trout on a lure

went lure fishing on the same stream today for an hour and caught 3 little trout

This was the biggest one at about 1 pound. caught it 1st cast at this waterfall where theres usually a few big trout.

As usual, my little patt came with me. its absolutely crackers about fishing and as soon as it sees me pick up a rod its not going to be left! :laugh:

Edited by bushing lad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's an old trout i caught down the local DISCO bait i used was a few shandies

Went out on our little river yesterday, only had the one, as they were going mad for the fly, but made a clip of it if you are interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRTDRc_VYo

All these would work, mepps is great, i like to fish them upstream. I like the tobys better when there is a little colour in the water, not good to fish upsteam although my kinked ones will fish upstr

Posted Images

Them mepps spinner's are a great fish catcher,that's also a nice plug in that brownies mouth, great to be lure fishing at this time of year, i've carried on doing a bit of pike fishing this summer, nothing good yet, but i'm hoping.

• 2 months later...

went fishing for an hour today with the lure for some big brownies and caught my tea :thumbs:

DSCF0618.jpg

nice cock trout weighing about 2lbs and got a surprise when i got it home :blink:

DSCF0619.jpg

it had a 6 inch brown trout in its belly! :laugh:

DSCF0620.jpg

Nice fish Bushy, are they wild trout ? Certainly look like wild fish. Bet that big lad pulled your string didn't it ? Ever thought of throwing them a fly old boy ? I'm travelling up north in a couple of weeks chasing sea trout, only the mono fly for me .

went fishing for an hour today with the lure for some big brownies and caught my tea :thumbs:

DSCF0618.jpg

nice cock trout weighing about 2lbs and got a surprise when i got it home :blink:

DSCF0619.jpg

it had a 6 inch brown trout in its belly! :laugh:

DSCF0620.jpg

Nice fish Bushy, are they wild trout ? Certainly look like wild fish. Bet that big lad pulled your string didn't it ? Ever thought of throwing them a fly old boy ? I'm travelling up north in a couple of weeks chasing sea trout, only the mono fly for me .

i think their wild trout. the river that i fish used to be be called the ribena river because of all the factories that used to pump chemicals in it and the water was purple and nothing lived in it. but they cleaned it up 20 years or so years ago and stocked it so i suppose they are wild as they would of been born in the river :thumbs: never tried fly fishing before but i see trout rise often when ime out. :thumbs:

Years ago I had been fly fishing on the Queed Mother reservoir in Berkshire, and the Balliff was telling me that a customer had been reeling in a stockie, when one of the big trout that used to live in there, (and there were shoals of monster trout in there) took the stockie and both fish were landed!

Dont know how much truth is in it, but its possible I suppose if it managed to get itself hooked somehow.

Good film mate, looks a lovely place to be. would be good with the fly on there.

The fly is what I usually use, upstream dry, or nymph, but the himalayan balsam and knotweed has put a stop to that except for the places where it is shallow enough for waders. I only use a little 6ft fly rod, and there are still places where it is not to bad.

For a large stretch of the river, at least one bank is man made, as a result of all the old cotton mills and other industry that has long gone, so is quite deep in places.

The spinner is more for a quick 10 minutes on the way home from work, or when I am with the kids!

A good late mayfly hatch today though, the river was covered in them!