midland gamefair tragic!

so you say the people who walk around with high boots and tweed jackets on then drive x reg transit vans with with lurcher dogs runin on the side is a face of modern day lurcher work,well you as thick as simonman,sorry but true,atb

thats the way it looks to the public .. only 1 club i know that promotes lurcher work at game fairs and shows -- the first reply you put up to this thread in my book makes you a tosser ..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Lurcher Racing" used to be a bit of fun; I've raced a rough coated 23" bitch against a 30" Deer/Grey in the past, and had a good craic about it afterwards ! But now it seems so competiteve; Greyhound

like to see injured dogs do you ...tossa!!!

bag chasers or not these events always draw a decent crowd of on lookers at game fairs which in my books makes good publicity for the lurcher game .. as for using the steel bars and rope its way out o

Posted Images

so you say the people who walk around with high boots and tweed jackets on then drive x reg transit vans with with lurcher dogs runin on the side is a face of modern day lurcher work,well you as thick as simonman,sorry but true,atb

thats the way it looks to the public .. only 1 club i know that promotes lurcher work at game fairs and shows -- the first reply you put up to this thread in my book makes you a tosser ..

well you man iam no tosser beleave me,

but if you think the modern day show men promote lurcher work maybe you should take a long look in the mirror,

well young man .lol

young man :D :D :D modern day show men and bag chasers put lurcher work in the public eye -- thats not to say i agree with it -- its a fact .. the bag chasers always draw a decent crowd at the game fairs and big shows ..

well you man iam no tosser beleave me,

but if you think the modern day show men promote lurcher work maybe you should take a long look in the mirror,

self praise is no praise at all!

whats with the aussie flag not another one for us to put up with.lol

no its not lurcher work and my old mums silky will chase a plastic bag but it puts a good side forward to the public that cant stand the thought of a bunny or anything else being killed by a DOG.

yea well shows your ideas of lurcher work,

i wil just keep to my bunny chasin

done more than my fair share of bunny chasing -- i think you`ve missed my point , and you called me thick :hmm: .. the first time some people see anything of a lurcher is in a show ring or bag chasing -- anything that promotes lurchers terriers or field sports in my view is a good thing ..

"Lurcher Racing" used to be a bit of fun; I've raced a rough coated 23" bitch against a 30" Deer/Grey in the past, and had a good craic about it afterwards ! But now it seems so competiteve; Greyhounds and Non-Ped Racing Whippets running, that have never done a days work in their lives !! The working Lurcher has no chance against these dogs. If these owners are so desparate for a "Racing Champion", why don't they run their dogs out of traps on recognised tracks, and leave the Lurcher racing for working dogs having a bit of fun in the summer ? Rant over.... I hope the dog makes a full recovery.

Cheers.

i second that i went to 3 fairs this year not bothering going again same faces putting supper fit racing dogs that have never seen a field in there life .and the showing is just as bad pets that have never worked in there life its a joke

country fairs in my eyes is for working dogs not this crap that floods every show now .

the real test is in the field its no good being fast if you cannot do the job or looking the best

the real test is in the field not in the show ring

• Like 1

the shows are ment to be, for getting togeather having a bit of banter and showing the public whot working lurcher and terriers for that matter is about, chasing a bag is a much better alternative than anything else or do we release live bunnies for the real hunting men :laugh: i dont enter shows never have but i wouldnt knock those who do as they are the faces the public sees and relates to our sport.

• Like 2

Game fairs are no longer the same. And they will not change back to how they were, no matter how much we get our knickers in a twist about it.

As more and more people move into the country from cities and towns the real country folk are being outnumbered, hence shows being filled with country wannabe's they get themselves a lurcher a lab a springer, walk around in their hunter wellies and ghillies to 'look the part'. The days of (The large) country shows being for hunting/farming folk mainly have long since gone, and are now organised by big money making companies rather than the local folk, so working dogs shows will be filled with pet dogs. I personally think the only time the actual hunter outweighs the pet dogs is at the hunt shows organised by the local fox hunts, as it would be abhorrent for them to support a blood thirsty sport!

• Like 6

Game fairs are no longer the same. And they will not change back to how they were, no matter how much we get our knickers in a twist about it.

As more and more people move into the country from cities and towns the real country folk are being outnumbered, hence shows being filled with country wannabe's they get themselves a lurcher a lab a springer, walk around in their hunter wellies and ghillies to 'look the part'. The days of (The large) country shows being for hunting/farming folk mainly have long since gone, and are now organised by big money making companies rather than the local folk, so working dogs shows will be filled with pet dogs. I personally think the only time the actual hunter outweighs the pet dogs is at the hunt shows organised by the local fox hunts, as it would be abhorrent for them to support a blood thirsty sport!

as i said i dont attend shows, however i do go the local hunt shows and yes your spot on with whot you are saying. however you do see some sights at these shows aswell people with terriers all covered in mud ect :laugh: :laugh: and the need to go dressed in full camo :laugh: