Your Views On Lamping Hares

Easiest hares Ive seen killed was in the daylight at the corn cuttings, I knew guys how had shit dogs and the only time they brought them out was for the cuttings,

Ive lamped hares since lamping had its blue touch paper lit, seen hares on the lamp that NO dog would ever catch, seen hares that were picked out the seat, hares are a mixture of brilliance and stupidity when being chased by a dog. Ive seen some of the best coursing stock from where I live struggling to kill a hare up here on the lamp, then the same dogs come back from the Fens with tales of killing 5 out of 5 in the daytime..

Seem to be a lot of lads with morals on here...what a load of crap..more excuses for being part time hunters, scarred of the dark or your lass wont let you out at night..

• Like 17

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easiest hares Ive seen killed was in the daylight at the corn cuttings, I knew guys how had shit dogs and the only time they brought them out was for the cuttings, Ive lamped hares since lamping had

Why should the hare have more respect than any other quarry ? Surely ALL quarry, even vermin, deserves the utmost respect ? To be honest, I've caught far more daytime hares, and it's my favourite fiel

I think it reduces the ultimate athlete of the British countryside to a mediocre quarry that substandard dogs can achieve results on. Pre ban of course.   FTB

Posted Images

nothing better in my eyes than a good dog behind a daytime hare but i have lamped hares and not going to be a hypocrite. some are easy and best left alone but otheres are as hard as daytime if big land and seen light before . nowadays tend to only go daytime much better sport in my eyes .but and theres always a but what would you rather happen you know for a lot of hares is it better to run them with a dog on the lamp or shoot them daytime . i know which ide prefer to happen1st run them daytime 2nd run them on the lamp 3 leave them alone because i dont like the thought of shooting them.all pre ban of course lol.

Easiest hares Ive seen killed was in the daylight at the corn cuttings, I knew guys how had shit dogs and the only time they brought them out was for the cuttings,

Ive lamped hares since lamping had its blue touch paper lit, seen hares on the lamp that NO dog would ever catch, seen hares that were picked out the seat, hares are a mixture of brilliance and stupidity when being chased by a dog. Ive seen some of the best coursing stock from where I live struggling to kill a hare up here on the lamp, then the same dogs come back from the Fens with tales of killing 5 out of 5 in the daytime..

Seem to be a lot of lads with morals on here...what a load of crap..more excuses for being part time hunters, scarred of the dark or your lass wont let you out at night..

Romany, too many with blinkers on, their way or no way...

I agree about the differances and that nite hares are easy is a load of bull. The way i look at it daytime the dog can see good so can the hare but nite time they both have the same disadvantage of light n visibility but if its new ground the hare has the knowledge n knows the ground they live on thats [bANNED TEXT] makes them brilliant quarry. Jus my opinion that was but i can second that i have had lads comin down to me with top bollocks dogs n some if the hares have made them look stupid but afterwards they always use an excuse. Me personally wud prefer the course than the catch with hare so i give long slips like 200 yards but again jus my personal way.

Hares should b respected day and nite and also they r reguared as the best running dog quarry you will get day/nite

Yip ill go with that 100%....

Why should the hare have more respect than any other quarry ? Surely ALL quarry, even vermin, deserves the utmost respect ? To be honest, I've caught far more daytime hares, and it's my favourite field sport, but if one gets up in the lamp, it takes it's chance, like all other quarry !

Cheers.

• Like 8

Why should the hare have more respect than any other quarry ? Surely ALL quarry, even vermin, deserves the utmost respect ? To be honest, I've caught far more daytime hares, and it's my favourite field sport, but if one gets up in the lamp, it takes it's chance, like all other quarry !

Cheers.

Agreed

AS ALWAYS a sincible post from romany,, and agree with charts.. :thumbs:

i used to love my coursing ,,,i have organised big days,, and likwise been invited to other big days by good friends and good dogmen,, of course there the greatest of test daytime,, but you can still have fun on the lamp... :thumbs:

• Like 1

made me chuckle this :L

Best post Ive ever read on this site about taking hares with dogs day or night.

lamped hares coursed hares daylite thousands of times before the ban, the daylite hare is the best test but on some big undulating land on lamp very testing and not many dogs without good coursing hunting dog blood with cacth ,saw collie fied dogs half crosses terrier crosses all sorts get blowing away and open up yelping so no easy slouch ,same dogs are getting talked about as good , but against a wise fast hare at nite on undulating land only real good dogs cacth regulary ,plus helps if the hunter knowes roughly were to be ,on that type of land had as much sucsess daylite than nite other land small feilds walled areas collie half crosses will catch terrier type wil put a good show , for a few big runs but not last run after run , dont let people kid you on big arable land with lamp that hares are easy unless silly and never saw a dog and lamp ,