MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

them all she done them all in shees a hard task master , more injuries than man united have lol

:laugh: Your not wrong there Whin, No more lurchers for me they just cant stand the test of time, I'll stick to me shivery little whippet...light, sensible, and most importantly....bomb proof :laugh:

ye but boo isnt you normal whipp more like terreir whipp short legs big chest ,ahah ,some land is not ment for running dogs and some is ,

Don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not :laugh:

Whin iv spoke too Bird a few times about dogs ect nice fellah, And he's always says he had the crack up there with you and never a bad word too come out his mouth,

Just asking how did auld byrn do up your way?

POACHER YOU SHOULDNT BITE BUT HEY THERE NOT MINSHAWS YOU HAVE THERE YOUR DOGS WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME OLD VIC BRED A MINSHAW MATE AND WAS HE THE CREATOR PROBALY NOT , THERE YOURS AND YOUR LADDIES DOGS END OF ,THE COLLIE CROSSES BRED DOWN FROM OTHER COLLIE TYPE AND AWAY BACK MINSHAWS BLUE AWAY BACK NOW

so if vic never bred them they arent minshaws hahahahahahaha blackwater what a laugh you are. ts a good job your joking or folk would think your stupid

Good post Dean....

So 50% of the minshaws I have seen have jacked, I could not have put that better myself.

I my posts are not directed at your old man, you or your brothers.. I think You have some handy dogs..

I just think when folk are wanting to know about the dogs they should hear the full story not just the good bits...

Some dogs are great but with folk breding from jackers and untested stock the risks run higher of getting a dud...

I hope my dog makes something good this season its got a lot to do to come close to me older dog.

If it spews or dont come close I will let you all know... I wont breed off it or sell it on :yes:

It owes me a lot and I owe it nothing.. I have put more time and money and effort in to that dog.. Aparantly it only 3 dogs away from blue so fingers crossed :thumbs:

Giro,this ain't being sarcastic or i hope not lol...i know you call your dogs collie x's now i'm not sure if your just on the wind up or not when you say that haha?..i know Ruby has a bit in her but it wouldn't be as much as the Minshaw in her surely and your pup was out of Ruby x Soz her own sire wasn't it?..if so she would be 3/4 Minshaw and meaning very little Collie in her? I'm just curious and not nit picking...back to the jackers well it can and does happen in loads of lurcher types..you only have to read the topics about coursing dogs on here and see the argumentative posts about certain dogs throwing in the towel..these are just the dogs with big reputations that we hear of on here...it's a rife problem throughout lurchers imo?,if a bull x doesn't like the pearly's it's condemned a jacker too? Some dogs just don't have the same desire as their owners when it comes to hunting and at the end of the day no matter what you do there is feck all that you can 100% do to rectify the problem? ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 1

It would be anaccurate discription of there make up..

They are after all Collie based lurchers..

Ruby would be what some would call half and the fawn one a 1/4 or there abouts.

Both have collie traits the fawn did want to round up sheep :laugh:

When I put a coursing dog into the mix, I will be having difficulties deciding what camp they are in. Will just have to call them lurchers then :victory:

They have Minshaw in them and its not been a bad thing at all. I belive they have a percentage of wind/ stamina that came from the Red dog but nothing close to the old stuff,that I have never seen run either.

I can only judge whats about now and am quite lucky in that respect. If i had been there in the day I am sure the modern lurcher would not live up to them standards..

20 odd hare a time thats some going..

And back to the jackers its a poor do is a dog jacks on bunnys :laugh: I could understand on a fox.. The ones I seen go qweer had not even been pushed to braking zone they had decided to pack in way before that..

Guess I am lucky in the roulette of dogs at present, I know it could turn sour next time I take a pup..