hancock

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

puppy farming c**t

Macdonalds sell a lot of burgers and have done for years . . . doesn't mean they are high quality does it?

How can anyone that thinks slot of dogs in any capacity actually think it's ok for some to FARM dogs ? They are not dumb like sheep there dogs that need stimulation a pack environment etc. And what ab

heers another 1 fae the wrang side ae the water tawkin shyt jog on fella tawk sence or wheesht

who's talking shite? by the looks of it you are coz it took me 3 hours to work out what shite your spitting out!!

ahoi ya complete wallaper am hawdin haggie racing the nicht between bothynichts n jinty maginty 3 tae 1 odds bolt ya muppet someones trying to get sensible info about dogs bt your being a tit (some mothers do ave thum) though

well he's getting a lot more sence form me and others! least he can f*****g understand our posts,whins posts are hard to understand sometimes, but yours are a f*****g joke!

• Like 1

Reading the posts and I know the Hancock thing has been done over and over again but having owned Beardie Collie x Greyhound from Hancock for the past six years I thought I would give you my point of view.

My bitch is 23 inches at the shoulder is very obedient and was very quick to learn, she is great on the lamp if I am lamping alone you can run her of the slip and she won’t go until you send her, soon as the lamps out she’s back to you. She’s a pleasure to hunt with the ferrets. Downside she was slow to get to grips with Charlie but not a problem now, she will pull up at hedges that can’t be jumped and will not go smashing into cover like your typical Bull-cross.

When I went to Hancock’s he said his Greyhounds were all ex-track/coursing dogs and that the collies were all from working lines he obviously doesn’t work them himself it is pure and simply a business. For such a big name breeder the kennels were not the best to say the least but they all looked well enough. If you go to him you are 100% sure of the breeding and you can buy pretty much what cross you want you do have a good choice.

I think there is a lot of nonsense talked when it comes to the breeding of Lurchers the Lurcher is for all intense and purposes a mongrel most Greyhounds have high prey drive and crossed with a hardy line of working collie types will generally prove a winning combination, with the Bull-crosses becoming so popular how many bull dog types do you see working but people will happily breed from them. By all means breed from your proven stock but this can be fraught with difficulties and have very unpredictable results unless you are sure of the ancestry and I think you will get equal results going to someone like Hancock

• Like 1

Reading the posts and I know the Hancock thing has been done over and over again but having owned Beardie Collie x Greyhound from Hancock for the past six years I thought I would give you my point of view.

My bitch is 23 inches at the shoulder is very obedient and was very quick to learn, she is great on the lamp if I am lamping alone you can run her of the slip and she won’t go until you send her, soon as the lamps out she’s back to you. She’s a pleasure to hunt with the ferrets. Downside she was slow to get to grips with Charlie but not a problem now, she will pull up at hedges that can’t be jumped and will not go smashing into cover like your typical Bull-cross.

When I went to Hancock’s he said his Greyhounds were all ex-track/coursing dogs and that the collies were all from working lines he obviously doesn’t work them himself it is pure and simply a business. For such a big name breeder the kennels were not the best to say the least but they all looked well enough. If you go to him you are 100% sure of the breeding and you can buy pretty much what cross you want you do have a good choice.

I think there is a lot of nonsense talked when it comes to the breeding of Lurchers the Lurcher is for all intense and purposes a mongrel most Greyhounds have high prey drive and crossed with a hardy line of working collie types will generally prove a winning combination, with the Bull-crosses becoming so popular how many bull dog types do you see working but people will happily breed from them. By all means breed from your proven stock but this can be fraught with difficulties and have very unpredictable results unless you are sure of the ancestry and I think you will get equal results going to someone like Hancock

How long have you had lurchers and been around this type of dog if you dont mind me asking.

I’ve had Lurchers for the past 30 years up until I went to Hancock I brought from friends etc ancestry unknown but all were reasonable dogs. Terriers are my main interest but I’ve always had a Lurcher about the place. Working Terriers are very different however the breeding is the key with Terriers but this is different subject.

You may well be right poacher I am talking with limited experience compared to some when it comes Lurchers but the bitch I have is good sensible Lurcher do you think she is an exception to the norm? Don’t get me wrong I’m sure there are lads on here that have lines that they would not dream of going away from and good for them but I am not convinced it’s the be all and end all with Lurchers.

heers another 1 fae the wrang side ae the water tawkin shyt jog on fella tawk sence or wheesht

im not saying all hancocks are shit but the ones i seen where useless even seen 1 getting chased up a field by a fox maybe im wrong but i always thought it was the dog that was ameant to chase the fox not the other way round

• Like 1

im not saying all hancocks are shit but the ones i seen where useless even seen 1 getting chased up a field by a fox maybe im wrong but i always thought it was the dog that was ameant to chase the fox not the other way round

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Scottish Hare Hunter I know what side of the water I would prefer to be on, this side hunting ban - the other side NO ban so work that out :tongue2:

I'm not knocking or praising hancock here but whats the big problem with one not doing foxes? Plenty of dogs off all crosses won't touch one and imo a collie cross is not something i'd buy if foxes were my game. If the dog is a handy obedient pot filler and its owners happy with it then its a good dog.

• Like 2

I'm not knocking or praising hancock here but whats the big problem with one not doing foxes? Plenty of dogs off all crosses won't touch one and imo a collie cross is not something i'd buy if foxes were my game. If the dog is a handy obedient pot filler and its owners happy with it then its a good dog.

the boy that owned the 1 i seen run away never wanted just a fox dog he wanted a dog for lamping during the week and for up a ditch when hes out beating cover at the weekend

dont think so she couldnt hold a candle to lana mhirn minni rex tyne etc ,but she could cacth rabbs ,but that was that any poor bred cur can catch a rabb ,if she was that great i would had bred her but didnt like her stile ,speed limited a bit hard to train to fetch not natural fetcher , etc ,had to train her any way i have alitle black bitch here she would make your hancock look secomnd rate and my old one on rabbs etc stil fetches live to hand ,no chewer etc ,

saw lots of hancocks not worth a carrot , some nervous no wind no natural running gear ,if they wer that good nobody would breed there own dogs to get a better stamp ,20 years ago they were at least a bit better bred now i wouldnt waste the journey down there to get a sub standard dog ,when there more intelegent working dog men if you n what i mean ,hancocks a limited im afraid i live in an area blessed with real working collie s beardie border huntaways , i can get good working greyhounds why would you turn back time

• Like 1