MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

some one down this end will beat him this season andy i am pretty sure of that.

I think he's short in runners now though ain't he? He will have to get the old girl back in training? :yes: ...anyone in mind who might be upto beating him or are you just going off what you've seen? :hmm: ...ATB Andy. ;)

depends on how you run him, slip for slip on the dales :whistling: il run him anywhere any how, theres always loads of game to go at wherever, :thumbs:

Didn't astanley off here run him a while back with some bull whippets and beat him ? Dont know the inns and outs of the match, and were it was run and how. Just remember astanley writing in a post he beat him and found him ok and paid up. Does any one know the details of that match ? Cheers Atb

minshawman will

There's a saying "self praise is no praise!"

[bANNED TEXT] x is the black dog on profile picture

She's a collie/grey butt.

minshawman will

There's a saying "self praise is no praise!"

[bANNED TEXT] x is the black dog on profile picture

She's a collie/grey butt.

my freind used to have 1 that looked like it cud run in daytime lyk
Guest Moscow

Andy, Sox doesnt seem to have any better confirmation than any of the other dogs bred out of Jack even though its dam is a greyhound? From what I can gather that litter seemed to lack a bit of wind and be injury prone aswell?

This is not a dig at anyone so dont get paranoid Max :laugh:

Edited by Moscow

Its Cornish rabbits that flatten a few minshaws...

when did you last hunt large numbers over a period of time in Cornwall giro? With a minshaw? Or was that just somthing you herd? I see a minshaw bitch run by a landy as a pup 3 night on the trot an was ready for a 4th at the time an this dog only started stalking when it was walked to rabbits which probly ment it was waiting for the land rover to come up beforeit ran them imo

I just read and heard reports...

Marks lilly cocked and barkers dogs where bottomed out after a few runs :laugh:

Never been fella,never seen dogs run along side a moter its a alien game to me....

Think Mark Bricks Wispa got sicken on the cornish coney???

You would know better with going down there fella, what do you know on the subject of Minshaws that ran below average at the Bricks??

ALLRIGHT mate why do you keep referring to minshaws ,when you no the fellas that went down with them were below average themselfs,just simply did not put work into them,try look at them in the right hands,then make a judgement mate :yes:

I can only judge the facts it get presented with Jack...

We are at page 254 and Hedgy ask a question from a statement I made on page four :laugh:

I know what a good dog can do in the right hands :victory:

I would put that cornish rabbit statement in a different light..... Anyone going to Cornwall running rabbits with Mr Brick has to a have a very fit dog before it even looks at a rabbit it has to cover some distance, if I rightly remember he went lamping one night with Hedgy and they covered 20 odd miles, dogs just trotting at the side of the jeep..

For some of these dogs the drive alone would finish them...

I dont know if my dogs could step up to the challenge, If I was to intertain such a thought I would be trotting my dog with a bike attemping to get up to 15 miles 3/4 times week under its belt .. I would have no fear run for run my dogs could hold there own but there basic fitness levels and endurance would be no where near at the moment...

I run my dogs in a more traditional manner :laugh:

il run mine anyway i can get out to run them,,f**k ,il even chuck em out the car window,lol. they have to be run as their youngsters and wont give me any peice unless there knackard anyway, the minshaw that i did see run 3 nights on a couple of ocasions. i saw her conpleat 3 night beside the landy without hardly breaking a pant, those nights amounted to over 100 miles of dogs out beside the landy,in rotation, now this bitch did more than her fair share of running and killing around 100 rabbits between them over this time aswell as the miles trotting along at around 15/20mph for probly 15miles , now the dog may have had a stalking habbit which was unsatisfactory to its owner but it was not a jacker and the game she put away sergests to me that she had no probem with wind what so ever,(any old posts of her early days put up by her owner testifi to the dog haveing exceptional stamina,,she was also a handy little dog at retrieveing other types, as for the other 2 you state, do you know as jim says were the dogs in good fit running condition or had they been hauld out of a kennal on a friday night and asked to suddenly go to work?,food for thought,

I agree fella, Some lads pitch up at his with unfit and untested dogs...

Did you take your half cross Minshaw down to Marks?? If so how did it fair ??

So Wispa finished her career stalking ?? I thought she had turned off rabbits ?? If I am wrong I stnd corrected :icon_redface:

Like I say, you will know the truth fella, you have been down his and took some big bags..

Do you know anything about this depressive trait ?? Picking and choosing on nights ??

Yeah Jack belive he done well in other areas, Got beat at Northumbria.

On that score I think he got a bum deal the travel would of took its toil on the dog, I was never his best pal but even had a wager backing him to win.

He got beat on the night, I was surprized. Long runners Bruce beat his but it was not record breaking numbers considering the time of year conditions etc...

A dog only has to catch on the land you personally chooose to run on JMO.. I aint arsed if my dogs cant run big open whin land, why ??? Because I dont need to travel that far for a good night out. This traveling the lengh of the country is ok for some it dose not intise me.. When you chuck work and family commitments into the mix.

Now this is better than talking about Greyhounds and alsations :laugh: :laugh:

Steve; the night LDR beat MB, there wasn't a big bag, because MB walked off, jacked, whatever you want to call it, halfway thru' the match ! His dog, Kat didn't jack...HE DID ! Tomo was there and he could verify what happened. :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Got a funny story that KB told me happened to him back in the 80,s when he was out running his old minshaw dog. He was out lamping roadsiding for hartleys in a Mini van ( I think it was ). KB got off the van once a hare was spotted and got in the field to run them, at this point he noticed headlights in the distance so knocked the lamp off while the driver in the Mini van drove off for a while to take the heat off. KB waited for what seemed like ages for his van to come back. Eventually he see,s the Mini van pull up just past the five bar gate. Gets over opens rear door to chuck dogs and a hartley in, YOUR NICKED SON ! Only a fecking copper driving it LOL. The plod had stopped KB,s mate in the Mini van down the road sussed what was going on and one of the coppers drove the mini van back to nick KB. They both got a charge sheet for that one, that's a true story chaps. Later KB told me that from that night onward,s they always left interior light on when going back to pick up a lamper so they could see who was driving, to this day that story still tickles me :laugh: Cheers Atb

Do you know the driver mate? As I can recall this story