Better off dead

loads of em snapped up ;)

i should release the ones that look like survivors when im ferreting, i always catch them first and get blood thirsty and dont want to go home empty handed :laugh::thumbs:

Do you have a split personality?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the chances of mixi reproducing and the young to grow up healthy are very slim,so it is better to kill as much mixi as possible,they will die a horrible death anyway if left,so to me letting them rep

Noooo, not me, these myxi

But It is still the hunting season, so better to take out the weak and diseased rabbits before the fit and healthy surely?

Posted Images

i should release the ones that look like survivors when im ferreting, i always catch them first and get blood thirsty and dont want to go home empty handed :laugh::thumbs:

i think your getting at the fact im saying to this chap i would not kill them yet i do? every 1 in say 20 i catch shows the sypmptons, and you have to go far to catch 20 rabbits here :laugh: there is never really an epidemic, just the odd one or 2 recoverers. if i was in a situation where there was an epidemic then i would leave them be in the hope they would proudce sport for me next time. its just i disagree with the statement they are better off dead due to above reasons i mentioned. what im saying my circumstances are different to her but if i was ever in those this is what id do! :thumbs:

Patterdalejoel the rabbits must be thin on the ground your way, you should set up some sort of Rabbit intensive care unit, get them all on drips etc, or even better you could net every rabbit and take them to your vets to get them vaccinated against Mixi. Personally I say forget sport, put them out of their misery

i think your getting at the fact im saying to this chap i would not kill them yet i do? every 1 in say 20 i catch shows the sypmptons, and you have to go far to catch 20 rabbits here :laugh: there is never really an epidemic, just the odd one or 2 recoverers. if i was in a situation where there was an epidemic then i would leave them be in the hope they would proudce sport for me next time. its just i disagree with the statement they are better off dead due to above reasons i mentioned. what im saying my circumstances are different to her but if i was ever in those this is what id do! :thumbs:

So realy your saying you would sit there and watch them suffer a very horable death?

rather than help them along with whats going to happen anyway.

Personaly i would rather wipe the lot out of they were all suffereng from mixi

forget sport.

what if they are genetically capable of surviving and repopulating, you are killing the rabbits that may give you sport next season :hmm::thumbs:

there is no sport in catching mixi rabs,you are better killing the mixi ones,to give the healthy ones a better chance of survival and not catching mixi,if the mixi reproduce the chances of survival are very slim

i wasnt suggesting catching mixi rabbits was sport, if they have healthy babies that will be healthy next winter to catch surely that is better than catching and killing every rabbit in the district with mixi, then you deffo have no chance of repoplulation

isn't mixi passed on by fleas? so surely taking out the mixi rabbits is reducing the spread of the fleas/disease and helping the population?

Need to lob some flee bombs down any active warrens you come across. If we all did this, imagine the effect on bunny populations!

this disease was introduced by us humans , a slow painfull death. humane - no

you know the humans who banned hunting with dogs on certain quarry , calling it inhumane

the ones who swamp our communities with foreigners

hippicrits :censored: / stupid bunny huggers

kill the lot i hate mixy your doing the poor buggers a favour

Not always.

A couple of years ago, a gamekeeper friend I had put 6 myxi rabbits in a quiet pen in a corner, on grass with shelter and the essentials covered. Within 2 weeks, the whole lot had recovered!