talking as you write

Guest dances

is it hard to learn.is irish and scotish gaelic different??

I,m certainly Not A S.N.P. lackey,And I defer to even comment on Wee Eck !,but I will confirm it is Taught in Schools all over Scotland.One of the Biggest Gaelic medium schools(one that only teaches and speaks Gaelic until P3.when they are taught English) is In the Heart of Glasgow.Nursery,Primary and Secondary,and run classes for adult learners,the central belt has if not more Speakers than the Highlands .Contray to" Geek Pill " it isn't a dying Language kept for special occasions,but a healthy and vibrant one that is spoken by more of the populace than in days gone bye;It has stood the time of Ignoramaces,the amount of Intellects in the community would make it a fine place for "Geek Pill" To drink Brandy an look down on the Plebs from.

And there is a slight differance in Irish Gealic and Scots Gaelic,but enough in common to work out each other ,ie Chonas in Scots means Quarrelsome,but in Irish as part of a sentance is Friend ? Scent might have being using the Scots version ?There at the moment great ties With All Celtic Languages ,With visits To and from different regions,Manxs Cornwall etc.To learn ?it isn't easy,but if your committed like anything else will come with time put in,some folk just have a natural knack for soaking up things their Interested in . Language will alway open New doors,best not to think one is greater than another they all have something to Teach,Poc Leth deiridh,Philip Greugach :D

Up in Lewis we'd call him a Toll Toinn :thumbs:

Faisger math,Mangy, seo cu beag,(toirmisgte,tarraing-as broc),like that " Twisted Hole " how's the stones,nobody lifted them yet?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greek Phil - every time you write / speak, you just confirm what a total and utter cun.t you are. Please die.

I don't really agree, a lot of people have a lot of pride in their home county/country etc for reasons other than the accent or to try and cling on to regional identity. I don't agree 'multiculturalis

How is it that the scottish get away with writing in there accent?   If I waz ta write az I talk af of ya wudnt understand me or it wud all be az 'banned' text, cuz to be onest I'm a lazy speaker. S

I,m certainly Not A S.N.P. lackey,And I defer to even comment on Wee Eck !,but I will confirm it is Taught in Schools all over Scotland.One of the Biggest Gaelic medium schools(one that only teaches and speaks Gaelic until P3.when they are taught English) is In the Heart of Glasgow.Nursery,Primary and Secondary,and run classes for adult learners,the central belt has if not more Speakers than the Highlands .Contray to" Geek Pill " it isn't a dying Language kept for special occasions,but a healthy and vibrant one that is spoken by more of the populace than in days gone bye;It has stood the time of Ignoramaces,the amount of Intellects in the community would make it a fine place for "Geek Pill" To drink Brandy an look down on the Plebs from.

And there is a slight differance in Irish Gealic and Scots Gaelic,but enough in common to work out each other ,ie Chonas in Scots means Quarrelsome,but in Irish as part of a sentance is Friend ? Scent might have being using the Scots version ?There at the moment great ties With All Celtic Languages ,With visits To and from different regions,Manxs Cornwall etc.To learn ?it isn't easy,but if your committed like anything else will come with time put in,some folk just have a natural knack for soaking up things their Interested in . Language will alway open New doors,best not to think one is greater than another they all have something to Teach,Poc Leth deiridh,Philip Greugach :D

Faisger math,Mangy, seo cu beag,(toirmisgte,tarraing-as broc),like that " Twisted Hole " how's the stones,nobody lifted them yet?

Feasgair math

Their only a mile a way from me mate and nope their still there.

Tha iad rudeigean robh throm airson cuideigean falbh leabh. :thumbs:

Feasgair math

Cofhurtachd ! dochas cha driuseantah co-ghneitheach do leughadh ?

Feasgair math

Cofhurtachd ! dochas cha driuseantah co-ghneitheach do leughadh ?

Tha mi a creidsinn gun bu choir dhuinn sguir a bruidhuinn ann an Gaelic ma tha ma thuig mi ceart sibh mas faidh sinne rabhadh :laugh:

Tha mi a creidsinn gun bu choir dhuinn sguir a bruidhuinn ann an Gaelic ma tha ma thuig mi ceart sibh mas faidh sinne rabhadh :laugh:

De,buin do,an Eaglais

Bhaisteach, Phrostanach or Chaitligeach ?Donald Micheal,Music teacher,now minister ,our kids in school together,Anmarie M Kenzie was their Teacher,Heather Mcloud brothers a minister was older boys teacher she was telling me the other day how tastey the Gullag was, only a 11 men allowed to hunt them,and a waiting list !!

De,buin do,an Eaglais

Bhaisteach, Phrostanach or Chaitligeach ?Donald Micheal,Music teacher,now minister ,our kids in school together,Anmarie M Kenzie was their Teacher,Heather Mcloud brothers a minister was older boys teacher she was telling me the other day how tastey the Gullag was, only a 11 men allowed to hunt them,and a waiting list !!

Saoir Eaglais Alba ( Free Church Scotland ). Se Phrostanach a tha ainm a cha ne ruid a bhith sinne bruidhinn mu dheidhinn a tha ann. Tha mi a creidsinn nach d'thanaig e an aird ann an comhradh a riamh. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Mu Raidhc(rake aboot ) Wilf's e cu seoclaid tuathanach,Have you not noticed the ones, that get all uppety about Indegenious languages are usually the ones going on about the "Ethnics" invading the Country :icon_redface: ,that is the Anglofied version of it ! :hmm:

I was always of the Opinion and you know what they say about them :blink: that the "Celts"were here along time before

any Saxon,Angols or Normans etc..... :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmwTYcDuyks&feature=fvwrel<P><SPAN></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>

Edited by dixiebop

Just as an add on,How many on here, Talk,give commands to their Dogs in Their Native Tongue,ie;Welsh, Irish ?

I try to talk Gaelic to mine,thought it would come in handy if anyone stole them.As If !!!

It would make them a right pain in the ASS! to an English Speaker :D ,but generally I just Rant an Holler ! at them ,they seem to get the message anyhow.Do you think Dogs say out of a German enviroment could learn English ? after all , zum Stillstand sounds kinda' english,if not British :icon_redface: etc Dogs moving around the U.K. surely pick up the local Dialects and sayings Surely ? :hmm: