Belgian Malinois

Spot on Ray, thats what boils my piss in the classifed section, all this if only i was closer bollocks. I waited 3 years for a pup of a particular sire and dam, and then you get folk who wont drive 100 mile for a dog.............

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well sod being a burgular in China Eh? awsome animals, i know a dog trainer that told me where a GSD will go round, a Mali will go through or over, such is their prey drive/determiation.

There are crappers bred all over the uk with certain lines being especially problematic, it's not really being highly strung as nervous bulldogs. Much of the original stock send over by US breeders h

Good thread , really interesting read for someone with no knowledge (ME) off these breeds and the work they do protection ect , ive heard all the "id kick it in the bollocks" before and thats bollock

Posted Images

A friend of mine trains protection dogs and scent dogs for the MOD . . . he allows the dogs to interact with his children during their time with him, supervised obviously. The Malinos he has had through his kennel have never been intergrated into his family, he simply believes its too much risk. The last Mali he trained as a sniper dog to work in Iraq, very powerful dog and immense at its job, but IMO has no place away from a working kennel.

SIMO ,

AGREE 100 %

A FRIEND WAITED YRS AND WE MADE A 12 HOUR ROUND TRIP FOR A PUP .......

HELL IVE TRAVELLED EVEN FURTHER FOR A DAYS SPORT !...... I CANNOT UNDERSTAND MEN THAT WONT TRAVEL FOR WHAT IS IN EFFECT AN INVESTMENT OF TIME , MONEY AND LOVE THAT WILL PROBABLY LAST LONGER THAN MOST WOMEN !!!

RE - THE SWITCHED ON DOGS ....... YRS AGO THE ABOVE FRIEND AND I VISITED A FELLA WITH SOME TOP CLASS PIT LINES , AT THE TIME HE HAD TWO YOUNG BITCHES IN A PEN ONE OF WHICH WENT ON TO BECOME WELL KNOWN .....THIS BITCH ALTHOUGH YOUNG BECAME VERY SWITCHED ON WITHIN SECONDS WHEN MY MATE GAVE THE BITCH A RUB ..... I ASKED HIM TO STOP THERE AND THEN , HE LEARNT A VALUABLE LESSON THAT DAY ....... READING DOGS HAS ALWAYS COME NATURALLY TO ME FROM BEING A CHILD .....SOME NEVER LEARN AND THESE TYPES I WOULDNT GIVE A DOG OF A CERTAIN DISPOSITION TO ....... ITS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN !

I HAVE HAD MUCH TO DO WITH THIS TYPE OF DOG WORK THOUGH I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS INVOLVED , ONE IS WORKING ON HIS OWN LINE OF CROSS BREDS THAT ARE LEVELLING OUT ,,,,,,,,

ONE QUESTION I WOULD ASK ....... HAS ANYONE HAD MUCH TO DO WITH THE TURKISH KANGOL OR THE CAUCASIAN SHEPHARD , IE , TRAINABILITY ETC

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

SIMO ,

AGREE 100 %

HELL IVE TRAVELLED EVEN FURTHER FOR A DAYS SPORT !...... I CANNOT UNDERSTAND MEN THAT WONT TRAVEL FOR WHAT IS IN EFFECT AN INVESTMENT OF TIME , MONEY AND LOVE THAT WILL PROBABLY LAST LONGER THAN MOST WOMEN !!!

RE - THE SWITCHED ON DOGS ....... YRS AGO THE ABOVE FRIEND AND I VISITED A FELLA WITH SOME TOP CLASS PIT LINES , AT THE TIME HE HAD TWO YOUNG BITCHES IN A PEN ONE OF WHICH WENT ON TO BECOME WELL KNOWN .....THIS BITCH ALTHOUGH YOUNG BECAME VERY SWITCHED ON WITHIN SECONDS WHEN MY MATE GAVE THE BITCH A RUB ..... I ASKED HIM TO STOP THERE AND THEN , HE LEARNT A VALUABLE LESSON THAT DAY ....... READING DOGS HAS ALWAYS COME NATURALLY TO ME FROM BEING A CHILD .....SOME NEVER LEARN AND THESE TYPES I WOULDNT GIVE A DOG OF A CERTAIN DISPOSITION TO ....... ITS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN !

I HAVE HAD MUCH TO DO WITH THIS TYPE OF DOG WORK THOUGH I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS INVOLVED , ONE IS WORKING ON HIS OWN LINE OF CROSS BREDS THAT ARE LEVELLING OUT ,,,,,,,,

ONE QUESTION I WOULD ASK ....... HAS ANYONE HAD MUCH TO DO WITH THE TURKISH KANGOL OR THE CAUCASIAN SHEPHARD , IE , TRAINABILITY ETC

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

my mate goes to turkey few times a year, and the Kangol he as seen there are very aloof and full on when guarding. They are big feckers he said, and would be hard to stop if they kick off. He said where he was by mountains, and the dogs were loose with the sheep+goats. He said you had to keep well away from them or they would have you, they are bred to stop+kill wolves, he said they would kill a bloke no prob. I couldnt see how you could keep them here really, as they (free roam) in there own land. And if just locked up 24/7 if ever over here one very dangerous dog :yes:

SIMO ,

AGREE 100 %

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

my mate goes to turkey few times a year, and the Kangol he as seen there are very aloof and full on when guarding. They are big feckers he said, and would be hard to stop if they kick off. He said where he was by mountains, and the dogs were loose with the sheep+goats. He said you had to keep well away from them or they would have you, they are bred to stop+kill wolves, said they would kill a bloke no prob. I couldnt see how you could keep them here really, as they (free roam) in there own land. And if just locked up 24/7 if ever over here one very dangerous dog :yes:

SIMO ,

AGREE 100 %

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Duckwings, are the crossbreeds collie/shepherds??? I have a friend who has bred a few litters with great success. The two breeds you have mentioned duckwing have been dabled with in the USA but not here, i think there aloof nature and independent nature would work against a well controlled and balanced protection dog :thumbs:

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS FELLAS ,........

IVE BEEN OFFERED PUPS FROM BOTH BREEDS ,..... IVE SEEN THE KANGOL TYPE A FEW TIMES AND LIKED THE ABILITY OF THE DOG TO BOND WITH STOCK AND PROTECT IT .....SOMETHING MOST GAURDING BREEDS WONT DO NATURALLY , AND HIGHEST ON MY WISH LIST OF A GAURD

THE CROSS BREDS I TALKED OF BELONG TO AN IRISHMAN SIMO .......

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Spot on Ray, thats what boils my piss in the classifed section, all this if only i was closer bollocks. I waited 3 years for a pup of a particular sire and dam, and then you get folk who wont drive 100 mile for a dog.............

For a dog that should last more than a decade, even if it took you days to collect it, it's nothing compared with what you will/should get from it.

I will get the right dog for my situation :yes: .

what would an ideal family protection dog be for a novice dog owner? some breed of mastiff?

My honest opinion is any form of protection dog is unsuitable for a novice dog owner, without control and some knowledge of behaviour they are a timebomb.......

what would an ideal family protection dog be for a novice dog owner? some breed of mastiff?

My honest opinion is any form of protection dog is unsuitable for a novice dog owner, without control and some knowledge of behaviour they are a timebomb.......

Good sound advice there. :thumbs:

depends on your definition of "protection". If you mean full on manstopper then i have to agree with Simonan, they are not for a novice and more likely to cause you more issues than any potential threat could as you will have it around you all the time.

In reality even a protection dog is only likely to give vital minutes to escape if a threat is serious enough. For a novice owner who may, for whatever reason, need these minutes a small watch dog is probably sufficient to raise an alarm and give you the heads up.

If you need a guard dog, i.e. something to be a visual deterrant then any sort of rott, AB, GSD type should suffice. personally I find the AB low maintenance and unlikely to bark unless someone strange is around, whereas my neighbours GSD barks at the f'in wind! ( I work nights so you can imagine my thoughts on incessant barking dogs!) With an AB it's imperative to check out the breeder more thoroughly than most breeds. JMHO