Hancock dogs?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this subject always gets people fighting and bickering as a one time owner of hancock bred dogs i can say that the man is true to his word and only breeds what he believes are going to be good dogs

Try leaving you pc for a bit instead of spouting the same old shit

You've fair come on in a year.

......has eney of you hancock lads ask him to take a pup back or swap one ???? .and i bet this Q dont get a honest answer ... but if thats the standard of dog you lads are happy with crack on ............it your cash at the end of the day ....so have fun with them :laugh:

yes i have ,, i had a pup from him in the 80,s it had a problem with its shoulder at about 7 months old turned out to be a degenarative form of arthritis .. i had the pup pts got a report from the vet in coleshill, demanded another pup from him and he gave me one . a bitch sh was fine and a good worker 1/2 cross collie /grey ;) also i had a 5/8 3/8 dog died at 5 auto imune syndrome .. .. bad luck/// or dodgy breeding take your pick!!!!

Mate had a dog from him in the 80,s as well,same arthritis, pts 18 months.

its along while ago now , but if i remember correctly , it was a form of oestioarthritis . the shoulder joint was crumbling away and it was a very aggressive form to attack a young pup, im sure on the vetenary report it identified the colie side as the carrier , it was a genetic fault. lets say he wasnt pleased to see me turning up at blake st to get another pup. money refund was not an option at the time !! ;)

......has eney of you hancock lads ask him to take a pup back or swap one ???? .and i bet this Q dont get a honest answer ... but if thats the standard of dog you lads are happy with crack on ............it your cash at the end of the day ....so have fun with them :laugh:

yes i have ,, i had a pup from him in the 80,s it had a problem with its shoulder at about 7 months old turned out to be a degenarative form of arthritis .. i had the pup pts got a report from the vet in coleshill, demanded another pup from him and he gave me one . a bitch sh was fine and a good worker 1/2 cross collie /grey ;) also i had a 5/8 3/8 dog died at 5 auto imune syndrome .. .. bad luck/// or dodgy breeding take your pick!!!!

its along while ago now , but if i remember correctly , it was a form of oestioarthritis . the shoulder joint was crumbling away and it was a very aggressive form to attack a young pup, im sure on the vetenary report it identified the colie side as the carrier , it was a genetic fault. lets say he wasnt pleased to see me turning up at blake st to get another pup. money refund was not an option at the time !! ;)

Sounds the same type of arthritis, the dog in question had beardie in it, not sure if it was 1/8 or 1/4, I think hancock offered a replacement.

some people just cant grasp it ok hancock is breeder of many pups year in year out but if he selling them then their must be a market also he been doing it for years so he must be doing something right or he be soon out of pocket the people who knock him are the people who cant train apup as after all the saying is if the pup turns out shite you only got yourself to blame how many of us on here can honestly say a fault in our dogs ability was down to mistakes we our self made and not blame the breeder or the dog not many most of us at sometime or other want to breed our dogs and the surplus is sold on if pups dont make the grade then who would you blame my guess would be the blame would be put straight on the person who obtained a pup of you not knowing fck all and doing it all wrong not you the breeder hancock sells dogs which he believes will do the job you want them for and the breed you get is 100 per cent the breed you asked for its easy to blame breeder for pup not making the grade but a lot harder to admityour failings as a trainer speak as you find not as others tell you and my personal view is the 2 dogs that ive had of hancock were pre ban best fur teeth and owt else you cared to put them on id owned in the 90s rip tarn and socks

you say if the pup turns out shite its your own fault bollox.. if you got a bad one in the first place your f,,ked look at my last post on the 2 i had . was that my fault .. they were riddled with desiese . dont think so mr, he replaced the pup so he addmitted liability

you had bad luck mate getting two pups withproblems but what im on about is pups from him that are healthy and are spoilt by people not knowing or having the right skills to get the pup working then jumping on the blame the breed wagon its plain to see that hancock is only a breeder and puts collies of various types to greyhounds in diffrent percentages and then sells the pups but people know what he does and buy pups then moan as isaid earlier in this thread ive only had two hancocks both of which were well known here in northeast and pre ban id have no problems in taking people out with the bull crosses and put my hancocks against them on teeth and owt else they cared to put dogs on with out being out classed the brains they had tarn the merle i got first would work to hand signals and wistle like gun dog and many would be in ore of his skill at finding and retrieving shot game on water or land

• Like 1

some people just cant grasp it ok hancock is breeder of many pups year in year out but if he selling them then their must be a market also he been doing it for years so he must be doing something right or he be soon out of pocket the people who knock him are the people who cant train apup as after all the saying is if the pup turns out shite you only got yourself to blame how many of us on here can honestly say a fault in our dogs ability was down to mistakes we our self made and not blame the breeder or the dog not many most of us at sometime or other want to breed our dogs and the surplus is sold on if pups dont make the grade then who would you blame my guess would be the blame would be put straight on the person who obtained a pup of you not knowing fck all and doing it all wrong not you the breeder hancock sells dogs which he believes will do the job you want them for and the breed you get is 100 per cent the breed you asked for its easy to blame breeder for pup not making the grade but a lot harder to admityour failings as a trainer speak as you find not as others tell you and my personal view is the 2 dogs that ive had of hancock were pre ban best fur teeth and owt else you cared to put them on id owned in the 90s rip tarn and socks

you say if the pup turns out shite its your own fault bollox.. if you got a bad one in the first place your f,,ked look at my last post on the 2 i had . was that my fault .. they were riddled with desiese . dont think so mr, he replaced the pup so he addmitted liability

you had bad luck mate getting two pups withproblems but what im on about is pups from him that are healthy and are spoilt by people not knowing or having the right skills to get the pup working then jumping on the blame the breed wagon its plain to see that hancock is only a breeder and puts collies of various types to greyhounds in diffrent percentages and then sells the pups but people know what he does and buy pups then moan as isaid earlier in this thread ive only had two hancocks both of which were well known here in northeast and pre ban id have no problems in taking people out with the bull crosses and put my hancocks against them on teeth and owt else they cared to put dogs on with out being out classed the brains they had tarn the merle i got first would work to hand signals and wistle like gun dog and many would be in ore of his skill at finding and retrieving shot game on water or land

good luck and am pleased for you .. wether it be a hancock bred dog or a billy bollox dog . yes you are correct in what you say if there is a numpty on the lead end the dog will never perform to it best . :thumbs:

So because I run a bull cross it means I have never seen a hancock dog run ??? Hmmm undisputed your just a collie cross hancock dog follower and we all no it pal

I'll type this slowly as I know your not a fast reader. You make my point for me on the basis of having seen a Hancock run you've condemned the lot. Yor either very stupid or Just a stupid wee boy...I suspect a bit of both...anyway it's nearly dark shouldn't you be getting ready to take your mutts out...and it doesn't take a genius (which you clearly are not)to work out I have a Hancock dog I make no secret of the fact of the dog I run.

Edited by undisputed

Undisputed how am I a fanny and a messer you don't even no me you clown , now leave it be as your spoiling a great hancock topic !!!big kiss and go feed your mutt some more rice

If you gotta ask you'll never know :whistling:

What do you think the likliehood of Joe average giving you another pup were?.And why bother with another if you thought his collie line was carrying hereditary faults.

Ye mate my dogs die from hard work yours die of lazyitus and I have plenty of grasses to be on so I'll be out now don't u need to help ya farmer mate round his sheep up with your collie ? Fcuk off

And to be honest mr no it all I have seen more than one Great hancock dog run ,there a complete waste of kennal space I ran rabbits when I was 10 some of us move onto bigger things !fcuk the ban

What do you think the likliehood of Joe average giving you another pup were?.And why bother with another if you thought his collie line was carrying hereditary faults.

i didnt think it was carrieng hereditary faults i knew it was after a vets report.and i was given the 5/8 .3/8 dog a hancock bred which developed auto imune ,, and after dealing with one f..kin clown i try very hard to avoid peedlers .wats the chances off joe average no idea i dont know him :laugh:

And to be honest mr no it all I have seen more than one Great hancock dog run ,there a complete waste of kennal space I ran rabbits when I was 10 some of us move onto bigger things !fcuk the ban

You've fair come on in a year.

• Like 3