Whats The Deepest You Have Ever Dug For A Ferret??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anybody remember the pic brimmer put up on here a few years back,,, 8 foot trenched in on a bank,, and the back fill was very neat as well ,, i remember him saying the hob was trapped as well behind a rabbit..

about a foot to the ferret and 4-5 foot to recover lost collars twice. :angry: Once though flinty rabble (in a bury which we f*****g told an idiot there was nothing at home but he insisted on trying it..) & once through the roots of a holly tree..

one of my permissions has a large sloped bank that can often mean a straight down dig of about 10 ft but because of the angle of the bank its often possible to dig into it rather then down to it sandy mostly so not that bad most of the time id rather wait for them here though. only dug it twice though mostly most digs are below the 4ft mark

5 foot twice in the same morning in loosish earth, no trouble digging with a decent sized round mouth. Only got 2 rabbits that day! lol.

Never had a ferret slip it's collar.... (touch wood!)

Always worth digging but I have noticed that some people are far to keen to reach for the shovel and locator. One of my pet hates when out ferreting. Give the fert a bit of time....

5 foot thta was deep enough ,used to dig alot of rabbs out at one time , fech some days maybe dug seven eight diffrent holes to pull several rabbs out , some days when they were not bolting it made the bag up , now one or two digs aday diffrent type of land most times lately is four seprate digs to acount for seven rabbs ,

5 foot thta was deep enough ,used to dig alot of rabbs out at one time , fech some days maybe dug seven eight diffrent holes to pull several rabbs out , some days when they were not bolting it made the bag up , now one or two digs aday diffrent type of land most times lately is four seprate digs to acount for seven rabbs ,

Half expected to read "to Australia locked onto a backed up roo" :whistling::tongue2: