trout on a lure

This is a few of the types of lures i use for trout, sea trout and in bigger sizes Salmon. The toby type lures i make myself, the kinked lures i made myself, they have a different action than the toby.

flys003.jpg

them little plugs you have their would be deadly on the stream near me! :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's an old trout i caught down the local DISCO bait i used was a few shandies

Went out on our little river yesterday, only had the one, as they were going mad for the fly, but made a clip of it if you are interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRTDRc_VYo

All these would work, mepps is great, i like to fish them upstream. I like the tobys better when there is a little colour in the water, not good to fish upsteam although my kinked ones will fish upstr

Posted Images

048-3.jpg

Had this nice trout on the mepps on me local river . Hit it like a express train . Sum canny fish kicking about at the minute a young lad had a 5lb sea trout on worm the other day .

Good fish there mate, some big fish have been caught this season by Pench and that :thumbs:

Looks like a nice rainbow there mate, are they released into a river, or is that on a ressy?

cant release them into any uk river must be from res that one mate

we got some trout lakes only yards from river here, have been times its flooded an other where somebody have pulled the grates over the stream that connects them, some cracking rainbow been pulled oot over the last few years

Just as a point,I am relatively new to spinning for trout,what in your opinions would be the top ten trout spinners or lures,thats worth buying,I am hoping to spend some time troling on the lakes again next year,

ive used plenty of lures for trout and by far my favourite is the abu garcia tormentor lures. :thumbs:

Just as a point,I am relatively new to spinning for trout,what in your opinions would be the top ten trout spinners or lures,thats worth buying,I am hoping to spend some time troling on the lakes again next year,

ive used plenty of lures for trout and by far my favourite is the abu garcia tormentor lures. :thumbs:

What size /weight do you use.??

In some places a floating rapala can be very good as you can float it down the river under overhanging trees etc, good places for decent fish. It is easier to feeb the line off if you use thin floating braid around 3lb which is less diameter than 1lb mono, once you have got the lure where you want it crank it down and fish slow as possible. i ggod lure i like is the yo-zuri pin lure.

• Like 1