foxes on the increase

over 10 years ago ,i went to a certain place were foxes were abundant me and my mates were regulary taking over 30 foxes with lurchers a week ,as we had hammered the place over a number of years ,it is a few mile away from a city so we decided to leave it ,i recently went back on thursday and called more foxes than i had seen than the first time i had gone there ,as anybody else noticed the change since the stupid b*****ds had banned it .

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me an a few hunting friends were haveing a convo about this the other day. The rabbit number have dropped right off but there seems to be a big increase in the number of fox and badger around lately.

was on about this to a mate the other day i think they seem to be a lot more near people now days on the out skirts of towns,villages,citys, the further we go out in the country side the less we been

You must be mistaken...........its a fact that the new invention of the rifle and 4x4 there are no foxes left......

plenty of foxes a bout here not more than usual tho there has always been loads , plenty roe and magpies more than ive ever seen in my lifetime , but a lot less rabbits and hares , was speaking to the local head keeper at the start of the season and he said they dont shoot the hares and havent for a few years just not enough about !

Macky, from what i've seen mate, I recon certain places have become 'hot spots' with plenty there, not getting bothered too much since the ban. Other specks that always had a few about now seem dead. Maybe they are now being hammered by those local to the area, or the fox numbers did rise after the ban and the farmers have taken action and the shooting boys came in.

• Like 1

Macky, from what i've seen mate, I recon certain places have become 'hot spots' with plenty there, not getting bothered too much since the ban. Other specks that always had a few about now seem dead. Maybe they are now being hammered by those local to the area, or the fox numbers did rise after the ban and the farmers have taken action and the shooting boys came in.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've only just takeing an interest in the sport, and only been out a few times tagging along with my bull/bulls so cant speak of old, but every time i been out on the lamp thers been a few. i get them comeing up from the old burn at the back of my house every night round about the same time, these reds at the back of my house are not scared atall they will look you in the eye and practicaly walk past you and slip threw the fence into the burn calm as you like. i've had to call my youngest off a few times ;)

I've only just takeing an interest in the sport, and only been out a few times tagging along with my bull/bulls so cant speak of old, but every time i been out on the lamp thers been a few. i get them comeing up from the old burn at the back of my house every night round about the same time, these reds at the back of my house are not scared atall they will look you in the eye and practicaly walk past you and slip threw the fence into the burn calm as you like. i've had to call my youngest off a few times ;)

west of scotland here.