• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is far to easy to get sht dogs of any breed. People that need working dogs, tend to have them. Doesn't matter if they are black and tan, black or freakin purple for that matter. The basic recipie n

Took the Duvadirto pups out around midnight with their mama Kacer and Arna another bitch. We had a cool front and the temp dropped to around 65 degrees which is kind of chilly for this time of year th

They are gritty little dogs. I use them for hogs almost exclusively. However, I did let one of my males chase a coyote into a den. He was down there about six hours and brought out three dead pups. I

Posted Images

Clancy it depends what you want a terrier for. Jagds are a great all around dog but not very good for a begginer as far as handling goes. They take alot more work that the other terriers I've had. They generally have excellent noses compared to the rest of the terrier world. Hardness depends on what the dogs are bred for. Jagds are mostly bred by people who do above ground work and thus many lack underground. But find the right ones and you may be on the money. I'm trying to get some good ones myself right now. A good one can be very very good. A bad one will be the biggest pain in the rear you will ever experience.

• Like 1

Clany, theyve been discussed generally in the terrier section lots.....and lots. Try doing a search & see what you find, then tell me what you think. Ive dug to a few & always find it interesting to hear how others find them.

Clany, theyve been discussed generally in the terrier section lots.....and lots. Try doing a search & see what you find, then tell me what you think. Ive dug to a few & always find it interesting to hear how others find them.

I would like to hear what you think of them,if you seen them work GD WAZ?

From the videos i seen,they go in and take hold.I wonder how long they hold on for?

Not long,if its a badger,im guessing

The 2 Jagds I've had in the past were very good hunting dogs with an excellent nose and plenty of gritt but they are full of hunt and need to be worked daily in order to stay calm and for me living in the city they were just too much but I really like the breed.A friend of mine just lost a jagd bitch and she was one of the best hunting terriers I've ever seen in the field and she was small enought for earth work 13" 14lbs and was also a very good dog on boar.

• Like 1

i know a plenty of lads who work them. they ve got excelent noses, y can hardly compare them to other terriers, may be beddies, they ve got extreme prey drive you won t find in any other breed. they mature very soon and you wont boke them. and the size, you can have big ones and small ones, i saw many jagdts and blacks. you can t say blacks are smaller they arnt. i sold yeterday bitch witch was 12inch. they are lot of jagdts of this size. i saw them workin on foxes and badgers an they did just great. they weren t destroyed. y just have to know where t search. if any body interestd in just let me know, write mail or pm and i can help.