cross bred MUTTS why on earth ???

Hi i for the life of me cant why some people let there labrador etc breed with another breed of dog then end up calling them some blooming numpty name if it happens by mistake put the pups down, dont sell them for outrages prices they are mongrols not worth anything, where has common sence went, what do you folks think about this

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i no what your saying mate!!! ive even heard about people crossing greyhounds with dogs like collies and bull terriers to create something called a "lurcher", f*****g makes me sick

I think that is an unfair sweeping statement to make. Cross breed dogs can be worth a lot to the folks who own them, only they are in a position to name their worth. Who is to say the lab x GSD did

The b*****d had my tea off the worktop tonight when I went to answer the door so we aren't friends tonight

i no what your saying mate!!! ive even heard about people crossing greyhounds with dogs like collies and bull terriers to create something called a "lurcher", f*****g makes me sick :bad::censored:

• Like 10

Hi i for the life of me cant why some people let there labrador etc breed with another breed of dog then end up calling them some blooming numpty name if it happens by mistake put the pups down, dont sell them for outrages prices they are mongrols not worth anything, where has common sence went, what do you folks think about this

I think that is an unfair sweeping statement to make. Cross breed dogs can be worth a lot to the folks who own them, only they are in a position to name their worth. Who is to say the lab x GSD did not make a good guard or the lab x springer a good gundog or the lab x collie a good mountain rescue dog or indeed all the other mutts who are REAL WORKING DOGS in that they really do something useful like being trained as hearing dogs for deaf people?

I agree there is no need to pay big money for a dog, whether it be a cross breed or indeed a pedigree riddled with health problems. But it think it is wrong to say a crossbreed has no worth.

• Like 2

Can't see the problem if you have two genuine working breeds. read some info lately on a american site about Lab x Brittany!! have to say what I read was glowing reports showing up the best of both breeds in the one dog.

OK its not everyone taste expecially among the purists but somtimes crossing dogs as crossing other species gives you the best of both breeds? alot of people slated Hybrids in Birds Of Prey a few years ago yet some of these Hybrids have proved themselves time and time again :thumbs:.

Having said that I look at some and think WTF thats about :laugh:

Agree.Why would you breed two gun dogs.I had the misfortune six years ago.My mates lab cauth my springer.(unplaned).Had six pups.The mate took one.Put an add in the daily record for the rest £60 for a quick sale.Just about covered my vet bill. :thumbs:

I can't get my head round it.You pay anywhere from £350-£650 for a cocker pup depending on the breeding and who's selling em.You put a poodle on a cocker to make cockerpoos and they charge anywhere up to £900 for em.As someone already said there bloody mongeral's.

I can't get my head round it.You pay anywhere from £350-£650 for a cocker pup depending on the breeding and who's selling em.You put a poodle on a cocker to make cockerpoos and they charge anywhere up to £900 for em.As someone already said there bloody mongeral's.

If your looking for a quick buck it seems to be the way to go.They should never be aloud for sale on a hunting site. :bye: Why would we need them. :icon_eek:

f**k it they all get sold to soppy pet homes who have more money than brains anyway, let em carry on spending their money! At least they're leaving the working breeds alone.

• Like 1

Agree.Why would you breed two gun dogs.I had the misfortune six years ago.My mates lab cauth my springer.(unplaned).Had six pups.The mate took one.Put an add in the daily record for the rest £60 for a quick sale.Just about covered my vet bill. :thumbs:

idiot^ breeding 2 gundogs of different breeds doesnt matter as long as it does its job ( for example crossing a springer with a cocker to get a sprocker is no harm )

The kennel club only allows a certain amount of litters to be bred and registered from a bitch,so the peddlars breed the bitch to another breed to maximise its potential to earn them a few more dollars.
  • Like 1