Upgrading, but which?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:thumbs:   Darryl

i was thinking around the 250-300 mark as a budget, i just need a rifle as i have a simmons scope that i bought for the cometa do you think this is reasonable? i know that the pro sport is a newer rifle so that probably excuses this one. The TX200, i know there is different mks, mk3 being the latest i believe. Is there any difference in them?

What area of the north east are you in ?

Im near hexham mate

prosport or 97K mate

.wor kid had a pro sport and its a hell of a rifle straight out the box

I had a 97k it it was so easy to use that on her third shot the wife shot a can at 40 yds and it was the first time she'd even picked up a rifle

Darryl

The ProSport is way better straight out the box than the HW97K and HW97KT mate.

Ive had them all 35, 95's, 97's, 99, and a ProSport and although the HW's are brilliant especially the 95 and 97 (top quality and i love em) the ProSport was for me a better rifle straight out the box as its like a tuned rifle from day one.

Very accurate and easy to get brilliant results with.

Mine was a .22 that i used RWS Super Fields in. I used a Hawke Nite Eye SR12 ret on it and it was able to kill at all the ranges my r10 can.

Worst thing i did shooting wise was to sell mine. Had no choice at that time in my life though so it was either her or my r10 that had to go and the r10 wasnt going anywhere.

ATB

Si

The 2 you have just mentioned are still AWESOME rifles pal and more accurate than you will be able to shoot them so you wont go wrong with them.

Thumbholes ae like marmite mate.

I love them but others may not.

For me the advantage is balance in my shoulder and a good solid grip on cold wet nights when out lamping.

Si

Advantages to a thumbhole stock?

As Si's said, you either get on with them or you don't.

For me they always seem to put my wrist (trigger hand) in an odd position, but many folks don't have a problem. Just try to handle some and see how they feel for you.

Cheers.

tx200 all the wat for me although there isnt much differnce between the tx200 and the 97k. just had a bad expierance with the 97k. tx200 in my mind is a proper little workhorse and cant falt it :)

mine is in HC. found this better for hunting. dont know why but it feels alot better than the full length version for the job at hand :)

Edited by chris k

I'd seriously give the Pro Sport a good once over. It's all that Si and Gurtwurz will tell you for it's superbly tuned accuracy straight out of the box. I my humble opinion, it is unquestionably the most beautiful looking sporting air rifle of the lot. I'm definately having one before too long!