hancock

i got one 2 years ago of him, 5/8 gh 3/8 col, sired by tweedle dum. brilliant dog. paid 200 for him. all the best mate

seen a bitch bred this way out of the same sire work cover well but also seen a 1/4 bred dog left wanting on a long ears a few years back yes.gif

I saw a dog run out of the first litter he ever bred and even though his bullshit advertisements in different perodicals at the time they were never hare dogs as anybody whos had lurchers fore a time knows theirs more to sticking any old greyhound over a half cross grey/collie to produce regular hare catching dogs,

run of the mill shit ...the best hancock x i have seen was a hancock bitch to a full working gray ....and thay all worked out of there skin ....so y dont he do this ....

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

puppy farming c**t

Macdonalds sell a lot of burgers and have done for years . . . doesn't mean they are high quality does it?

How can anyone that thinks slot of dogs in any capacity actually think it's ok for some to FARM dogs ? They are not dumb like sheep there dogs that need stimulation a pack environment etc. And what ab

Get a decent track retired greyhound, with good feet, where i come from Scottish borders, lots of good working leggy Border Collies, give the Farmer a bottle of Whiskey as a stud fee, look after the brood Bitch really well, and you have a Litter, that you can take a Pup from, and the others should sell no bother, no need to go near a puppy farmer.

• Like 2

How can anyone that thinks slot of dogs in any capacity actually think it's ok for some to FARM dogs ? They are not dumb like sheep there dogs that need stimulation a pack environment etc. And what about the large majority that don't cut it he should be made responsible in some way

for the cost and time it takes rehoming them but don't sound as if he cares a long as he can sell dogs to make money

well thats funny mate cause you dont see many hancock dogs in the dogs homes but yet its full to brim with bull type breeds mongrels greyhoundy types too says something to me that does. look theres a market an hencock is supplying the demand you dont like dont buy simple as that.. they have there uses there mainly rabbit dogs but in my opinion vertually owt with a bit of grey in it can catch a few bunnys not saying that it would be better than hancocks stuff but it would do a few bunnys,, as for trainability an brains for ferreting an longnetting then yes a collie bred is the one but forget fairy story bullshit there dogs at end of day not some super canine einstein there just mongrels that are brainier than the sight hounds they do a job a bit of rabbiting an ive yet to see a dog with a bit of grey that couldnt do a few bunnys. the man hancock is a good bloke he says how it is he dont lie to no one he breeds what he breeds an you know what your buying. he dont make no extra special claim to them hes a genuine enough bloke.trouble is people read a few books an get the idea these are the be an end all an when reality finally does hit home there distraught an blaming everyone bar there own stupidity. by all means read the books but dont get silly ideas these are gonner be the best in world cause they arent though admittedly some will be very good but that also depends on the man behind the dog aswell.. an as for hancock having a list for the blue merle wall eyed that are bred for looks,, then why not cause if i was to buy another wich i wouldnt but if i was to then yes i would order what i would think would be a good looking dog.. an why not yes its worker first an foremost but its nice to have a good looking animal even though i wouldnt put looks over working ability i still like to have nice looking animals aswell cause end of day thats human nature an the better the looker the more for some people it will get out of the pen an that alot of times is what makes a better worker cause its getting out more an therefore getting more experience an experience is what makes the dog the worker atb o t.

• Like 1

alot of sense wrote there but ille say one think if they were that good i wouldnt breed my own dogs full stop, i would give him my cash and liaten to his stories ,they jumped on the obeidence thingonce the realised there were lads breding better game catching dogs some people get sentemental about dogs read through rose tinted glasses,me not if they dont do the nessasary well whats the ppiont of keping hordes of dogs they were bred from the midland chicken breeder not some real hnting guy ,so the plot thickens ,the best one i heard so far there just for rabbits more like that is all theyl cacht som eof the worsat curs ive saw could catch a rabbit , and some could cacth lots but that was that even in the preban day

i got one 2 years ago of him, 5/8 gh 3/8 col, sired by tweedle dum. brilliant dog. paid 200 for him. all the best mate

seen a bitch bred this way out of the same sire work cover well but also seen a 1/4 bred dog left wanting on a long ears a few years back :yes:

I saw a dog run out of the first litter he ever bred and even though his bullshit advertisements in different perodicals at the time they were never hare dogs as anybody whos had lurchers fore a time knows theirs more to sticking any old greyhound over a half cross grey/collie to produce regular hare catching dogs,

i know what your saying mate and im not saying any old 3/4 grey 1/4 col could catch! What im saying is i expected more than what was on show as the 1/4 bull grey that was also runing at the same time was a good 20 yards in front ! Just to add thay dident catch it anyways! Atb rj

:clapper: had anuff of reading about the same argument this could go oan forever am happy with mine and alot of others are happy with theirs so dry ur eyes if thy were as shit as foke make out then why has he been selling and peopls buying them for years anuff said

Macdonalds sell a lot of burgers and have done for years . . . doesn't mean they are high quality does it?

worse refrence av ever heard in ma life compairing junk food too dogs take your head for a shyt

ITS THE OLD saying whin 60 pound dogs ,they are only rab dogs ,well i think lots of us have heard u=it said and yes its usually from the keeper with his included rose tinted specs ha ha ha , OT a mention of not seeing hancock s type in shelters i could take you at any one time there could be up tpo thirty at atime to be rehomed ina shelter nr brum.i suppose when nr to the door step one can have a more infomative of what goes on at the farmeach and every generation brings new fodder to the slaughter and to be releived of there hard earned cash .Whats worse his some take on board they were unlucky ,and chance there luck again ,short story i know of a fella who has hadf a handfull of ahim since he began breeding ,and on speaking to him he has now given up and has resigned to the fact its all been a waste ,coment he was told but he could not see beyond the rose tint . ha ha ha atb bunnys ps funny old world if we were all the same ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But that is no different than what Hancock does which either way is fair enough. He also has the 3/4 collie studs which produce the 5/8ths dogs and of course the 3/4 crosses that he can produce. Most of the logic against Hancock dogs as workers is totally flawed I am afraid chaps, although I havent got the time or energy to explain why now. Whether you agree with the morals of the commercial nature of the venture, well thats a different matter and I wouldnt take issue with anyone who doesnt like it.

Edited by omegathelast

Get a decent track retired greyhound, with good feet, where i come from Scottish borders, lots of good working leggy Border Collies, give the Farmer a bottle of Whiskey as a stud fee, look after the brood Bitch really well, and you have a Litter, that you can take a Pup from, and the others should sell no bother, no need to go near a puppy farmer.

:laugh:'Thats the way to do it'.... :laugh:

SkyferretingPerhap021.jpg

thats the way mate, and i bet them dog's get out every day for a walk!!

the diference can be the quality of the greyhound in the first cross because has some might think they are not all the sameand of course the stud should be a tested dog for what he his bred for having said that either way we are only taking of the collie cross and yes they are limited compared to a good line bred hound with breeding and gear wind running style etc atb bunnys.,