trout on a lure

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's an old trout i caught down the local DISCO bait i used was a few shandies

Went out on our little river yesterday, only had the one, as they were going mad for the fly, but made a clip of it if you are interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRTDRc_VYo

All these would work, mepps is great, i like to fish them upstream. I like the tobys better when there is a little colour in the water, not good to fish upsteam although my kinked ones will fish upstr

Posted Images

048-3.jpg

Had this nice trout on the mepps on me local river . Hit it like a express train . Sum canny fish kicking about at the minute a young lad had a 5lb sea trout on worm the other day .

Good fish there mate, some big fish have been caught this season by Pench and that :thumbs:

Its been canny darren and folk say theres nowt in lol

048-3.jpg

Had this nice trout on the mepps on me local river . Hit it like a express train . Sum canny fish kicking about at the minute a young lad had a 5lb sea trout on worm the other day .

Good fish there mate, some big fish have been caught this season by Pench and that :thumbs:

Every time I plan on going I get a call saying I'm needed at work :cray: , Do you know if many salmon parr are still getting pulled out like last season?

048-3.jpg

Every time I plan on going I get a call saying I'm needed at work :cray: , Do you know if many salmon parr are still getting pulled out like last season?

Aint heard of any getting caught darren

048-3.jpg

Aint heard of any getting caught darren

I was with Pench last night, we are going down on monday night :yahoo: , he said that he hasn't had any either but it will be fun when they come back up from the sea in a few years. This Bear will be like a beast on the waterfall :clapper:

Taking trout with lures is good fun but bread on a size 6 hook allways seems to single out the biggest ones for me. And there's allways the chance of a grayling aswell. Out of interest what's the biggest any if you lads have had on a lure/spinner ?

bread the one mate spot on
  • 1 month later...

Been on my local river today ,havent been out for a month or so had a couple hours with a few plugs lures etc.even tried fly not even a nibble .along came my pal and said try these chilli sweetcorn pulled in 2, 4lb sea trout and a 5 lb salmon which went back .happy days ,will be trying the chilli again ...note to self wash hands before you take a leak haha

• Like 1