what do you remember from the 70's

anyone remember the shoes that had animal foot prints on the bottom off them also meant to be waterproof 70s Gortex :whistling: ... got a pair and loved em ! banana splits , tiswas , mork and mindy .. the picture with the cryin boy was said to be cursed and fire's would start in a house and the picture wouldnt be marked/corse of fire !

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st place to start would be by getting a grip 2nd take your trousers back of the wife and put them on :thumbs:

the blue parker / duffle coat with orange inside the hood with furry trim mmmmmmmmmmm

Posted Images

Got to have a telephone table in the hall, only the posh people i knew had one of these :D

post-57301-0-70021900-1308784602_thumb.jpg

Tell you what this thread has reminded me of and i cannot find them anywhere, they were a cult at the time, posters of beautiful naked women (paintings not photos) they were warrior type women and would be with giant snakes etc, all by the same artist...similar to this type of style?

http://blog.creativesaloon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Warrior-and-Sorceress.jpg

Edited by Moll.
  • Like 1

anyone remember the shoes that had animal foot prints on the bottom off them also meant to be waterproof 70s Gortex :whistling: ... got a pair and loved em ! banana splits , tiswas , mork and mindy .. the picture with the cryin boy was said to be cursed and fire's would start in a house and the picture wouldnt be marked/corse of fire !

f****n hell !!! the bannana splits lol just showed my daughter this clip and she just looked at me and said 'dad you must be well old' and walked off , thats my day f****d then :icon_redface:

Tell you what this thread has reminded me of and i cannot find them anywhere, they were a cult at the time, posters of beautiful naked women (paintings not photos) they were warrior type women and would be with giant snakes etc, all by the same artist...similar to this type of style?

I remember them. Think you mean the husband and wife pair, Julie Bell and Boris Vallejo.

Is this the thing?

http://www.imaginistix.com/searchprocess.cfm?artists=B&pyear=1970u

Pile all your rubbish up outside the front door for 6 weeks, switch off your electric at the mains, only work 3 days a week and give all of your money to the tax man.......you will feel just like your back in the 70s right away!

Edited by WILF

See that Evil Knieval, I got one for Christmas and broke it getting it out of the box :thumbdown: .

What you need is a lava lamp or some flock wall paper or maybe cork or polystyrene tiles :sick: .

Artex, nice and heavy, I actually like this.

was it an original knieval? :(

the missus was watching some program a few weeks back and a couple of lads had done a bed and breakfast in a 70's theme and i must admit it looking pretty smart , ive got a blank canvas for a hall and it pretty big to go nuts with :)

It was the original, I broke the foot hold and it would never work properly as the figure balanced the bike.

Yamaha FS1E :notworthy:

Had exactly the same one. I now have a RD350LC X reg 1980 I think.

The AP had five gears but the FS1E had the edge.

Edited for some train spotter shite

Edited by leegreen

In the 70's we did not have a phone, i used to have to walk to the phone box with my Mam and her bag of 2 pences. Would hang around outside untill it was my turn to say hello to my aunties :D

When we did eventually get a phone in the 80's no need for a lock, i would not have DARED use it without asking permission first.