Gloves for ferreting

I have put this in the ferreting section rather than the clothing section because only people that go ferreting will undersand what it's like setting nets whilst wearing gloves.

Can anyone recommend a pair of waterproof, warm, gloves that are tight fitting that you can actually wear whilst out ferreting. I mean be able to set purse nets with them on and untangle a rabbit from a longnet. I have tried fingerless ones that fold back and took the velcro off so it doesn't get caught on the nets, but the bits that fold over get in the way. Completely fingerless ones aren't warm enough when the snow comes and it's cold and wet.

Is there a pair of gloves that will do what I want or will I just have to stop being a fanny.

as the above post,,, i havent tryed any but they do look good,, go on seal skins website,, they have some thin ones that can be submersed in water, and apparantly keep yoour hands dry.

my mates got socks by them he recons are good

• Like 1

Stop being a fanny. But I know somebody who has a pair of sealskinz and they keep my hands warm!, and are great for shooting. I try not to use gloves for ferreting but they would be good although they ain't cheap. If I do wear any I try and get away with a pair of palmless and fingerless leather backed gloves. (mitts)

I have put this in the ferreting section rather than the clothing section because only people that go ferreting will understand what it's like setting nets whilst wearing gloves.

Can anyone recommend a pair of waterproof, warm, gloves that are tight fitting that you can actually wear whilst out ferreting. I mean be able to set purse nets with them on and untangle a rabbit from a longnet. I have tried fingerless ones that fold back and took the velcro off so it doesn't get caught on the nets, but the bits that fold over get in the way. Completely fingerless ones aren't warm enough when the snow comes and it's cold and wet.

Is there a pair of gloves that will do what I want or will I just have to stop being a fanny.

:yes:Been rabbiting for over 50 years now, and I have always found gloves to be a fecking hassle when handling nets,..but,.. :laugh: ....last season, a bad reaction to some Sussex blackthorn all but saw me off,..and it also poisoned and blew my whippet up,. like a space hopper,..so,..when I'm working on brash and hedgerow clippings I sometimes wear gloves.

They don't offer maximum protection, but they do cushion the effects somewhat....

Mind you,..they do look a tad gay.... :laugh:

All the best, CHALKWARREN... :thumbs:

Most of the buries round here are in Blackthorn hedges.. :( Fecking stuff soon teaches you the merit of a pair of cheap gardening gloves! :D

Stop being a fanny. But I know somebody who has a pair of sealskinz and they keep my hands warm!, and are great for shooting. I try not to use gloves for ferreting but they would be good although they ain't cheap. If I do wear any I try and get away with a pair of palmless and fingerless leather backed gloves. (mitts)

SEALSKINZ AINT KNOWN FOR KEEPING YOU WARM, DRY YES BUT NOT WARM, WHEN I SEEN FOLK USE THEM IN THE ARMY THEY ALL USED LINERS AS THE HANDS WHERE STILL ALWAYS COLD, AN THICKER WARMER GLOVES HAD TO BE REMOVED TO DO SOME A THE MORE FIDDLY DRILLS, HENCE THE REASON GLOVES ARE USELESS :laugh:

They keep you warm because they are windproof. Sealskinz are designed to be tightfitting and mine you certainly could not wear liners with. Any wind and waterproof glove keeps your hands warmer than no gloves at all. I simply answered a question and having used them in some pretty cold winters, I think they are better than Nowt and a good compromise.

I wear those rubber skinned affairs,, cotton on the back, but the fingers and palm look dipped in rubbery shite,, I wear gloves all the time at work ,so got intae the habit and wear them for digging etc now,,

TBH, ah huvnae been able tae feel ma fingers since August wi aw the nettles,, I seem to be permanently numb aboot the hands,, so maybe I need tae wear them even more

• Like 2