Ian Bs' Idea....

Is it just me or do people who appose anything strongly never see the other side, or simply dont want to see outside of there biggoted ideals

when my lads where little they were shown & asked if they wanted to come on days out rabbiting, neither lad showed a massve interest in rabbiting , the younger lad does go shooting with his grandad but i felt they would make up their own minds about hunting in general

I certainly dont feel pressure from others & kids being ostracized is a healthy thing, they either like it or dont

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The park rangers visited my wee lassies nursery a couple of weeks ago, telling the kids about the animals and the work they do.....popped up a slide of a roe, Flo pipes up, "my daddy shoots them! Then

Don't know why your concerned in other folks kids. As long as you teach and educate your own that's all that matters. Not a dig btw , just an opinion.  

A friend of mine took his son beating a good few years ago now and when his lad went into school telling them what he had done at the weekend my mate got called in to see the head and was told that it

Starnge isn't it, it is socially accepable to ram religion down childrens necks and brain wash them with rubbish but its wrong to allow them to make up their own minds about what they do out of school as a hobby!

• Like 2

when my youngest was at primary school in the village, a new head mistress started at the begining of term, one day my lad got into a fight (boys will be boys) during the fight the other lad said im going to kill you with a kniife, my lad retaliated with im going to blow your head off, now bear im mind these lads were 7 year olds in a school playground, however the week before my lad had given a talk at school on ferreting and shooting as he was a good shot with a 20 bore at that age. That head mistress felt the need to inform the police of what my son had said durring that fight, no mention of what the other lad had said. i even had a visit from my FLO luckily she was sound about it.

My son wouldn't mention what we get up to while out ferreting ,shooting etc at school reckoned it wasn't worth the hassle as only his few close mates knew he had a lurcher and ferrets

Only thing these days Scot is, as Paulus states, there are some eejits out there that will call the cops at the drop of a hat....even for language "mis-use". A lad I know in Preston got in real trouble when his nipper (8) said he was gonna get his dad's gun and shoot someone......you have to watch.

Don't know why your concerned in other folks kids. As long as you teach and educate your own that's all that matters.

Not a dig btw , just an opinion.

Simply to improve public opinion of those who participate in fieldsports and as a consiquence prevent any further restrictive legislation being passed. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Don't know why your concerned in other folks kids. As long as you teach and educate your own that's all that matters.

well mate that my view on my 3 kids aslong as they know whats what fine. if any of their mates want to come along fine..but i'm not going out my way/force my views on them..tho if someone is talking out their arse when i'm their i'l put them right!

Oh I understand it's beneficial ,but surely that up to the parents of the kids. Many times have we read about stuff being taught in schools, and it pissed the parents off.

We weren't taught stuff like that at school, but even from as far back as I can remember I was into nature and catching rabbits etc. my patents weren't shooters or hunters but when they saw I was interested and it wasn't just a fad, they encouraged and helped me out, by taking me snd mates away and picking us back up. When I was older they got me first shotgun, after I had hot my certificate of course.

Just my thoughts lads, maybe in not the best person to have an opinion in this, as I'm not a parent.

Starnge isn't it, it is socially accepable to ram religion down childrens necks and brain wash them with rubbish but its wrong to allow them to make up their own minds about what they do out of school as a hobby!

I guess the organisations like cubs brownies is basically teaching some fieldcraft skills, but it stops at filling something with lead or ringing your quarrys neck :laugh:

I guess the organisations like cubs brownies is basically teaching some fieldcraft skills, but it stops at filling something with lead or ringing your quarrys neck :laugh:

In places like Norway, Denmark etc they have countryside schools that thier kids get sent to or they have people go into inercity schools to teach kids how to dress game, skin, butcher deer, quarry and wildlife ID and all sorts

• Like 1

Oh I understand it's beneficial ,but surely that up to the parents of the kids. Many times have we read about stuff being taught in schools, and it pissed the parents off.

We weren't taught stuff like that at school, but even from as far back as I can remember I was into nature and catching rabbits etc. my patents weren't shooters or hunters but when they saw I was interested and it wasn't just a fad, they encouraged and helped me out, by taking me snd mates away and picking us back up. When I was older they got me first shotgun, after I had hot my certificate of course.

Just my thoughts lads, maybe in not the best person to have an opinion in this, as I'm not a parent.

Trouble is Scott, the 'keep our selves to ourselves' approach has got us no where. It's a great approach if you don't have enemys but when you do propaganda plays a nasty role.

You can teach your Kids,Rights an Wrongs,the BIG BUT,'' PEER PRESSURE''...some kids want to be part of something,Not always what DAD wants.As You'll Know.

I would rather my Kids intoduced their pals to Hunting the Outdoors,than them being Introduced to spliffs,shagging around and eating Quorn..like some of their pals Middleclass Parents :icon_eek: ..