j j greenwood

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sounds a good dog trainer what year did he win it , obeideince is good but natural hunting and good stile better ,eye used to obeidece train them but better with a more natura stile and not to heavy o

thats shocking, charging folk to pass on the ways of the country, be it ferreting, lamping or anything no wonder our passion is dying, an for anybody else reading this,   DO NOT PAY THE MAN FFS, GET

thought about it befor inan,, get a caravan on one of my farms,, arrive fri night lamp,,, all day sat ferreting,,, sat night lamp ,, go home sunday, so 2 nights on the lamp and a days ferreting £100

Posted Images

why would anyone want to pay

Maybe they are finding it hard to get any ferreting of their own...

So why pay £375 to still have no permission after the course? If they are finding it hard and have £375 notes im sure they would find local farmers much more welcoming........

I know the guy and good luck to him. It's not aimed at young lads in the sport, the same as the day out grouse shooting for £17000 in Yorkshire isn't. If some tourist or well to do sort want a day out trying something different then it's there for the taking.

I know they did days out for people wanting to learn about ferreting etc, but I would imagine that this is aimed more at the 'pet' type owner who wants to take a comfortable break in Scotland and do a bit of ferreting at the same time. Jim's a genuine bloke, a bloody good dog behaviourist and a top lurcherman IMO: I hope he gets plenty of custom at a time when there's not a lot of dosh about. Having said that, there's still plenty of people with money...............just not on THL LOL

I know the guy and good luck to him. It's not aimed at young lads in the sport, the same as the day out grouse shooting for £17000 in Yorkshire isn't. If some tourist or well to do sort want a day out trying something different then it's there for the taking.

Obviously he is getting folk on the course so good luck to him, just glad when i was young folk took me out for nothing. As for 17 k grouse shooting, well organised shooting has always been a more expensive hobby rather than the grass roots of ferreting.......

I know they did days out for people wanting to learn about ferreting etc, but I would imagine that this is aimed more at the 'pet' type owner who wants to take a comfortable break in Scotland and do a bit of ferreting at the same time. Jim's a genuine bloke, a bloody good dog behaviourist and a top lurcherman IMO: I hope he gets plenty of custom at a time when there's not a lot of dosh about. Having said that, there's still plenty of people with money...............just not on THL LOL

Do pet type owners want to spend almost 400 sheets on a weekend break to kill bunnies? :laugh: Second thoughts i like the idea, any people out there want a ratting break with a terrier, you can kip in my spare room, have a pot noodle, toast for breakfast and i'll even treat you to a pizza at night...£300 per day :tongue2:

Only messing, as i say best of luck to him, although i maintain its expensive

i ment the site adress, was wrote wrong simmo,,, does anyone know who this greenwood fella is ???

I judged the E of E show with him a few years back ,he is a good lurcher judge and has a good reputation with dogs.

I would imagine this is aimed more thaose wanting to "experience", the out doors and have a taste of fields sports, rather than the meat and potatoes lurcher guy/woman.

Hope this hasn't given you ideas Tomo? :hmm:

Do pet type owners want to spend almost 400 sheets on a weekend break to kill bunnies? :laugh: Second thoughts i like the idea, any people out there want a ratting break with a terrier, you can kip in my spare room, have a pot noodle, toast for breakfast and i'll even treat you to a pizza at night...£300 per day :tongue2:

Yes we do!

It may seem steep, but his help and info is spot on. The only thing you need to bring is your dog. He covers everything from food to insurance.

Have been on one of his days (not the Scotland weekend) - was struggling to find someone to go out with - it isn't just a day in a field. It is advice, instruction and fun.

He is there for you and your dogs, not his bunny count. And his help and advice continues after the weekend. No cocky comments for asking questions like you can get on here. He's a sound bloke.

If any of you lads are willing to offer the same cheaper, I'm interested.

il offer it a lot cheaper and got alot of knoweledge land acomadaition , done it for years taking people out and well no diffrent ,youll see abit of dog work lamp work ferets work , on all sorts ,and can bring adog , last lot we had was hawking they had rabbs oheasants rooks they had a great day and found some [bANNED TEXT] sport for them

So why pay £375 to still have no permission after the course? If they are finding it hard and have £375 notes im sure they would find local farmers much more welcoming........

cant be looking very good hundreds of farmers would gladly give you permision for ferreting

thats shocking, charging folk to pass on the ways of the country, be it ferreting, lamping or anything no wonder our passion is dying, an for anybody else reading this,

DO NOT PAY THE MAN FFS, GET AN AD UP ON THIS SITE AN IM SURE SOMEBODY WILL TAKE YOU OUT FREE :yes:

PAYINY FOR A DAY OR 2'S FERRETING :blink:

• Like 4

il offer it a lot cheaper and got alot of knoweledge land acomadaition , done it for years taking people out and well no diffrent ,youll see abit of dog work lamp work ferets work , on all sorts ,and can bring adog , last lot we had was hawking they had rabbs oheasants rooks they had a great day and found some [bANNED TEXT] sport for them

offer it cheaper :bad: why not offer days out free of charge :censored: thought you made enough money out your lobsters an all that game you catch on the big stubbles ffs :laugh:

Yes we do!

It may seem steep, but his help and info is spot on. The only thing you need to bring is your dog. He covers everything from food to insurance.

Have been on one of his days (not the Scotland weekend) - was struggling to find someone to go out with - it isn't just a day in a field. It is advice, instruction and fun.

He is there for you and your dogs, not his bunny count. And his help and advice continues after the weekend. No cocky comments for asking questions like you can get on here. He's a sound bloke.

If any of you lads are willing to offer the same cheaper, I'm interested.

he wants to cover food for the year at that price

cant be looking very good hundreds of farmers would gladly give you permision for ferreting

You would be surprised in some areas...