Anyone recommend a acoustic guitar

Looking to get myself an acoustic guitar but not to sure what to go for. I am a beginner but know my cords and can play simple 3 cord songs. I am not looking for some cheap beginners package something around £200 weather it be second hand or not.

So could anyone recommend anything?

atb shaun :thumbs:

Looking to get myself an acoustic guitar but not to sure what to go for. I am a beginner but know my cords and can play simple 3 cord songs. I am not looking for some cheap beginners package something around £200 weather it be second hand or not.

So could anyone recommend anything?

ebay pal no point asking on here to many NOBHEADS with stupid comments

Where you from mate? As said epiphone and yamaha have reasonably priced acoustics from around £50 some bargains to be had in cash converters....I picked up a nice epi in Elgin last week £50 well pleased with it

Edited by undisputed

I've got a Yamaha apx-5a semi acoustic, really nice guitar. It's small bodied and has decent action ( some acoustics can leave your wrist killing after 10 mins).

It was a bit more than you want to spend new but I reckon you'd fnd one second hand around that price.

The one thing I'd say is go and play a few in your local music shop see what type you like and you can make a choice from there ( you don't have to buy but you'll know what you like and maybe find a £400 guitar for £200 second hand)

Good luck with your choice mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

Its a bit like asking what kind of gun you should get...Whatever works for you it is within certain parameters only as good as the bloke/lass behind it.

Steel strings? Nylon? pick ups? tuners? all sorts.....For £200 you should be able to get a really good quality 2nd hand job Epiphone as mentioned are OK as are most of the japanese numbers coming out.

If you want high end stuff I reckon if you looked hard enough you might get a Martin for your money.

Guitars take years to "weather" in so don't get put off by 2nd hand and dazzled by brand new, it all depends on the timber.

Not had one but have heard that Tanglewood are good value.

Good luck

Swampy

Strummingning

Going to try a couple of guitar shops in the city centre in a few weeks so i can have a choice of what i feel comfortable with.Thanks for the help lads will have a look around and let you know how i get on.

Edited by shaunpauls7