j j greenwood

When i was 16 back in 1990 Plummer invited me and my old man up to Caithness for a weeks ferreting, didn't cost us a penny. Although i was young and impressionable and beleived all i was told until i got older and grew up :laugh: , even so it was a nice gesture.......As has been mentioned sometimes the best experience is learning by your mistakes :thumbs:

Go on....tell us he touched you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hes lucky if thats all he did a few old mates who he taught said he would get them in an head lock till they nearly passed out for misbehaveing in his class not by the head lock though they said by the smell of his personal hygine lol.

I was a bit big for that malarky :laugh: , he did keep asking why my dad disapeared, my dad needed a ciggy but i knew his hatred of smokers :laugh:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sounds a good dog trainer what year did he win it , obeideince is good but natural hunting and good stile better ,eye used to obeidece train them but better with a more natura stile and not to heavy o

thats shocking, charging folk to pass on the ways of the country, be it ferreting, lamping or anything no wonder our passion is dying, an for anybody else reading this,   DO NOT PAY THE MAN FFS, GET

thought about it befor inan,, get a caravan on one of my farms,, arrive fri night lamp,,, all day sat ferreting,,, sat night lamp ,, go home sunday, so 2 nights on the lamp and a days ferreting £100

Posted Images

When i was 16 back in 1990 Plummer invited me and my old man up to Caithness for a weeks ferreting, didn't cost us a penny. Although i was young and impressionable and beleived all i was told until i got older and grew up :laugh: , even so it was a nice gesture.......As has been mentioned sometimes the best experience is learning by your mistakes :thumbs:

Go on....tell us he touched you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hes lucky if thats all he did a few old mates who he taught said he would get them in an head lock till they nearly passed out for misbehaveing in his class not by the head lock though they said by the smell of his personal hygine lol.

:laugh: Edited by LAZYBSTARD
When i was 16 back in 1990 Plummer invited me and my old man up to Caithness

Young Simon sits enraptured while uncle Brian reads him a thrilling bedtime story,simon had to visit the little boys room twice that night for a wee so exciting were the tales(or maybe he just drank too much bedtime coco) :laugh:

post-1930-0-37906700-1321542958.jpg

Tomo.. this is your chance..undercut him..find a cheap B+B book em in and cream the profits off the top.. he might be very good at what he does.. but so are you !

i,ll be your agent/middle man..LOL...this time next year we,ewl be millionaires..LOL

cantbeat going on holiday and doing your hobby at the same time , the way i look at it you go fishing holdays hunting in all forms , if you go with guys who no abit about everything to do with the game the least you can do is pay him

thanks for the vote of confidence vin,,, but i think ide struggle taking money of lads like myself,,, also im not much good as a teacher type,, not alot of patiants, to be fair... and i dont think i know anymore than most other lads that have been hunting a few years.

and doing owt for money very often takes the fun out of it,,, did a paying rabbit job last week,, 27 rabbits of 2 hedges here,,, wiped them out,, farmers wife said,, is that all you got.... :doh:

i wish the fella well to be honest,, i just think its a little to much,, if he had it around £200 i think it would be more realistic

• Like 1

i ment the site adress, was wrote wrong simmo,,, does anyone know who this greenwood fella is ???

I judged the E of E show with him a few years back ,he is a good lurcher judge and has a good reputation with dogs.

I would imagine this is aimed more thaose wanting to "experience", the out doors and have a taste of fields sports, rather than the meat and potatoes lurcher guy/woman.

Hope this hasn't given you ideas Tomo? :hmm:

thought about it befor inan,, get a caravan on one of my farms,, arrive fri night lamp,,, all day sat ferreting,,, sat night lamp ,, go home sunday, so 2 nights on the lamp and a days ferreting £100 a man,, just take 2 people 3 at the most, at a time. ide provide food,,, sausages bacon ect, stew at night crate of beer, ect, or if early season and its mild , sep oct,, maybee barbacue befor lamping

trouble is ide be worried about boomerangs,,, DARCY,,,lol

Yes, I know what you mean , the guy who makes return visit, but doesnt want to trouble you by telling you. To be honest the long drive back from your land has allways daunted me ,though you were kind enough to offer me a night .Being able to kip in a caravan ,maybe in a sleeping bag makes it a much more attractive proposition.

Edited by inan

you pay a jioner, plumber, fishing trips etc i think 700 is steep maybe hundred a day per guy ,but in life there no set price for hard earned expierence and land you can go on with no hasle and have total freedom you could learn all aspacts of dog work ferrets making nets gutting skiining a bit cooking endless realy , i think its a great thing

a bit cooking

Scrap that mate,its a hunting holiday,not Celebrity Masterchef,but maybe your onto something about paying for your sport,places like the states and canada have dedicated guides,Tags etc,some hunts are up to £10k for a week,obviously dependant upon your target species but it still makes you think.

at the end of the day no one is being forced to pay or go .and if hes got customers obviously theres a market for that kind of thing personally it does sound a tad steep but jim is a top man with dogs and knows his onions and a very likeable guy as well. i can see there being a market for this kind of thing with companies sending cooperate days there .

honestly if you put a price a glossy picture youl get allsorts oveR the years ive took a few, more than a few never charged but all went home happy and said great ye great cause they were guided fed looked after basicaly, now i dont mind at times but in the big picture you pay tO SEE FOOTBALL , ETC SO I DONT SEE THE BAD THING ABOUT IT, YOU DONT CHARGE MATES BUT STRANGERS WELL THERE CLIENTS TO SOME ,\ ITS NO HARM TO CHARGE AS IF YOU PUT THEM UP IT PAYS FOR ELECTRICITY ETC ETC A FARMER OR TWO GET A PRESSIE LIFE GOES ON AS THEY SAY

well i stand by all i said earlier even after reading about price drops, an all the other reasons as to why its a good thing, id be willing to bet if a few of these buissnesses were to be set up in the near future then that would be the final nail in our coffins, folk paying to go out killing bunnys, great british bunny safari's lol whatever next, if you lucky enuff to get paid for your pestcontrol so be it, good on you, but to charge folk to teach them the way to ferret or lamp is out an out madness, an i hope any such buissnesses fail :victory:

• Like 2

I CAN SEE YOUR PIONT AS IF YOU GET PAID PAY THE FARMER YOU GET MORE LAND AND BE COME NOTHING BUT WHAT I WAS AGAINST MOST OF MY LIFE GAMIES LAIRDS WHATEVER ,INSTED OF GAMEKEEPER RABBIT KEEPER ,WHICH IS ALL AND FINE BUT CANT HURT TO TAKE PARTIES OUT HAVE FUN GET PAID AND GO HOME , LETS FACE ITITS THE ONLY LEGAL QAURRY YOU CAN DO HUNTING TRIPS ON ,SO YOU KEEP THE JUICY BITS FOR TRUSTED MATES , AND RABBS FOR PAYING CUSTOMERS ITS AGOOD THING AS LONG AS MONEY ISNT THE BE ALL