how many of ye eat the rabbits ye catch and do ye worry bout catching worms

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

do you worry about catching worms off any other meat you eat? what makes rabbit any different?   there's probably 100 times more chance of you catch worms from the handles on supermarket shopping

cook them properly and theres nothing to worry about, its like saying do you eat chicken because of salmonella

How many chemicals are pumped into supermarket meats? dont think an egg cyst will wipe you out

We eat EVERY single rabbit i shoot, my missis was a chef for 30 years so she cooks them perfectly. I always take a pie to friends i get permission from aswell and they always enjoy them. Worms.?? Never had a problem. Oh dont let me forget....my missis is a Czech and she boils the heads and eats the brain aswell :bad: Not my thing but she loves the stuff :icon_eek:

Get them cooked mate :thumbs:

ATB

Marty.

• Like 1

If there's large cysts cut the limb off and bin/use as bait and eat the rest as long as you not dabbling in cornering the Market for rabbit sushi you'll be ok along as there cooked.

Freezing them for 3 weeks kills them dead to be safe to feed to the dogs.

• Like 1

We eat EVERY single rabbit i shoot, my missis was a chef for 30 years so she cooks them perfectly. I always take a pie to friends i get permission from aswell and they always enjoy them. Worms.?? Never had a problem. Oh dont let me forget....my missis is a Czech and she boils the heads and eats the brain aswell :bad: Not my thing but she loves the stuff :icon_eek:

Get them cooked mate :thumbs:

ATB

Marty.

have you ever tried the brains pal? it's never even occurred to me, might give it a go though. Surely a rabbits brain is tiny though?

i boil them for a hour for the dog, for my self boil them as a stew 2 days on+off to (marinade) with veg+herbs. And boiling them for a hour (dont) make the bones brittle for the dogs.never had a prob in 25 years :thumbs:

• Like 1

Why worry there's one of the fishes had worm egg's under its flakes of fish and i cant remember if it was cod , halibut etc .They add to the protein :thumbs:

I was out sea fishing a couple of years ago,the skipper cooked a few different fish for us,i said,theres a worm in that one.He just laughed and said,they all have worms!
  • Like 1

i boil them for a hour for the dog, for my self boil them as a stew 2 days on+off to (marinade) with veg+herbs. And boiling them for a hour (dont) make the bones brittle for the dogs.never had a prob in 25 years :thumbs:

hope you dont eat alot of them your bills must be huge lol

know what your saying but taste better after been in the stock for a while atb

hope you dont eat alot of them your bills must be huge lol

know what your saying but taste better after been in the stock for a while atb

ye the bills can get bit heavy in the winter with food+ house lol, but your right the meat really tast nice left couple days :thumbs: