no wonder the lurcher game is the way it is

jarv how can you think £200 for a well bred reared pup is over the top unbeleivable. i bred a litter of first cross saluki greyhounds paid £250 stud fee took the bitch to the dog twice in wigan from wales. not cheap beleive me then reared them on the best of everything wormed them reguarly plus jabbed them all and spent £100 pounds on adverts gave my son and son in law one each free and you think £200 is expensive you got to be having a laugh .

You're dead right mate ! I saw a litter advertised at £250 each. I did my homework, and they were exactly what I wanted. It was a 500 mile round trip, but I would travel any distance for the right pup. Anyhow, when I got there, it turned out we had mutual friends from years ago, the seller insisted I have the pick for £200, and then gave me £20 back for luck !!! A genuine bloke, and I would gladly have given the £250 for a pup I wanted !

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is so much hypocrisy on this site its laughable . . . . If you choose to breed a litter and raise them as pups should be raised then you have every right to sell them or give them away, they a

Stabba a wasn't bothered if they went to working homes or not, just aslong as they were going to a good home

You can track them down with a chip .....your sharper than I gave you credit for ....if you move a dog on you fill in the change of ownership and address form by post or www so its your mates fault fo

Posted Images

Jarv a advertised my pups in the countrymans weekly and out of about 20 other advertisements mines the cheapest there, there men selling saluki pups for 700 and mine went for 150, does that mean his dogs are better than mine or are we all misreble c**ts in scotland who want everything for two bags a dog food, its no wonder gundog men look down there nose at us, a bred ma bitch for pups for maself, a work and don't need money, if you put pups up fur 80 quid you would still get get people haggling, its a embarrasment to thereselfs,

Gun dog men can think what the fuk they like they are as bad as the kc show breeders all they see is pound signs 4 5 6 7 hundred quid for lab spaniels and pointers they are robbing b*****ds imo the minute money comes into pups then you are breeding for the wrong reasons ...the litter I have just bred all the pups will go for free and I can guarentee this litter will cost me a few grand but me and a few other lads will have pups on the ground....I have no problem with lads selling pups but the big money some ask for is robbery .....If pus were given away or sold for no profit there would be less pups born and the standard would be alot higher

• Like 6

Moo how will it cost you a couple of grand, u feeding them on takeaways and fillet steaks, it cost me 30pounds for food a week, 20 pounds for 2 bottles a drontal and cost me 40 pounds to advertise them, add that up over 10 weeks its a tad over 300, big difference from a couple of grand

Moo how will it cost you a couple of grand,

Keeping the owner of the bitch in kebabs and bog roll while he stays up there will most likely cost MOO £1500 at least! :laugh:

And all of Moo's pups are also rehomed with diamond collars...............

i dont like too ask much for pups if i have a litter which is very rarely mate i tend to give them to pals on the understanding that they come back to me if everything goes "pete tong" i only sell acouple if theres any left too pay for food and vet bills wormers etc etc i aingt a money grabber i like pups too go too good homes where i know theyll have the best start in life :thumbs:

• Like 2

Moo how will it cost you a couple of grand, u feeding them on takeaways and fillet steaks, it cost me 30pounds for food a week, 20 pounds for 2 bottles a drontal and cost me 40 pounds to advertise them, add that up over 10 weeks its a tad over 300, big difference from a couple of grand

I have built this for haveing the pups in .....so by the time the foond was done and the truss was the wrong size so had to get a joiner to build and fit a new truss on a sunday that takes it up to a kick off the arse of 2 grand

post-23537-0-54436100-1320685785_thumb.jpg

I have had the bitch in my yard for nearly 3 months ...the pups were born in Nov so will need a heat lamp so food ,electricity, worming ,micro chipping ...it will all add up but I wont ask for a penny for these pups cause as ive said I and others will have pups on the ground ....pups that we will hopefully turn out decent ....boyo if you can t see why the standard of working dogs would improve if money wasnt involved then im not going to try and explain it

• Like 2

moo no i cant understand how giving them for free will make the standard go up and ive had a think about it as well. but gotta say moo thats a cracking setup i would love to have it fair play to you.some kennel setup that . :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: