midland gamefair tragic!

for starters id of had a better day out at the local sunday market! full of folk that are'nt even into the country persuits, so many stands selling furniture etc etc.

but the reason i started this thread as i was just leaving as the first lurcher sprint was starting, a dog of what looked like a whippet or whippet cross ran full whack into a metal stake holding the rope up bent it in half so it was shaped like a U on its side the dog just lay there! at this point i thought it had broken its neck but what seemed too be a long while after but was proberly a couple of seconds the dog started too scream and tried too stand up as it was trying too get up you could see a gash in the dogs shoulder and it looked like the bone had popped out!

is it anyones dog on here? it was something i dont like too see happen too a dog especially when its all done for a peice of rag on a string! :no:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Lurcher Racing" used to be a bit of fun; I've raced a rough coated 23" bitch against a 30" Deer/Grey in the past, and had a good craic about it afterwards ! But now it seems so competiteve; Greyhound

like to see injured dogs do you ...tossa!!!

bag chasers or not these events always draw a decent crowd of on lookers at game fairs which in my books makes good publicity for the lurcher game .. as for using the steel bars and rope its way out o

Posted Images

who is too blame then? not starting an argument or anything 'paddy weavers coursing crewe' shouldnt have put stakes in etc etc but the owner seen that they was there and it was his choice too run his dog dont get me wrong theres dangers everywere, i had a pup topple off some rocks after a rabbit on a golf course and broke her neck some things just cant be helped but i just cant see the point in putting a dog in any danger as such for a paper bag... just my oppinion like i said not trying too start an argument

bag chasers or not these events always draw a decent crowd of on lookers at game fairs which in my books makes good publicity for the lurcher game .. as for using the steel bars and rope its way out of date they where banned from being used around football pitchs/sports pitchs 10 yr ago and if i`m right at horse events .. if thr gonna be used at least put bales in front of them -- i`m all for promoting lurcher work but lets do it in a safe manner -- bag chasers they may be to some of you but they do thr bit to help lurcher work .. and at these events like it or not you all come under the same hat ....

• Like 6

who is too blame then? not starting an argument or anything 'paddy weavers coursing crewe' shouldnt have put stakes in etc etc but the owner seen that they was there and it was his choice too run his dog dont get me wrong theres dangers everywere, i had a pup topple off some rocks after a rabbit on a golf course and broke her neck some things just cant be helped but i just cant see the point in putting a dog in any danger as such for a paper bag... just my oppinion like i said not trying too start an argument

if you dont think its safe dont run your dogs its your choice at the end of the day --- must have never happened before other wise they would`nt still be using post n rope ... Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

Common sense would tell anyone not to have a dog running full tilt at a bar sticking out of the ground especially with a bend on it like that. Proper pulleys should be low to the ground and as safe as possible

http://hem.passagen.se/coursing/index.htm

Coursing is a great way to keep dogs fit and they enjoy it. I have fur on my line not plastic.