women working dogs

Guest sam

Quite offended by some of these comments I'm a 17 year old lass and work my dogs on rabbits hares pre bam and ferreting, I would of liked to of tried foxes but had no 1 to do it with and my dog isn't up to it, but to be honest I wouldn't no were to start purely because my dad got me started working and he had never done foxes, it would be stupid to go straight in so like everyone else no matter what sex needs to start somewhere !!!

Don't get offended Nat. Just the boys having fun, you get used to it after a while :D

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should be possible for even the dopiest person to understand that if a woman can control half a ton of horse either in the hunting field or at events, then handling any size dog is hardly going to

Women are definitely good for doing the dishes and tidying up               That is after we hunt, kill, gralloch, butcher, wrap, freeze, cook and eat it of course

Seen some very well grafted dogs at a show this year, a real pleasure to see, all of 'em. Their owner was female, she works 'em and works 'em hard.   Seeing them dogs and their owner made me smile,

Posted Images

CG, MLB and Moll in particular, there's more game in those pics than the majority of THL members will see in a lifetime. :thumbs:

In all honesty I wouldn't want my missus killing stuff etc though :(

I wouldn't be at all bothered about going out hunting with a female providing all the ironing etc had been done. :whistling:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Out in the field and face to face I've found hunting men to be among the least sexist I've ever met. The men I've met are interested in if I take my dogs and the hunt seriously and if I do, they take me seriously. I've had great advice and guidance and learned loads.

But on a forum, what a lot of knobs appear!

• Like 1

Out in the field and face to face I've found hunting men to be among the least sexist I've ever met. The men I've met are interested in if I take my dogs and the hunt seriously and if I do, they take me seriously. I've had great advice and guidance and learned loads.

But on a forum, what a lot of knobs appear!

Flaccid ones I hope.

Edited by inan
Guest annette jackman

i dont think it matters what sex you are, its your ability as a handler that counts, ive seen men walking so call status dogs and cant control then on the other hand i can say the same for some women. Every one has their own ways when working the dog, ive seen men with good working dogs but give up on them cause they say they cant bound with them! yet their wives are fine when out working the same dog. if its some thing you enjoy (and your dog enjoys too) does not matter what sex you are, a good working partnership be it teeth or fur (pre ban) can be an amazing thing to watch be it a man or women.

• Like 1

Quite offended by some of these comments I'm a 17 year old lass and work my dogs on rabbits hares pre bam and ferreting, I would of liked to of tried foxes but had no 1 to do it with and my dog isn't up to it, but to be honest I wouldn't no were to start purely because my dad got me started working and he had never done foxes, it would be stupid to go straight in so like everyone else no matter what sex needs to start somewhere !!!

Sure ye did kidder that would of made ye 10 or 11 yeah :laugh:

Sure ye did kidder that would of made ye 10 or 11 yeah :laugh:

My 8 year old is ferreting with me and begging to go lamping. If he wasn't at school during the day he'd want to go bushing too.