could they be used as a decent outcross to a line of terriers to maybe throw a bit better size and stamp into a line or maybe used to put more drive into a line which seems to throw terriers lacking drive

size maybe but there s plenty of big dogs be it black russell lakie fell etc if thats what your looking but if your line is lacking drive then it s not really breeding material the harm is done you cant polish a turd no matter how good your mr sheen is imo
  • Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is far to easy to get sht dogs of any breed. People that need working dogs, tend to have them. Doesn't matter if they are black and tan, black or freakin purple for that matter. The basic recipie n

Took the Duvadirto pups out around midnight with their mama Kacer and Arna another bitch. We had a cool front and the temp dropped to around 65 degrees which is kind of chilly for this time of year th

They are gritty little dogs. I use them for hogs almost exclusively. However, I did let one of my males chase a coyote into a den. He was down there about six hours and brought out three dead pups. I

Posted Images

in that case we will have to call derrek wheeler lol

what s the point? i was solvin my prblem. 15,5kg game dog can do a pack of whellers so whatens or glens. BUT WHAT S THE POINT. btw ask uk lads which keep beddies and outcrosses what their are capable of.

These terriers are just like any other..There are good and bad. Far less common are the great ones. But the percentage of honest workers is high. Nothing magical about them. The things that make you love them, will make you hate them if you can't keep them busy or busted up. Some say they make great pets.. I would rather be shot in the face. But if you feed em work they will eat it up. And it is surprising how well they behave if they get it. Can't say they are better or worse than anything else. No point in it really. They work for what I do, and that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

These terriers are just like any other..There are good and bad. Far less common are the great ones. But the percentage of honest workers is high. Nothing magical about them. The things that make you love them, will make you hate them if you can't keep them busy or busted up. Some say they make great pets.. I would rather be shot in the face. But if you feed em work they will eat it up. And it is surprising how well they behave if they get it. Can't say they are better or worse than anything else. No point in it really. They work for what I do, and that's good enough for me.

Couldn't have put it better myself! Cheers Jay...........
  • Like 1

could they be used as a decent outcross to a line of terriers to maybe throw a bit better size and stamp into a line or maybe used to put more drive into a line which seems to throw terriers lacking drive

THATS A SENSIBLE STATEMENT.....why would you even want to breed from a bitch which is lacking drive......

I have jagdterrier bitch for hunting raccoondogs underground here in finland. She`s not the best finder, but she will go on and holds raccoondog until i dig them out, or she kills it. Not big sized at all i think, most of the jrt`s i have seen here are bigger than mine jagd.

Marsipaanimies is right, jagds in finland are more like holding types, but mine allso bays, holds and works very agressive anyways and because of that, i wont let her to badger yet, maybe next spring if possible.

It is far to easy to get sht dogs of any breed. People that need working dogs, tend to have them. Doesn't matter if they are black and tan, black or freakin purple for that matter. The basic recipie never changes much. People who need dogs that stay until dug to, will have them, or will find a way to get them. Doesn't matter if they live in the U.K. or in Hungary. Doesn't matter if they are Jagds or Fells. The same logic applies to every task required of a working dog no matter where it happens to be working. It all comes apart when people start wanting them for some other reason.

• Like 7