MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Can you just make this out? The Bulpa dog fecking hated Cattle if they set about him,the Don dog is much the same?...bombproof with livestock but they don't like to be harassed by Cattle? :hmm: ...

Edited by poacherspocket22

This pup is exactly the same with cattle upto now..i hope she calm's down...and she has also started trying to chase car's..aswell as trying to grab on coming vehicle's through my windscreen :icon_eek: ..

Don still has a pull on the leash at lorries!!! He will chase fecking trains too if I don't check him...where I walk the dogs the railway is well fenced off so most of the time I just let him run after them lol,he chases them for about half a mile then runs all the way back and if a train comes the opposite way he's off like feck again haha...backward or what? Oh and he try's to catch fireworks and jumps in the air trying to catch lightening!! Other than that he's ok lol ..ATB Andy

Can you just make this out? The Bulpa dog fecking hated Cattle if they set about him,the Don dog is much the same?...bombproof with livestock but they don't like to be harassed by Cattle? :hmm: ...

Been following this interesting thread since around the 220 mark, lol. Not much to add but I'm curious about this behaviour. Is it specific to Collie blood (Bulpa and Don were both lurcher to full collie right?) or do many lurchers of different breeding show it? Reason I ask is my bitch (dam was a half x collie grey) is exactly the same. Steady to stock but fecking hates anything harassing her especially beast! She really gets stressed out when they mob us. She's the only lurcher I have ever known to be like it. One eye on the job and the other on near by beast! It's a pain in the arse but certainly makes me feel more comfortable on the rare ocassion the big feckers start giving me aggro.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Don still has a pull on the leash at lorries!!! He will chase fecking trains too if I don't check him...where I walk the dogs the railway is well fenced off so most of the time I just let him run after them lol,he chases them for about half a mile then runs all the way back and if a train comes the opposite way he's off like feck again haha...backward or what? Oh and he try's to catch fireworks and jumps in the air trying to catch lightening!! Other than that he's ok lol ..ATB Andy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not sure Born Hunter to be honest? Maybe Chalkie will know has he has had far more Collie types then me but I'm like you sometimes when the mad feckers get a head of steam on it's nice to know the dog will step to the fore and save you getting flattened lol ..ATB Andy

She's fine if the big daft buggers just mind their own business but they don't, they come steaming up in force and there's always one that's bucking and bolting like a fighting bull! Now there seems to be a line that she has in her head, if they cross that line they're gonna get it. I just thought I had fecked up the stock breaking and created some wierd behaviour, LOL.

Mines exactly the same mate,I can walk through them at touching distance and the dog won't even take an inkling of notice,it'll run bunnys through their legs at full tilt BUT like you say it's when the cattle are in that running riot mode and showing aggression then that's a different matter? Both the two Bulpa and Don were/are feckers if the cattle want to play silly buggers! ATB Andy

Been following this interesting thread since around the 220 mark, lol. Not much to add but I'm curious about this behaviour. Is it specific to Collie blood (Bulpa and Don were both lurcher to full collie right?) or do many lurchers of different breeding show it? Reason I ask is my bitch (dam was a half x collie grey) is exactly the same. Steady to stock but fecking hates anything harassing her especially beast! She really gets stressed out when they mob us. She's the only lurcher I have ever known to be like it. One eye on the job and the other on near by beast! It's a pain in the arse but certainly makes me feel more comfortable on the rare ocassion the big feckers start giving me aggro.

no of a wheaton hound the exact same wont bother them if they dont bother us,but if there them nosey thick c**ts that just run up to you swarming you he will clear them fairly quickly never bite one just pushes them away.

I'm not sure Born Hunter to be honest?

Maybe Chalkie will know has he has had far more Collie types then me but I'm like you sometimes when the mad feckers get a head of steam on it's nice to know the dog will step to the fore and save you getting flattened lol ..ATB Andy

:yes:Yes I agree,...and I always prefer Cattle Dog pups or Curs, to stand their ground...

I'm sure lads have experienced bullocks bothering them, when out with the ferrets :censored:

Nothing you do will stop them tear arsing around, and flattening your long nets,..same at night, when walking through a pasture that has a herd of the crazy feckers in it....

I would never allow a lurcher to worry stock,.but, if your dog puts a quick bite in, to a steers face, it will usually back off and leave you in peace...

Most of the male lurchers from my original line, would do the same to uninvited guests, if it ever came on top,..but, this is not to be encouraged, especially if they are armed..... :thumbs: