TOOL OR WORKING COMPANION

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tools the lads i go out with are working companions, if ye start loving a dog and treating it like ye best mate ye make excuses for faults and the dogs lack of skill or progress next thing ye know ye

Working companion, you have to have a bond with a dog to get the best out of it, unless your a point and slip merchant and require little or no training, but to me that is not what a lurcher is all a

Its a working dog site, you shouldnt have to justify your reason on here.

You'll never get the best out of a dog without putting love into it.

Feck off fella i had a terrier jack on me a few weeks ago,silly me all i had to do was love the little b*****d and it would of stayed instead of waving the white flag with its tail tucked up its arse :laugh:

How much time have you put into the dog? Why did it jack? How long have you had it? Will it be up for sale now because it hasn't met your expectations?

I put plenty time into it ,it jacked because it was a wanker and no its joined the rest of the wankers that havent made my expectations in jacker heaven :thumbs:
  • Like 1

ANY CLOWN THAT TREATS A DOG LIKE A TOOL SHOULD BE f*****g SHOT-THATS WHY THE ANTIS HAVE ITIN FOR US WHEN KNOBS COME OUT WITH QUOTES LIKE THAT.THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT CAN RUIN A GOOD DOG IN FIVE MINUTES AND ON TO THE NEXT.NOTHING BUT COCKKNOCKERS.

Well call me mr clown cockknocker then :thumbs:

Feck off fella i had a terrier jack on me a few weeks ago,silly me all i had to do was love the little b*****d and it would of stayed instead of waving the white flag with its tail tucked up its arse :laugh:

Sorry Hedz but I dont think you cancompare a earth dog to a lurcher, as there is a heap more training envolved which needs a bond.

Sorry Hedz but I dont think you cancompare a earth dog to a lurcher, as there is a heap more training envolved which needs a bond.

Same principle mate all the love in the world aint gonna make a dog if its a wanker ive had a few lurchers jack on me and not make the grade if a dog aint got the heart or what it takes ye can love a dog and marry the fecker if ye like it aint gonna make it is it :thumbs:

I got my first longdog when I was 17. He was a 1st cross deerhound greyhound. A travelling boy gave me him because he'd jacked on a hare the day before and he was "only fit for a bullet!". The dog was 11 months old. He was full of mange and you could see his vertebrae through what was left of his coat. I fed him up, got rid of the mange and took him out with me everyday with catapult or airgun. When he was full grown he was 30" TTS and weighed 100lbs. He caught a fair few bunnies, but on the tighter ground of Mitcham Common never really had a chance to get into his full stride. He never had the stamina for hares, he'd been hammered too young. What he did excel at was bigger stuff. We would course foxes all over South London and Surrey. In parks, recreation grounds, school playing fields, industrial estate car parks, the sewerage works. He always ran single handed and caught and killed loads. These were the days before the internet, when all we had was The Shooting News (now The Countrymans Weekly), I knew only what I read in books, a couple of old boys taught me and what I learnt for myself. Was my dog exceptional? Nope. Did he exceed everyones expectations? Yes he did.

If people give dogs a chance they could be surprised by what the dog does. If someone hasn't got the skill or experience to get the best out of a dog then maybe they should look at themselves and not the dog. How many dogs are up for sale or rehoming from 6 months old and onwards? Loads. Because the dogs are no good or because the owners can't get the best out of them or have caused faults in the dog?

• Like 3

How much time have you put into the dog? Why did it jack? How long have you had it? Will it be up for sale now because it hasn't met your expectations?

I put plenty time into it ,it jacked because it was a wanker and no its joined the rest of the wankers that havent made my expectations in jacker heaven :thumbs:

What breed of terrier? How old was it?

I got my first longdog when I was 17. He was a 1st cross deerhound greyhound. A travelling boy gave me him because he'd jacked on a hare the day before and he was "only fit for a bullet!". The dog was 11 months old. He was full of mange and you could see his vertebrae through what was left of his coat. I fed him up, got rid of the mange and took him out with me everyday with catapult or airgun. When he was full grown he was 30" TTS and weighed 100lbs. He caught a fair few bunnies, but on the tighter ground of Mitcham Common never really had a chance to get into his full stride. He never had the stamina for hares, he'd been hammered too young. What he did excel at was bigger stuff. We would course foxes all over South London and Surrey. In parks, recreation grounds, school playing fields, industrial estate car parks, the sewerage works. He always ran single handed and caught and killed loads. These were the days before the internet, when all we had was The Shooting News (now The Countrymans Weekly), I knew only what I read in books, a couple of old boys taught me and what I learnt for myself. Was my dog exceptional? Nope. Did he exceed everyones expectations? Yes he did.

If people give dogs a chance they could be surprised by what the dog does. If someone hasn't got the skill or experience to get the best out of a dog then maybe they should look at themselves and not the dog. How many dogs are up for sale or rehoming from 6 months old and onwards? Loads. Because the dogs are no good or because the owners can't get the best out of them or have caused faults in the dog?

Sorry fella that dog came good because ye looked after it properly fed it right kenneled it right got it to its physical best and the previous owner was a wanker not because of the love ye gave it now ye could have the same situation and the dog could arrive in peak condition with the best given to it and it could jack again and again and ye could love it all ye wanted it wouldnt make it better would it some dogs have it some dont simple fact

Same principle mate all the love in the world aint gonna make a dog if its a wanker ive had a few lurchers jack on me and not make the grade if a dog aint got the heart or what it takes ye can love a dog and marry the fecker if ye like it aint gonna make it is it :thumbs:

Very true matey, there will be loads of lads invested plenty of time and effort into a dog only to find its not good enough.........thats life unfortunately, you got to wipe your mouth and move on.

There is no right or wrong, everyone will do what they believe is right and why not :victory:

What breed of terrier? How old was it?

Whats breed gotta do with it :laugh: and was old enough and not its first outing

Tools the lads i go out with are working companions, if ye start loving a dog and treating it like ye best mate ye make excuses for faults and the dogs lack of skill or progress next thing ye know ye are stuck with a wanker in ye kennels ye have to feed for the next 10-15 years :thumbs:

your a ruthless b*****d :tongue2: