Went out lamping with me pup lastnight!!!!

I was in the house contemplating going for a lamp lastnight about half 9 the wind got up slightly and i thought id take my pup out for a lamp. Ive took her out 2 nights previous to lastnight jst showing her a couple of bunnies on the lamp she had 4 runs thursday night had 2 and 2 runs friday and had 1 so i was hoping lastnight to give her a good thew runs not run the guts out of her just let her know that somethings down the end of the beam and keep her catching and keep her keen :thumbs:. Shes a 3/8 bull 5/8 greyhound bred off a bitch i used to own called "kink"good little lamping bitch not a world beater but did what i wanted her too .The sire too her is swags dog off this site ,im hoping this pup turns out as good as them if not better heres hoping!!!! I went to this local spot about 10mins in the car from me its abundant with rabbits its only the 1 field backing onto a railwaylins it is fenced off obviously it backs on to a housing estate aswell so the field is pretty well lit up in parts from the street lights,its a nice field did have cattle on it a week previous so its been chewed down nice :thumbs:. i entered the field walked about 30yards the pups head was up i put lamp on to see a rabbit skippping i slipped her great little course a quick strike not the best retreive but thats how it goes,i walked up the fenc line putt the lamp on revealing a nice squatter behind a tuffed i walked her up her ears were pricked and she knew something was there it got up from its seat another quick course and catch :thumbs: number 2. I went back to the fence line i spotted on sitting about 8 yards out from the fence line i slipped her not realising there were some running on the edge of the beam she went after those while this rabbit just sat there i was going frantic inside my head, calmlyish!!! tried to draw her attention back to this rabbit but it was to late by the time she had realised it was making its way oh well!! i got her back on the lead and headed up the fence line i saw another squatter nice and tight i walked nice and steady towards it till i knew she had saw it it got up exploding from where it was sitting with in yards she had struck and caught it at this point i was buzzing it was like being a kid again with me 1st dog i gave her a pat on the head and carried on to the end of the field i notced 2 sitting towards the end i got her ready and approached them nice and steady i noticed shed had saw this fella nice and early i slipped her she struck hard missed tumbled but she was back up turned it off the bramble it tried agin to get into cover but she struck and it was caught now i was exstatic let me tell yah ha ha ha ha i walked back up the fence line back the way id came i saw one more i tried my luck but it was alreay making its way towards the saftey of the bramble she did her best but i was happy enough with four that was it then i called it a night shes doing me proud so far welldone Milly

post-25667-0-86317100-1313925030_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks lads i aint put a post up on here for a while il keep you all posted on her progress like i said im hoping she does well shes showing potential just needs the eduction under her belt shes about 23 and half to the shoulder shes game as they come strong pretty fast energetic and shes got some drive in her :thumbs: .This is the 1st pup ive brought on for a good few years and its even more great bring her on because of being bred out of my old bitch!!

where was you Penda, Water Orton way :thumbs:

nah mate was up that way the other night nothing about though mate i went up by the NEC

Hey you been reading my old posts! :tongue2:

There be no rabbits round ere, honest :D

nah ive been lamping round that way since i was about 15 i try not too go there too much makes them lamp shy :thumbs: