german shepherd X greyhound

I'd go for the dutch herder over the gsd and mal if I was looking for a similar cross.

. This interesting would thy preference be ta a grey or t fast type coursing animal have seen collies ta coursing Breda stamina very impressive and running brain.atb bunnys

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a few days summertime ferreting (pest control in nz)with my white shepherd bitch and my 3/4 grey 1/4 white shepherd bitch   All the rabbits are to be killed whatever their

mate i couldnt give feck what you think and i think you know that, i will be going to few local shows this summer , come over and tell me again what you think of me , just in case i forget as yo

And all this from an add on donedeal for a lurcher pup,this site is ferkin amazing,lol.

Posted Images

from the dog handlers I've spoke to they are a lot fitter, better bite etc mate

yeh on average your are right, the the dutch/shepherd are a better dog of the 3 breeds ,gsd,bel mal,d/s , they deff are a healthier dog. not got the probs of gsds have ,and even mals are going that way as well, and dog that get popular gets over bred and that's when bad breeding comes in . the dutch ae great dog like you say tough, fit, good type temps, and great bite on them, yes there are on average the best of the 3 breeds above .But like say its if you get a proper Alsatian from good working lines most are East /Europe lines , or lucky enough to get them lines over here , you will in my opinion have a better dog. 1st they be a lot more powerful being bigger dog, so for police work or just guard work they will look and stop any full grown man in his tracks, 2nd of all 3 types the gsd as the easiest temp to live with they are docile when not working or guarding , a dutch / mal or very hyper active dog , like bloody collies lol . and a good gsd from the above lines x to a running type dog , give a great lurcher that can do any thing in field , ive had great bags (lamping) with Buck my 1x gsd x grey he will tackle what ever in front of him , and got hell of bite on him , very strong jaw, a very switched on dog when working. but when not working is very docile, loves people great with dogs and just like feckin Bryn my collie x grey very sensitive nature , he very strange dog as said totally different dog when hunting wild animal he will give 100% on anyting. :thumbs::yes:

• Like 4

Well says it all and the plus side Neva seen a alli xs put brakes on pick choose in first season of running bunnies they run las same has first triers. Shames has with less of a thing being more ,odds same the stronger and larger will come out on tops a fact . And Ray may only be giving his judgement on buck ,but they all very similar unless ones a line bred and then they can differ like most stuff bred on. Looks mean nought and buck a cracking stamp of his type.atb bunnys.

Speaking as someone who is very very interested in this type cross.........would one advantage of using a Mal or Dutch be that you may get a racier build with the first cross? Maybe a more versatile first cross?

• Like 3

Speaking as someone who is very very interested in this type cross.........would one advantage of using a Mal or Dutch be that you may get a racier build with the first cross? Maybe a more versatile first cross?

well there good chance you get smaller type dog with dutch and mal as oppose to a gsd when x to a running dog , bitch gsd x greys were smaller 24-27in and strong build , where dogs can go up to 28in like my dog Buck, but he picks rabbits easier enough for a big dog. Bunny will tell you the same about gsd x greys that for big type lurchers there are very fast+ agile , that's 1st thing I noticed with Buck , and most people who seen him run will say the same :yes: .But if you do want smaller type dog both dutch dog and bitch x to greys will produce smaller type x . I think dutch /shepherds are about 22 - 26in and solid build, so put back to a grey or coursing type dog , you bound to get a dog or bitch lurcher 22-26in or bit more the running dog will bring it up a bit anyway :yes:

well there good chance you get smaller type dog with dutch and mal as oppose to a gsd when x to a running dog , bitch gsd x greys were smaller 24-27in and strong build , where dogs can go up to 28in like my dog Buck, but he picks rabbits easier enough for a big dog. Bunny will tell you the same about gsd x greys that for big type lurchers there are very fast+ agile , that's 1st thing I noticed with Buck , and most people who seen him run will say the same :yes: .But if you do want smaller type dog both dutch dog and bitch x to greys will produce smaller type x . I think dutch /shepherds are about 22 - 26in and solid build, so put back to a grey or coursing type dog , you bound to get a dog or bitch lurcher 22-26in or bit more the running dog will bring it up a bit anyway :yes:

I've got my heart set on this type of cross for the future, when I'm ready & depending on what comes up.......so just weighing up the options ;-)

Was at a fellas only yesterday his half xs male grey Malli. Much more racier than most f1grey alli wed ta the job on exercise killed in deep cover bunnies everywhere these days,and a plus laid back type not hyper if thy wants a lighter type these malls and dutchies will bring em lighter anymore versatile not to sure about that atb bunnys.

Was at a fellas only yesterday his half xs male grey Malli. Much more racier than most f1grey alli wed ta the job on exercise killed in deep cover bunnies everywhere these days,and a plus laid back type not hyper if thy wants a lighter type these malls and dutchies will bring em lighter anymore versatile not to sure about that atb bunnys.

. I also reckon eight wise in all three xes they won't be much if any difference in height strength power and weight yes Alsatian the a much more powerful type.atb bunnys.

Interesting size strength etc,we talking interesting thread,the line jaz came from very large males medium ta large bitches each generation getting lighter . Which makes sense,even with large males from jaz generation still not has light has the mall xes I walked out with yesterday .guarding issues and some like a dog that guard , now on jaz generation they all mostly very personnel type animals and guard there own and patrol there ground ,very hyper has youn siblings much on the lines of these pure malls I have studied these very close,and Cana help but think they are very close to them.i had a three quarter that was Personell protective type same breeding , Ddr Alsatian used in the make up . I can't help but think that all these import types are very close tight bred animals keeping size ta a limit and when bred on with other large breeds greys etc the hybrid vigour blooms and big a Animals are begot ,now here's the conundrum do we breed lighter framed types in for a more sharper type or his the way ta goes line breed with the occasional out xes ta hold the vigour and all the qualities that are so desired in the xes now what I says if ones shepherd type suits but the need for fresh blood needed one sources the necessary and keeps themselves just that shepherd greys. Atb bunnys

Interesting size strength etc,we talking interesting thread,the line jaz came from very large males medium ta large bitches each generation getting lighter . Which makes sense,even with large males from jaz generation still not has light has the mall xes I walked out with yesterday .guarding issues and some like a dog that guard , now on jaz generation they all mostly very personnel type animals and guard there own and patrol there ground ,very hyper has youn siblings much on the lines of these pure malls I have studied these very close,and Cana help but think they are very close to them.i had a three quarter that was Personell protective type same breeding , Ddr Alsatian used in the make up . I can't help but think that all these import types are very close tight bred animals keeping size ta a limit and when bred on with other large breeds greys etc the hybrid vigour blooms and big a Animals are begot ,now here's the conundrum do we breed lighter framed types in for a more sharper type or his the way ta goes line breed with the occasional out xes ta hold the vigour and all the qualities that are so desired in the xes now what I says if ones shepherd type suits but the need for fresh blood needed one sources the necessary and keeps themselves just that shepherd greys. Atb bunnys

good point that :thumbs:

here on the grapevine there's some half xes been bred ta deerhound type here we go 450quid a piece just hopes since prevails and some fool don't go and fork that sort a coin out but likes has most interest been stired we can only be a fountain fo those that are gonna breed what's in vogue has for those who do have an interest in the xs pick and choose wisely from those who have knowledge on the xs and the welfare of the dogs there his those out there trying to strive for the beta of the type.atb bunnys.

• Like 1