hard dig today

i went for a dig this morning with zebidee and dabigmc off here. first stop we tried is a tricky place it can run a brave distance and its in undergrowth that has obviously been used as a fill by a farmer many years ago. i know this because anytime im digging it im always coming across old building materials such as blocks and bricks etc on the way down, ive dug it over the years and its never straight forward, though its a good test for a terrier. i entered my lakeland just before 9am left him for a while to settle and got a mark at 2.0 on the box. started to dig and straight away we knew it wasnt going to be easy. we kept hitting concrete, pure nightmare but we struggled on and worked our way around it only to keep coming on to more concrete and kerbs pulling out blocks, bricks and boulders in the procedes. some were far too large to dig out. after just over a metre we we had bypassed the concrete and were limited to space but knew we should have just enough room to finish the dig and lift the dog. then we hit tin sheets layed flat out on the ground no fewer than 5 of them. :censored: such a mission we had trying to dig threw that. at first we burst holes in them with the bar then we used snips and the more we removed, another sheet was underneath. took us a long time to get threw them but we keep at it as we knew by then the dog was only 0.7 away and could hear him loud and clear. we broke threw on the dog at 1.40pm this afternoon. there wasnt much room to manovere but by that stage but we hadnt much off a choice as we were surronded by so many obstacles. anyway we got a result and to say the least i think ill give that place a bye ball in the future. i do remember years ago a few lads laughing at me saying i was mad dropping a terrier in that spot. :whistling: now i know why. :laugh: also id like to thank zebidee and dabigmc for there help... cheers lads. :bye: :bye:

heres a pic i took just as we were breaking threw the tin.

post-39522-0-04178800-1316885038.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got there in the end. just enough room to lift the dog.

well done yourselves and the dog,would give that one a wide berth from now on if i were you pal,if theres all kinds of crap down there like you described could be a death trap mate, well done for the

LOved reading that mate fairplay articles like this are my favourite thing about this site keep em coming

Posted Images