dogs drop you in it lol

Reminds me of the day when my next door neighbour banged on my window and asked me if 'that' dog was mine: I looked out and saw a black, smooth coated lurcher in the process of killing a huge blue feral cat in the road in front of the house. 'Not one of mine' I said, then looked again: it was one of my OH's dogs! He must have snuck over the fence. Luckily only that neighbour had seen, and her husband is pest control so she wasn't fazed; though it was right in front of some retired, 'religious' people's house!!! Lucky or what!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread Bird.

look on the bright side bird at least it was a decent retrieve :laugh: .

yeh he norm dont lol , good job he dont do is crunching stuff on it in front of 'em jon :laugh: , the look on there faces they would have killed me lol

tell me about it i was out joggin with my dog id only just set off when old bully got a cat in the bottom of a hedge pulled it out onto the path by the neck it was dead more or less instant a woman was coming up the street shouting the b stard its killed it the b stard im stud there in my shorts thinking shit this is not good after i got the dog off i went back home put the dog in got my wife and went back to make my apolygies the cat was stone dead the woman that was cursing me was allready at the door i made my sorrys and offered to bury it the woman was distraught said the cat was 15 i felt bad for the woman but what could i do the one thing that did cross my mind was could i get done for this at the end of the day my dog was on a lead and this cat was unsupervised out in public i know the law states that greyhounds must be muzzled in a public place but dont know if this applys to lurchers

Edited by 2.8 guy

Im sure dogs do it on purpose. We were talking my wifes step sisters to the park while visiting Plymouth. Beautiful sunny sunday morning, park full of mums and kids and .... hundreds of feral pigeons! Terrier is straight in there and ragging one of them into a cloud of feathers :blink: then proudly bringing it to hand. Needless to say, we didnt stay long!

had one these moments today. my little collie whippet lurcher been beating 3 years never chase a bambi up there. today was on point in massive bramble patch i sent her on thinking was a bird. i carried on walkin climbing over fallen trees with the terrier the mrs didnt want hold anymore. whilstling lurcher usually comes straight away. few mins later came running back from out front. lies on floor like knew done something wrong. i thought might of been on fox scent that was just seen running in woods. i carried on got to end drive placed a pricked pheasant the lurcher just found and retrieved with the rest birds. then one the guns said that was a good catch your lurcher made in middle the field in front of all us. lol.

Had the odd time when I'm trying my hardest not to make eye contact with some nosey fecker while stuffing some dead critter up my top and grabbing at the dogs collar to very swiftly make an exit.

Head down, hide the quarry, grab the dog and dissapear...... fecking quick!