MINSHAW .....

well jack, marks dog kat did very well up on mine in the dales,, she beat tara, by a few rabbits.. so shes a god dog in that respect,, i think the dog would catch rabbits anywhere.

as for what giro mentioned,, 20 mile by a landrover and catching 40 + rabbits is some feat,, credit to him and the dog if its true................???

i have done plenty running by the truck,, out on big open land in lincs,,,where you can cover that kind of distance,,,, and up the dales where i tended to cover 7-8 mile max........now i run single handed,,, and tended to swap the two dogs over,,,, up the dales had 40's,,, out on the flats around 20+ mark with a few other bits.

20 mile single handed,, and a 40+ rabbits..............................?????

not saying its impossible cos i aint done it,,,,, but mark is prone to exageration....................if its true,,then fair play

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Maybe that running beside the truck is what sickens dogs including Marks?..lets be fair he's had one or two quitters?..yes they seen some work but i stand to be corrected on this but i believe Wispa,Lady,Kat,Jess off Lloydy,the brindle Saluki x,just off the top of my head have all drawn up stumps LONG BEFORE old age has forced them to quit?...Theory's guys? :hmm:

Guest bigdaddylongchopper

i seen mb dogs run a few times,there not troted by the side of the motor here,there put out one at a time to run then back in the truck.seen hes black pup win a match 4 /2 seen both them young dogs he had run 13 hares each and take 19 out of 26,they still had more left in them,but they didnt cover no miles running by the side of the motor.

The moter may be an inital trigger setting off Tiredness but it will always be the actual running of rabbits that will finish them??

Some dogs just decided to watch rabbits running off into the distance after a a few runs??

Like I say its not first hand, but Marks gave good discriptions of his methods over the years and few have witnesssed him in action..

Hedgy more Than most??

Edited by Giro

Maybe that running beside the truck is what sickens dogs including Marks?..lets be fair he's had one or two quitters?..yes they seen some work but i stand to be corrected on this but i believe Wispa,Lady,Kat,Jess off Lloydy,the brindle Saluki x,just off the top of my head have all drawn up stumps LONG BEFORE old age has forced them to quit?...Theory's guys? :hmm:

It obviously works for Mark and he must have very fit dogs, but i would of though by trotting the dog along side of the motor you are just taking more out of the dogs tank ? If you you want to run a dog from the motor i much prefer the old tried and tested way of running them off back of a van, that way you still get your miles in and see the gear :thumbs:

Also i would of though at times it could be rather dangerous running the dog next to a moving motor with possible collisions and especially running two dogs, as we all know preban that hartleys and bigger things can and do run back towards the lamp and motor at times.

Like i said before it works for Mark and it puts some gear to bed, don't think it would be for me. But then again i have never done it only on foot or off back of a van. Just my opinion lads :thumbs: Cheers Atb

• Like 1

I used to do loads of bike work with my old bitch and at first she would always keep pace with the bike, then as time wore on she would set her pace 50 yards behind. I know the 8-10 mile biking dosent compare to what the brick does with the landy but I could imagine if my dog was getting sickened of running with the bike then running with the landy could sicken them.

typs a 28ats dog with a brain like an imature greyhoung that was a picky f****r when he was hungry who only the night before had i been reunited with after he,d got lost on dartmoor for 2 nights, we let him have a stretch round a feild,slip however at 12 months hung in there with the best of them(a little collie whippet greyhoung whos lines i been messing with a few years, didnt seem intrested in blowing up or takeing a back seat, was up on the beach next morning playing like a pup with me saluki pups so in the landy and again, put in a performance that i was haveing trouble beliveing myself, again the next night, between, slip star smartie and jess they put 153 rabbits and 3 fox to bed and id guess we covered150miles,all still bounceing on the beach each morning, :thumbs:

typs a 28ats dog with a brain like an imature greyhoung that was a picky f****r when he was hungry who only the night before had i been reunited with after he,d got lost on dartmoor for 2 nights, we let him have a stretch round a feild,slip however at 12 months hung in there with the best of them(a little collie whippet greyhoung whos lines i been messing with a few years, didnt seem intrested in blowing up or takeing a back seat, was up on the beach next morning playing like a pup with me saluki pups so in the landy and again, put in a performance that i was haveing trouble beliveing myself, again the next night, between, slip star smartie and jess they put 153 rabbits and 3 fox to bed and id guess we covered150miles,all still bounceing on the beach each morning, :thumbs:

Hedgey was typs the minshaw dog that i think i maybe read about on one of the other forums mate ? Did he have much in his tank and what was he out off ? Also how come you got rid of the dog ? Just being nosey mate, PM if you prefer :thumbs: Cheers Atb
  • Like 1

i seen mb dogs run a few times,there not troted by the side of the motor here,there put out one at a time to run then back in the truck.seen hes black pup win a match 4 /2 seen both them young dogs he had run 13 hares each and take 19 out of 26,they still had more left in them,but they didnt cover no miles running by the side of the motor.

Good running to some but in May i do believe?..no big shakes really is it killing leverets,fat milky does and in long grass? :yes:...i've caught loads in September that were no big shakes..not sure if killing them in May is any different to September saying that? :icon_redface:

Edited by poacherspocket22
  • Like 1

course you can break a dog with a landy, Kats still as keen as ever, the brindle saluki was a shitter tbh, kept wanting to course rabbits.boxing them an not strikeing, letting them get away,lady tired of rabbits about 5year old, whispa i think had the misfortune of being from jb and showed to be clueless when it came to slipping one to one also showing him up when loyddy went down for a run by stalking due to there being no landrover comming with her imo,jess was made to look a bit bad by a year old pup though imo still a genuine handy little dog for charlie,bad luck has seen smarty bust her leg who i think he favoured over star tbh
  • Like 1

GOOD god from what im reading about him,i think MINSAWMAN better get his dogs tuned up,no offence ment by that ,its just hard to condition dogs unless you have alot of land to run on

dont you wory a wouldentgo down with her unfit if he beets me fair enough al shake his hand [bANNED TEXT] i have seen i am very confident have a look on youtube and watch his dogs if you want to c them run

Hedgey was typs the minshaw dog that i think i maybe read about on one of the other forums mate ? Did he have much in his tank and what was he out off ? Also how come you got rid of the dog ? Just being nosey mate, PM if you prefer :thumbs: Cheers Atb

yer, he came as a favour on condition i didnt get on with him then back to the same place he went,i i think the best thing that i could of done with him in hind sight is put him on bang up for 6 months till he chilled out, icould go after a rabbit with him on a soft marsh and he'd manage to bang a wrist up in the 1st run,