breed? Or none of the mentioned?

I would eat my ferreting partner Tony, spit roasted with an apple sauce, the pork scratching would last for months............................................no meat on the dog. :laugh:

• Like 1

Fook me Ive heard it all now a male member saying he is going to spit roast his mate Tony :icon_eek:

And use apple sauce instead of lube...........its f*****g disgusting what you read on this site sometimes...... :yes:

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Fook me Ive heard it all now a male member saying he is going to spit roast his mate Tony :icon_eek:

And use apple sauce instead of lube...........its f*****g disgusting what you read on this site sometimes...... :yes:

Lurcher boys says it all ever holes a goal for them there dogs and even there mates now :laugh:

Was really enjoying reading this thread i didnt have a clue what to say myself...........where the original thought came from i dont know makes you wonder how some folks minds work :D great topic anyway and made for interesting reading.....................................until it got onto the usual boring sticking willies up bums talk that destroys most good threads !

• Like 1

How would you survive in a post apocalyptic situation?

Going on from the 'eating rats' topic, I was wondering how many people would kill and eat their dogs to survive. Imagine a scenario where our country's infrastructure had completely collapsed, and most people had either starved to death because there was no 'provided' food any more, as they didn't know how to hunt or forage for edible grub, or they'd killed each other for food.

This leaves the clever, the hunter, the mega bad (cannibal) and the extremely lucky!

So the question is: would you still keep a dog to hunt for food? Or would you say that the dog itself is likely to use up more of your valuable food resources that it is worth? Supposing of course that there are still wild animals to hunt.

And if you did still keep a dog, what sort of dog would you keep? Terrier, lurcher, guarding breed? Or none of the mentioned?

id make a pot of broth outta ya book ,ffs lol ,as for what dogs id keep .well il tell ya HOTDOGS
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Was really enjoying reading this thread i didnt have a clue what to say myself...........where the original thought came from i dont know makes you wonder how some folks minds work :D great topic anyway and made for interesting reading.....................................until it got onto the usual boring sticking willies up bums talk that destroys most good threads !

Here you go Gnasher

The thought of any person in our world surviving a meltdown of our world is laughable thing a old springer and jar of pellets most folk cant live without a supermarket or the internet .

Most blokes crumble over a weekend of eating from nature pooing in a hole living under a tarp alway found women cope better on courses .

The biggest factor to coping is getting on with each other and working as a team sadly a major downfall of THL .

ATB Cookie

If it all went down then dogs would be the most inportant thing to man once agen thats why thay r what thay r today u can run out of bullets bt if u manage to get sime decent dogs an breeding going on u cud hunt and protect urself an ur famly so no wud never eat the dog lol

In all probability your dig would break its f*****g neck or legs the first chase. I imagine in the world you describe the place would be like ground zero. Oh and if your dog is alive, there will be others who might not just be up on commands lol

I think initially towns folk will stay in the towns, country folk in the country. You would have to stay with what you know.

Country folk would have to rally and join forces as the eventual lack of diesel/petrol etc would mean going back to old methods for farming, more hands make light work, you would work because you would want your share of produce to survive. The availability of animals for meat, arable, (the knowledge and means to do it), more people keeping poultry for eggs and meat, gun ownership and enough 'old timers' who can remember the days before......... would mean a better chance for country folk

I then think towns folk would end up venturing out of the towns when food sources dried up, although that would take a very long time, with the amount of tinned and dry products stock piled in shops and warehouses, perhaps a generation after the holocaust? and that is when you would have your 'clan wars' starting all over again.

Dog wise, i am still undecided. I would definitely keep the dog with the ability to catch a varied amount of edible game, and kill any other predators which would also eat any valuable game.

Would the vermin population explode in this book Penny? Just so i know whether to put up with the cat screaming for his tins of Gourmet or not :D