talking as you write

Guest dances

How is it that the scottish get away with writing in there accent?

If I waz ta write az I talk af of ya wudnt understand me or it wud all be az 'banned' text, cuz to be onest I'm a lazy speaker. So how's tis fair?

The above paragraph says, ' if I was to write as I talk half of you wouldn't understand me or it would all be as 'banned' text because to be honest I'm a lazy speaker. How's this fair?

I wrote the paragraph incase it all becomes banned text

what is your point exactly, another f*****g pointless thread by prances, away and blow smoke up other members arse ya feckin annoying wee cnut.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greek Phil - every time you write / speak, you just confirm what a total and utter cun.t you are. Please die.

I don't really agree, a lot of people have a lot of pride in their home county/country etc for reasons other than the accent or to try and cling on to regional identity. I don't agree 'multiculturalis

How is it that the scottish get away with writing in there accent?   If I waz ta write az I talk af of ya wudnt understand me or it wud all be az 'banned' text, cuz to be onest I'm a lazy speaker. S

It would be bloody boring if we couldn't get something of a person's character, accent or who they are from how they write: that's what makes things interesting and shows the human behind the screen, instead of just words on a page: like this for example:

quote: away and blow smoke up other members arse ya feckin annoying wee cnut

Classsic! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:That answer made my day: I could just imagine you hammering away at the key board, bashing the keys and cursing prances. :boogy:

Kinda brings it to life I reckon: don't mind me, I'm in a weird sort of mood today: trying to work and failing dismally: its called displacement activity in zoo animals: me, I just look for a laugh :laugh:

I can understand it just about, but isn't it more effort to try and phonetically type your accent than to just use english and grammar? Are there scottish chaps who can't understand english people?

Doesn't seem worth worrying about really though does it :victory:

Unfortunately there are a large number who have failed to master even the basics of good english and grammar. Let alone trying to make themselves understood and be able to convey a decent POV in a phonetically written regional dialect or language.

As the country becomes more multi cultural and direct verbal communications become more widely available so we have seen a dilution of regional differences in language and dialects. Its easy to see why the likes of Gaelic and Welsh are slowly dying. As they serve on real purpose other than as a mean of clinging to some out moded ideal of regional identity. That no one is really all that bothered about.

Tis all aboot respect man, en it?

I don't really agree, a lot of people have a lot of pride in their home county/country etc for reasons other than the accent or to try and cling on to regional identity. I don't agree 'multiculturalism' has anything to do with either when the majority of other cultures tend to live in one neighbourhood and don't integrate at all. I don't really have an accent because I have lived a few different places so I don't read as much in to it as some do. I think the only point I am trying to make is that if something is important to somebody then let them get on with it and making any judgement of a person based on how they talk is extremely ignorant. Some accents can be a bit annoying, but it means you can have a joke about it instead of being a twat and demanding people act the way you do.

• Like 4

its funny how some people clearly can spell correctly etc but go out of their way to try and put an accent in their text.

it's like a childs book.

a bit like this;

A seeyd ach nooo, ba he seeyd aye,so a seeyd a ken what ya gayyin ah powl but al nooo doyit,bah he seeyd ye got tae so ah seeyd aye aright pow.

imagine if there was germans on this board who typed like this lol

its funny how some people clearly can spell correctly etc but go out of their way to try and put an accent in their text.

it's like a childs book.

a bit like this;

A seeyd ach nooo, ba he seeyd aye,so a seeyd a ken what ya gayyin ah powl but al nooo doyit,bah he seeyd ye got tae so ah seeyd aye aright pow.

imagine if there was germans on this board who typed like this lol

they wouldnt be german then lol

I can understand it just about, but isn't it more effort to try and phonetically type your accent than to just use english and grammar? Are there scottish chaps who can't understand english people?

Unfortunately there are a large number who have failed to master even the basics of good english and grammar. Let alone trying to make themselves understood and be able to convey a decent POV in a phonetically written regional dialect or language.

As the country becomes more multi cultural and direct verbal communications become more widely available so we have seen a dilution of regional differences in language and dialects. Its easy to see why the likes of Gaelic and Welsh are slowly dying. As they serve on real purpose other than as a mean of clinging to some out moded ideal of regional identity. That no one is really all that bothered about.

I don't really agree, a lot of people have a lot of pride in their home county/country etc for reasons other than the accent or to try and cling on to regional identity. I don't agree 'multiculturalism' has anything to do with either when the majority of other cultures tend to live in one neighbourhood and don't integrate at all. I don't really have an accent because I have lived a few different places so I don't read as much in to it as some do. I think the only point I am trying to make is that if something is important to somebody then let them get on with it and making any judgement of a person based on how they talk is extremely ignorant. Some accents can be a bit annoying, but it means you can have a joke about it instead of being a twat and demanding people act the way you do.

I'm not so sure Rat, even those who have very little integration from other places. Look at how Americanised a lot of our vocabulary has become thanks to TV etc.

One example which really gets my goat is the word advertisment.

I was always taught to say it like this.... advert-tis-ment. But i hear many people saying, ad-ver-tise-ment, like the Americans do.

A work top is now a counter. Etc etc :D

I'm not so sure Rat, even those who have very little integration from other places. Look at how Americanised a lot of our vocabulary has become thanks to TV etc.

One example which really gets my goat is the word advertisment.

I was always taught to say it like this.... advert-tis-ment. But i hear many people saying, ad-ver-tise-ment, like the Americans do.

A work top is now a counter. Etc etc :D

the latter is the correct way to pronounce it surely

Greek Phil - every time you write / speak, you just confirm what a total and utter cun.t you are. Please die.

Ah. But at least I'm able to make myself understood. With resort to the the vulgar or the vernacular. Sorry I can't oblige with the dying bit. The medics have just written my up as being A1 fit.

Are you sure the 'A' doesn't stand for arsehole though?.... :hmm:

• Like 1