The pics are of my lads 9 mth old JRT bitch. She was fine until about 3 mths, then started with a sore patch on top of her head. She's been taken to the vet A LOT and has had tests for mites, mange, has been treated for ringworm, shes also had steroids (prednisolone) which is what shes on at the moment. Also the vet recommended a change of diet to iams dry food which shes been on for a couple of months now. None of this has made any improvement at all and as you can see she is a real mess.

What else can the lad try?

post-23085-0-41038100-1325802277_thumb.jpeg

post-23085-0-53521500-1325802342.jpeg

The dog was on bakers complete when the trouble started, came off that onto iams on vets advice. She's had a dose of ivermectin too. My lad hasn't tried her on a meat only diet, a good friend has recommended putting her on a unwashed tripe diet to see if that improves things. Sound advice?

Btw, she always seems hungry and gains no weight despite eating plenty. The sores are not wet, but the dog reeks awful even a few minutes after being bathed.

Atb

MY terrier had something which sounds like what your describing but no where near like that - mainly on her back in patches and abit under her stomach.Smelled to high heaven and fur was a bit greasy??

Vet said it was localised dermodectic mange (red mange) it was a kind of mite under the skin that had to be burned out thought the skin pores - wasn't contagous but sepcific to that dog - she has a course of 3 injections each one 10 days apart - 1st one the dogs howled and jumped around like feck - it sorted her out though. Might it be worth a second opinion?Good luck - let us know how you get on

bad shit that, id try e45 (maybe not that but something simular) or something to help the skin

Thats what the Camrosa does bud,, bloody amazing stuff, was the only thing that would clear up the lick sores on yin oh my spaniells

Has she been treated with Advocate or Stronghold every 2 weeks for a duration of 6 weeks? Mites don't always show up in tests, but they're still there.

Does she smell "mousey"?

I also use Bob Grass Skin Cure ointment to alleviate the itching with very mangy dogs.

Edited by lurcherlass