women working dogs

Guest sam

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should be possible for even the dopiest person to understand that if a woman can control half a ton of horse either in the hunting field or at events, then handling any size dog is hardly going to

Women are definitely good for doing the dishes and tidying up               That is after we hunt, kill, gralloch, butcher, wrap, freeze, cook and eat it of course

Seen some very well grafted dogs at a show this year, a real pleasure to see, all of 'em. Their owner was female, she works 'em and works 'em hard.   Seeing them dogs and their owner made me smile,

Posted Images

Why do you lads care about a mating that happened a while ago? As i remember it the pups were gifted on bar the two she kept back? Wheres the problem?

As to the breaking off quarry, theres been a fair bit spoken about it on here recently. When it was legal and my dogs caught they let go once it was dead, why would you want a dog ragging edible quarry? They were the same with fox, i would be pretty pissed off if they wouldnt let go when told. They had no interest once it was dead. I had no idea breking sticks were so common, learn something new every day :yes:

Ok fella whats a dog gonna do if its pulled large edible quarry if ye had taken any ye know a dog aint killing it quick and will hold and shake and if its for the pot ye gonna break your dog off,if ye can call a dog of one your doing well :laugh: if your letting a dog do the job its gonna make a right mess aint it think about it and dont make ye self look daft

I'll not get into specifics with you on here. I know what i have and have not taken, put it this way, If i had time to use a breaking stick then i would also have time to stick the quarry. Once its dead then the dogs leave off. Im not knocking anyone who uses a breaking stick, its just that i've honestly never heard of them used on lurchers. TBH i only go out with a few people so can only talk of what we do or did with our dogs.

So how do ye get your dogs of large quarry thats still kicking then do ye simply say down shep and they let go :laugh: and i aint talking foxes here a dog does that for ye no bother

Jesus its true woman are also arse kissers :laugh: take ye nose from her butt hole lass,same as most folk who follow folk that write books for some reason folks think there the be all and end all and 90% of them aint there just good writers :thumbs:

Never bought her books, never read the CMW, but know a decent sort from those who just want to bitch like a bunch of old women :yes:

I'll alter the earlier post from 'prick' to 'bitch' :laugh:

:laugh: that may be but ye still a woman and ye still shite :laugh:

there you go c/g its all about getting stuff for the kitchen for you women,what about doing it to sale,could you cope ?

I can honestly say, I don't know if i could cope with multiple numbers night/day after day. Tbh honest Sam, if i had to do it for the money then i wouldn't want to do it, it would make it more of a chore than an enjoyable past time.

Like CG i don;t need nor want any more than i can freeze :thumbs:

• Like 1

Why do you lads care about a mating that happened a while ago? As i remember it the pups were gifted on bar the two she kept back? Wheres the problem?

As to the breaking off quarry, theres been a fair bit spoken about it on here recently. When it was legal and my dogs caught they let go once it was dead, why would you want a dog ragging edible quarry? They were the same with fox, i would be pretty pissed off if they wouldnt let go when told. They had no interest once it was dead. I had no idea breking sticks were so common, learn something new every day :yes:

Ok fella whats a dog gonna do if its pulled large edible quarry if ye had taken any ye know a dog aint killing it quick and will hold and shake and if its for the pot ye gonna break your dog off,if ye can call a dog of one your doing well :laugh: if your letting a dog do the job its gonna make a right mess aint it think about it and dont make ye self look daft

I'll not get into specifics with you on here. I know what i have and have not taken, put it this way, If i had time to use a breaking stick then i would also have time to stick the quarry. Once its dead then the dogs leave off. Im not knocking anyone who uses a breaking stick, its just that i've honestly never heard of them used on lurchers. TBH i only go out with a few people so can only talk of what we do or did with our dogs.

So how do ye get your dogs of large quarry thats still kicking then do ye simply say down shep and they let go :laugh: and i aint talking foxes here a dog does that for ye no bother

Sit on it :icon_redface:

• Like 1

if your letting a dog do the job its gonna make a right mess aint it think about it and dont make ye self look daft

If you had taken a few and actually knew what you where talking about you would retract that post..a well trained and seasoned dog will know exactly what to do with minimum damage to the meat...and in dong so the dog does not need to be removed forcefully it will leave go when the job has been done...so really it makes no difference if you are weak or strong all that matter's is that you have the mineral's to train a dog correctly .

• Like 2

:laugh: :laugh:

No, they stay holding it til its been stuck. To be fair im only talking roe here as never the chance of anything bigger on my ground. Whatever, it was a long time ago and we'll just wreck the thread if we keep arguing. I was genuinely interested in the breaking stick thing though, just never heard of it.

:laugh: :laugh:

I meant the quarry not the dog :icon_redface:

Been out with 2 females. Both clued up. both got their hands dirty, never moaned about the cold, carrying the game bags, nets, lamps and making the tea ect...

L, your right about arse licking on here, but that comes in both species, more males I'd say than females though.

Let them sparkle L.

;)

Jesus its true woman are also arse kissers :laugh: take ye nose from her butt hole lass,same as most folk who follow folk that write books for some reason folks think there the be all and end all and 90% of them aint there just good writers :thumbs:

Never bought her books, never read the CMW, but know a decent sort from those who just want to bitch like a bunch of old women :yes:

Now I know why you're called hedz, you like the men. Tell us the truth it was you on that merits for ferrets program wasn't it.

if your letting a dog do the job its gonna make a right mess aint it think about it and dont make ye self look daft

If you had taken a few and actually knew what you where talking about you would retract that post..a well trained and seasoned dog will know exactly what to do with minimum damage to the meat...and in dong so the dog does not need to be removed forcefully it will leave go when the job has been done...so really it makes no difference if you are weak or strong all that matter's is that you have the mineral's to train a dog correctly .

ah right so a well seasoned dog always takes the same hold because every time is the same :laugh: dont talk wet it never happens same every time does it and how many dogs ye got on stuff if there killing them that quick pulling stuff and killing stuff 2 different factors and how bad does stuff get bitten when its pulled

thats all well and good if your on permision,what about if your in a field dog on and old bill or keeper comes,do you wait for the dog to kill and leave or use a stick to get the dog of in seconds.i woudnt leave home with out a stick.

Now I know why you're called hedz, you like the men. Tell us the truth it was you on that merits for ferrets program wasn't it.

Give over i fecking hate ferrets but i do wub the boys :icon_redface::laugh: