Toys/presents you remember

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a chemistry set one year too. After Christmas dinner when all the adults were relaxing in the living room, I mixed a load of the chemicals in a test tube, and was a little disappointed when noth

Can't beat the atari 2600

Tin can alley six million dollar man action figure..had the bionic eye where you looked through it and everything was magnified  

i was the bairn of the family,therefore was a spoilt little brat much to my old mans disgust lol

As an older bother I can relate to this! My little brother even got put on my dad insurance the little tw&t.

I got a bigtrak once which I wanted so much but was sh*t. Generally I got stuff like a camera or binoculars...the kind of stuff u didn't want but actually u used more than a toy :)

A big chemistry set [bANNED TEXT] i was about ten i still dont know why they fekin bought it me hopefully to poisen mi sen lol

I got a chemistry set one year too. After Christmas dinner when all the adults were relaxing in the living room, I mixed a load of the chemicals in a test tube, and was a little disappointed when nothing happened, so I thought it'd be a good idea to warm the mixture up on the gas cooker, but after I'd given the test tube a really good shake to mix it all up, I never took the rubber bung out, so when it got hot it exploded like a cannon, all over the ceiling.

Another year, when I was really into sea fishing, one of my stocking fillers was a mould to make my own weights (which I was told I must only do under supervision). A few days after christmas when I was in the house alone I decided no one would be any wiser if I made a few weights before anyone returned. I used one of my Mothers best pans to melt some lead, and everything seemed to be going really well until I lifted the pan to pour the lead, and the handle was that hot that I just dropped the lot, and it melted most of the kitchen flooring which was new just before Christmas. Ahhhh memories lol

• Like 4

when i was a youngster the old man made a lot of our toys wooden shields and swords were all the rage one year i was told that if i was

a good boy santa would bring me a very special present

so was on my best behavior leading up to that special night i woke up early xmas morning and sat in bed eating my apple, tangerine,and a one or two pieces of chocolate money from my stocking that was hanging at the foot of my bed

waiting for mum and dad to bring in my special present it was in a big box at the foot of their bed they called me in to their room so they

could see my face when i opened it then

wow :yahoo: it was a full roman outfit a helmet with full face pull down visor a brest and back plate armor with belt and sword plus leg and

arm protectors (all in grey plastic)

right now in full armour it was out into the street to do battle with anyone and everyone who was prepared to take on this fully kitted

roman soldier

the first thing to break was the sword then unable to defend myself they set about me with there wooden swords :icon_eek: ouch arrrrgggg f*ck f*ck

f*ck retreat back to the house battered and bruised :cray::sorry: lumps on head arms and legs 2mm plastic is no match against a

2" x1" sword

ok guys i am back out :hmm: anyone for a game of kick the can

• Like 1

A Johnny 7...No it wasn't a durex you could re-use several times but a plastic machine gun with seven different gadgets on it. I remember giving the old fella the full treatment when he got up in the afternoon that christmas day...He booted it over the feckin' telly!

I remember them mate I prayed to bloody santa for one and all I got was a kep gun...next door neighbour had one I feckin hated him with his granade launching beast of a gun.

I remember my lil bro got a 'Big Trak' when he was about 8. My parents recently got one for the smaller grandkids and it brought back a lot of memories. I reckon it was ahead of time as i think its still a goer now.

Kerplunk? I invented 'Cat Kerplunk'. Simply load up the family cat when it is totally zoundo and wait til the load gets so much it moves and sheds some of its load - hours of fun :)

A black & white portable tv in white casing arrived a few weeks after xmas (late Kays catalogue delivery most likely).......mother explained santa couldn't fit it on his sleigh at xmas time. I was able to watch multicoloured swap shop in black & white my bedroom on saturday mornings. :thumbs:

• Like 1

A vinyl single of 'Disco Duck' :laugh:

Ice skates one year, roller skates another

An air hockey game

I had hours of fun with my Barbie Camper :icon_redface:

I had the Bionic man as well

Bag of marbles

Bag of jacks

... life was much simpler back then :laugh:

Transformers (Generation 1)

He-Man figures & vehicles

Star Wars figures and spaceships (The first time round, wish I still had them..)

Meccano

Lego

Tonka trucks

A replica martian robot off the Smash adverts! :laugh:

a BMX

Scalectrix

Hornby Intercity 125 train set

..and some hopper thing that was like an inflatable ball with a plastic disc round it. It was very popular at the time but I cant remember what the fecking thing was called now.. :hmm:

Spolit little brat i used to hate them kids who had everything :D .................while i was stcuk with 1 left hand boxing glove,1 left foot roller skate.......needless to say im right handed but my brother was tougher than me :icon_redface:

:laugh: I didn't have them all at once Gnash, that list more or less covers my entire childhood! :laugh:I had two younger brothers and two younger sisters, so stuff never tended to last that long! :D

I didnt know you were in a catholic family mate................. :laugh:

The only thing i wanted was a motorbike.......take away all my presents and thats all i wanted....but just because my mum decided to walk out from behind the bus when she was at school and get skittled along the road like a f*****g bowling ball by a boy on a motorbike then i was never allowed one, to dangerous seemingly.... :censored: :censored: :censored:

I didnt know you were in a catholic family mate................. :laugh:

:o:laugh:

We're non practising Evangelical you cheeky b*****d, we just breed like Catholics.. ;):laugh: My auntie's got 6 kids & my uncle's got 7 (adopted). :yes::thumbs: