Been reading the above. Been looking for a border terrier pup for 6 months onwards, plenty of adds out there for working and pet borders but the word working to some is just about taking the dog / parents once a blue moon ratting. If any of you guys out there know of any pups of bitches for sale drop me a line. Seeing so that a good working border is hard to find might have to drop onto a lakeland.

If anyone can help would be much appreciated

Thanks Mark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a spayed border bitch , before xmass i was after border dog to work with her I got in touch with a bloke from this forum called Dave mac , he told me hemight have a pup available in the spring

paying that sort of money for a border out of as someone says good bushing/ratting sire and just a ratting dam is laughable my god the good ol border is doomed in the future. if you s so called saviou

Money and the show ring ruination of the border terrier and all you quoting prices to justify yourselves does not make you right or the wee border better because of the prices you charge... Glad I'm l

Posted Images

I looked for a Lakey that was to my likeing for months Mark and couldnt find one, yet there seems to be litters of boarder X lakeys about :hmm:, might be worth getting intouch with your local FMWTC rep if all else fails, i found mine very helpfull, good luck with your search, regards, buster.

just read mst of this thread, ive just bred ma borders sire 100% diging dog and the dam is a small little bolting dog both are excellent at what they do, i bred them for a pup for me and a fellow dog man who was more than impressed with there working styles on more than 1 occasion, there were 4 pups and after 2 phone calls the others were gifted to working homes on the basis they dont neutre or pass on and if breeding in future i get a look at pups and get first refusal, no pounds passing hands. dont get me wrong if i had 6 pups i might have had trouble finding good working homes where i know they would defo be worked.

• Like 4

I have a workin border and i would seriously advise ye all to think about getting one the next time ye're gettin a terrier! I know it's hard to find someone that still breeds em for huntin but if you can then get one! They are really loyal, unbelievably smart, and mad for hunting when they get into it! I'm now lookin for a border X Lakeland pup but cant find one! I think it would be a good mix with the borders brains and lakelands toughness! :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have been reading this thread carfully lol I have been doing the same for months looking for a border pup from grafting parents my search lead me to a 300 mile round trip after lengthy chats the breeder who i hit it off with strait away he knew a few chaps i hunt with and after asking a few questions round the boys he was instantly vouched for few pics of the sire and dam confirmed things further he kc registered the pups for good of the breed to keep lines going had 5 pups kept 2 for himself and sold the rest for what they cost him to rear and keep did not mak a penny out of me i had 2 and a chap had the last 1 all sold same weekend. so the moral of this post is i guess that there is a few good terrier men out there who dont want to pull your pants down at any given chance happy for there dogs to do what they was bred for and not line there pockets with money from shite dogs. the chap has had his invite out with us for the coming season :laugh:

:thumbs: Cammy ,the breed needs more like you YIS Dave

the thing is am only doing as i see fit, there are too many people on here criticise other peoples methods and there choice of breed, ma borders keep me happy so to try and profit from somthing that will sacrafice its life for your benefit is just wrong in my eyes. then theres the folk that say borders are slow starters yes maybe they are if you dont have any patience to bring them on properly.

• Like 1