http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

I can't believe how so many people want to tear a successful athlete to shreds, just because he doesn't tick all the boxes on the 'personality' front. I wouldn't like to be interviewed minutes after punishing myself for hours in my sport, as now happens to all athletes/sports men and women. So what if he's dour, po-faced, selfish or miserable. He's driven, very driven. Sure, we all like the nice guys such as Federer et al, but anyone would think that Murray has committed some sort of cardinal sin by merely being himself. It's not a popularity contest after all, and to be honest, it is him that is carrying all the stress: he just made the mistake of being honest about it. Maybe other sports 'heros' have the ability to cover up the cold, steel grit that gets them to where they are, putting on the charming façade to please the media and public. I, for one, won't be damning Murray because he doesn't have either that ability or that desire: he wants to win, and he's fought long and hard to get where he is. Maybe in a few years he will mellow a bit, but for now, he is what he is, and I wish people would accept that not everyone can be a media diplomat, especially when they're knackered, sore and facing the big one in just a couple of days time.

good honest post..........who gives a damn what others think, some just sugar coat things to be popular with others, some dont need to be popular and say what they think, these are usually the honest people ..........well done Andy Murray

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What has war in Iraq got to do with a tennis match !!!...................what a ridiculous thing to say................if your mate wants to cry then fine if he dont so what it shows nothing whatsoeve

Well after Wimbledon and losing to probably the greatest player to play the game, Murray still got ripped what for..........being emotional.   What he did yesterday to Federer was fully deserved An

Well I don't know him personally, and I'm guessing no c**t on here does either. I for one hope he does well. Regardless of his looks, money, or if he is a moody c**t lol

Posted Images

I'm a quarter Scots, half Yorkshire and a bit of Welsh thrown in far back: so I've probably got the dour 'gene' from all three :tongue2::laugh:Now't wrong in a bit of plain speaking, even if most people today aren't that way inclined.

Totally agree, and nothing wrong with being dour either, we all have different personalities :D

But most of use use try to use a little humility, and manners when we talk to people. I cant stand spoiled self centred brats whether they be children, dogs or grown men playing tennis :laugh:

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

I can't believe how so many people want to tear a successful athlete to shreds, just because he doesn't tick all the boxes on the 'personality' front. I wouldn't like to be interviewed minutes after punishing myself for hours in my sport, as now happens to all athletes/sports men and women. So what if he's dour, po-faced, selfish or miserable. He's driven, very driven. Sure, we all like the nice guys such as Federer et al, but anyone would think that Murray has committed some sort of cardinal sin by merely being himself. It's not a popularity contest after all, and to be honest, it is him that is carrying all the stress: he just made the mistake of being honest about it. Maybe other sports 'heros' have the ability to cover up the cold, steel grit that gets them to where they are, putting on the charming façade to please the media and public. I, for one, won't be damning Murray because he doesn't have either that ability or that desire: he wants to win, and he's fought long and hard to get where he is. Maybe in a few years he will mellow a bit, but for now, he is what he is, and I wish people would accept that not everyone can be a media diplomat, especially when they're knackered, sore and facing the big one in just a couple of days time.

Hoorraayyyyy !!!!.....Someone else who thinks the same as me :D

Only in this f****d up country to people judge a professional sportsman by " if he,s a nice man " or not...................he,s a tennis player for f**k sake he,s not your friend how could someone say " i dont like him " when you,ve never even met or spoke to him..............i blame this dopey big brother type reality tv popularity contest f****n nonsense............any sportsman who appears on tv these days it suddenly becomes " do i like him ".....not how good is he.....

I couldnt give a flying bollock if Andy Murray is a grumpy c**t i want to watch him play tennis not go out for dinner with him !!!......all these top sportsman be it John Terry,Wayne Rooney,Andy Murray all nationally hated by a bunch of men acting like dosey middle aged bored doris housewives pretending to be sports fans..........

Id like to go back to the days when sportsmen are not interviewed at all.....we dont need to hear their views same as we dont need to evaluate their personality.............they are pro sportsmen nothing more nothing less,the sooner we grasp that fact the better.

Good luck to the boy Murray i hope he wins tomorrow.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

That's bollocks,I'm sorry ! If it shouldnt matter whether your liked or not for your personality as a sportsman then don't bring an autobiography at 21 years old and wonder why it went to half price after 2 weeks. Fans pay players wages and always will. If someone doesn't want to take the time to be a little more personal with them, then the majority will think you are a prick!

If folk purely supported teams/sports persons for just there ability then it would be a pretty boring world and you'd probably support Chelsea !! Lol

• Like 1

i think people who criticise success , no matter what aspect of life are to make them selfs feel better about there self. so many people hate to see another human doing well , are they jealous or do they put them down to make there self look good or does it give them more self belief :hmm:

• Like 3

That's bollocks,I'm sorry ! If it shouldnt matter whether your liked or not for your personality as a sportsman then don't bring an autobiography at 21 years old and wonder why it went to half price after 2 weeks. Fans pay players wages and always will. If someone doesn't want to take the time to be a little more personal with them, then the majority will think you are a prick!

If folk purely supported teams/sports persons for just there ability then it would be a pretty boring world and you'd probably support Chelsea !! Lol

Your either a fan of sport or a fan of sportsmen........................im not a fan of sportsmen hence i couldnt give a shit if they are nice people..............im a fan of sport so it matters not to me the personality of people who play it.

If you want to buy an autobiography about a person who has very little experience of life then thats your problem........like i say.....your either a fan of sport or a fan of sports stars.....myself im a fan of sport.

yea well they say Hitler was a nice person to talk to ...................... :blink: AND Mr Nick Cordery was seemingly a nice person.......... :blink: mmmm nice people aint always what they seem :yes: so dont judge someone on personality unless you know them 100%

• Like 2

Very true Vixen: I'd sooner have dour and grumpy but honest and true, then someone like this:

"Behind the smile and the kindly eyes,

Lies a cold-hearted devil with a scheming mind"