046bi.jpg

By wohleb12 at 2012-05-27

The mamma to the little pup, and big sister to the older one. She stays until dug to. Seen her share of badger. Been tooth to tooth with boar above. Force broke to retrieve and hunts under a gun. Fourteen inches, and under twenty pounds. They may not be anywhere near the best terriers in the world. But they get the job done for me.

• Like 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is far to easy to get sht dogs of any breed. People that need working dogs, tend to have them. Doesn't matter if they are black and tan, black or freakin purple for that matter. The basic recipie n

Took the Duvadirto pups out around midnight with their mama Kacer and Arna another bitch. We had a cool front and the temp dropped to around 65 degrees which is kind of chilly for this time of year th

They are gritty little dogs. I use them for hogs almost exclusively. However, I did let one of my males chase a coyote into a den. He was down there about six hours and brought out three dead pups. I

Posted Images

Not a mixer, and she will work her heart out to get there. She looks like she has leg in the picture, but she really doesn't. Mosby's seen her. She is a short stout type like all of the bitches from this line. She is one of my better strike dogs, but the years have been hard on this one. She has a rib that was broken that never set right, and now kind of pokes out. I take her brushing at least twice a week in the summer, and more often in cooler months. But she is coming up on seven and has slowed in pace a little bit. When I head up north I will bring her and her little sister along.

Bluecollar, Tipper is a tank but this bitch is a whole different kind of animal as far as structure goes. Small chest but built to the hilt as far as bone structure and power in the hind quarters. One glance is all it takes to see the bitch has done her share.

the terrier is one of the most versitile and intelligent canines. it does the heart good to see them given a chance to shine at other tasks as well as underground work :thumbs: . good interesting thread. good and bad in all breeds . i recon that will be true in all corners of the globe. :yes:

• Like 3

Thanks allot Cleanspade! I was fortunate to hear of a man in Slovakia that I believed had what I was looking for. Three years of calling writing and basicly begging a man that spoke no english was all it took to get dogs from him. At one point he put his daughter on the phone claiming in what little english he could muster, that she would be able to communicate with me. She wasn't but to her credit... I am from Texas and it's probably not English I'm speaking most of the time.lol

Good and bad dogs everywhere. The same can be said of people, but generally speaking I enjoy the company of dogs more. I've been told we have allot in common, and they never drink my last beer.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Took the Duvadirto pups out around midnight with their mama Kacer and Arna another bitch. We had a cool front and the temp dropped to around 65 degrees which is kind of chilly for this time of year this far south. I dropped the tailgate and it wasn't two minutes before they opened up screaming their heads off but it was only a marsh bunny. Would have made my night but my flash light sucked and I couldn't see them well enough to do anything about it. As luck would have it there a bunch of them too, and we made slow progress. The ground was damp from the low temps and it was about the perfect conditions for the pups to get some experience. We finally made it around the bend where the bunnies begin to thin out and we began to work the brush. The various vines grow so thick here that they kind of form and settle into mats where everything hides along the water line. With the two old bitches there we were able to take our time and work them over thoroughly. Didn't take long to get into the varmints. We put three coon up small trees and took one out of a culvert. The Duvadirto bitch Kacer and the mama to the pups really surprised me. She stuck with em at the trees and Arna bounced around the bases hollering her head off. Kind of funny that the Kacer bitch did so well in that regard, as she's never been hunted that way. I would say she's got some tree to her but the trees weren't twenty feet and she was basically baying at them from the ground, but for a terrier with that little experience in free cast hunting she did well. I got to shoot some coon out t the pups and it was a great night. Everything ended on a high note. 0292.jpg035-1.jpg

• Like 5

I'm a brit living in finland, i work jagd to fox, coondog and billy. they're as good as owt, no better no worse. theres lines kept for above ground hunting, and lines kept for below, i only keep below and they'll die in a hole for you. take your pick but don't slag dogs off you've never had experience of. oh and yes i had 1 that never went to ground until the day i burried him, but had failures with patts too

• Like 1