fao of tomo, poachers pocket, frankel, ginny spinner,

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest it's a piss poor turnout when it seems like folk are trying to undermine the achievements of those dogs who do and have taken big hauls of rabbits in the dales. Lads who will and do run

Are you really that naive that you think rabbits just run at full speed into a stone wall and bounce?   If the grass is short, grazed down by sheep the rabbits are fast even in a stone wall fields.

well there isn't any rabbits with in that distance... come try it Jim and find out for yourself... I have no reason to lie have i??   you should maybe get down from you pedestal jim and listen to wh

:victory:Good news about your wee chavie Andy,...and when your babies are unwell, don't it put matters, into perspective... :yes:

All the best, P.

It does that P :thumbs: ..glad she's back home now,my lad Frankel's girlfriend is actually a nurse and was one of many who helped get her sorted at the local hospital..my old man told me many years ago "that dogs are just that ..a dog and will ALWAYS take a back seat when kids and illness are involved" and he weren't wrong :thumbs: ..ATB Andy. ;)

Never a truer word spoken and i hope alls well.
  • Like 1

i also got 12 retrieved hares from 15 flushes in september on sum big feilds and short grass and winter weats jst poking threw does that mean the hares were easy ? all am saying is that the runs are alot longer and harder to catch not saying minshaw or any dogs wont catch them jst saying ther alot harder to catch up there grass is like golfcourse and alot of holes for them to drop in if the dogs not tight up there arse as up north the rabbits sit out and seem to drop on rabbits one after another with a wall surrounding the fiels that make it alot easier in my eyes also a good dog will catch anywere ye right but has it got the 50 odd runs up north in it down norfork as 50 runs down south wud be like 100 runs up north imo

To be honest it's a piss poor turnout when it seems like folk are trying to undermine the achievements of those dogs who do and have taken big hauls of rabbits in the dales.

Lads who will and do run their dogs on any ground and work them hard on a regular basis deserve a little more respect than that because other than them all you are left with is a bunch of fannies talking bullshit!!!!

There's enough tools on this site who deserve a verbal shot being taken at them without trying to dig out the lads who actually do really get amongst it!!!!

I see it happen all the time.........trying to get your dog regular Graft in Andys part of the country is hard enough with the constant hassle from the police etc so fair play to them boys

Trying to say because a rabbit is fatter in a certain areas so they are easier to catch.......get a grip boys!!!!!

Any dog that can catch 20, 30, 50 plus in a night is doing very well indeed and the owner deserves some congratulations.......this is why I don't accept invitations, to many buffoons around!!

I wish your wee girl a speedy recovery Andy

• Like 7

Hope the bairn is better soon andy. A bit different in the dales 20 years ago andy there was not that many farmers would let you on with lurchers lamping some did but they were not keen on dogs round sheep.That being the case we did more ferreting and shooting with shotguns then and some farms had to be seen to believed they where lifting with rabbits took some biggish bags but we had a market for them as a lot of the old miners would take your hand off for ferreted rabbits.

thats it im moving from Wales to The Dales to catch these fat easy rabbits

That's enough with the rhymes, we leave the poetry to x38 round here! Lol lol

Edited by WILF

imo dale rabbits are a maybe easier the thing is not every dog can run that type of land,shaun of derby you chased 23 last week and got 21 good night but them rabbits cant be hard either realy not a dig just an observation

we took a lad from your area ,,well i did i shud say.. ,,in fact he,s mates with your family,,he said the same a very testing rabbit,, YOUR PM SAID TO ME YOU HAVE ADD OVER 500 RABBS THIS SEASON WITH YOUR PUP,, IFF YOU DONT GO TO THE DALES,, AND YOU SAY YOU ONLY GO A HOUR AT THE MOST FROM YOUR HOUSE,,I WILL SAY WELL DONE FOR GETTING THEM NUMBERS,,

Just a bit of advice from a young lad jim, you shouldnt be talking about what pms are saying. There private msgs and Not for the public forum, thats why he doesnt post about his outings. Its his own buisness.

How many rabbits you had with your pup jim

Edited by frankel

i also got 12 retrieved hares from 15 flushes in september on sum big feilds and short grass and winter weats jst poking threw does that mean the hares were easy ? all am saying is that the runs are alot longer and harder to catch not saying minshaw or any dogs wont catch them jst saying ther alot harder to catch up there grass is like golfcourse and alot of holes for them to drop in if the dogs not tight up there arse as up north the rabbits sit out and seem to drop on rabbits one after another with a wall surrounding the fiels that make it alot easier in my eyes also a good dog will catch anywere ye right but has it got the 50 odd runs up north in it down norfork as 50 runs down south wud be like 100 runs up north imo

what alot of shite that is what youre basically saying is that the rabbits up north half the speed of the ones down south grow up mate all my permission is on sheep land golfcourses and a gliding runway and i can tell you these rabbits are turbo charged
  • Like 1