Bull Cross for Rabbits

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of bullxs will catch rabbits and bring em back live , hogie's wee bullx will catch rabbits on most ground seen her take them on a golf course which ain't bad considering shes 21"tts and is heav

i'm a bull fan mate but they aint no be all end all.   i take mine rabbiting for a change another night

Posted Images

I've a saluki/greyxbull/grey bitch 11month @ just over 24TTs real racy bitch, makes it look so easy catchiing them day and night and she will do other things when the time is right! nice easy dog to train brings them live to hand!

When it comes to rabbits the majority of lurchers,no matter the breeding,will come to terms with them with relative ease,if they don,t then id be looking for the nearest wheelie bin.If my main hunting was bunny,s id be selective with the type and breeding of the lurcher,bullx,s wouldnt be something id want to much of in the mix,if at all.Ive owned them that where more than capable,but not as capable,in general,as other types.

i aint a bull cross man, but if i was to have one for rabbiting i wouldnt go for just bull/grey of any percentage. from what i have seen of them you need at least another breed of dog in there aswell. i would probably go for a bull/grey X whippet or something along those lines.

Imo the bullx is a versatile creature..or should be...if it wasnt then i dont think they,d be as popular as they are today. Of course getting one just for the humble bunny would be a waste as they have a helluva more to offer although it should relish the task ...atb stabba