is it a jacker???

Hi guys just got in from lamping when i was out a big rabbit!! got up about 70 or so yards away the dog was off the slip but just stood there ears pricked up watching it didnt even attempt to run it.

I no it was a fair distance away but thought it would be off like sh*t off a stick.

An hour or so later another big bunny squatter this time got within 10 yards it bolted dog followed and gave it a good run missed it but seemed to put her all in to it.

Has anyone experienced this before is this the first signs of it jacking on me?? Anyone have any ideas. Cheers

its plain as ya nose ya dog got better judgement then you she new she didnt stand a chance .......ive not much time for that type of dog they pick there runs ......but the likly answer is you sicken her on hares were there to strong for her to handle

sounds to me that you dog is picking and choseing its rabbits if it doesnt think it has a chance its not going thinks it knows more than you seen this happen a few times before usualy with dogs that are tired or are used to chasing big stuff and cant be bothered with rabbits

• Like 1

If a dog is choosing it's runs, unless it's really knackered it's a jacker. But its only a jacker if you want it to chase something and it won't or it thinks it can't

my dog is same but with rabbits she will try her hardest and run the beam on everything else though its pissed me off that much i am going to stop taking her,she will pick her runs on them and most times they can be caught.was out with my other dog last night and he is totally mental he gets a lot more catches on the rabbits so i just take him in the future.with hares they dont get in cover like a rabbit so they should not pick there runs imo so she is maybe over classed by them

Hi guys just got in from lamping when i was out a big rabbit!! got up about 70 or so yards away the dog was off the slip but just stood there ears pricked up watching it didnt even attempt to run it.

I no it was a fair distance away but thought it would be off like sh*t off a stick.

An hour or so later another big bunny squatter this time got within 10 yards it bolted dog followed and gave it a good run missed it but seemed to put her all in to it.

Has anyone experienced this before is this the first signs of it jacking on me?? Anyone have any ideas. Cheers

have you been were i told you to go for alook in the day time yet mate?

have you been were i told you to go for alook in the day time yet mate?

Tb whats the craic with the bullcross you got off hopper?

I missed the whole story, PM if preferred mate?

:thumbs:

FTB