the ultimate foxing lurcher

Numbers vary greatly in different areas, as i previously mentioned, its common for us to see in excess of a dozen foxes in a four hour lamp, these numbers are also seen when we travel to another location a fair drive away, yet another piece of our permission in Derbyshire you are lucky to see a fox all night even in the car...........

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend used to have a coursing type Saluki/Greyhound that absolutely hated foxes and would hunt them with a passion day and night. She would destroy her fox.   So I suppose the awnser is good fox

whippet

6 to 9 a week lol try that a night 3 to 4 sometimes 5 times a week an then you see what in talking about not to mention other tackle that was taken aswell all pre ban of course now we only shoot and g

Mate and I have 7 fox dogs between us all are more than capable of taken there fox with out any trouble.

Deerhounnd/greyhound bitch

staghound bitch

2x 7/8 stag1/4 bully

whippet x staghound

Airedalex staghound

Whippet

As has been said its not the breed so much but the love of killing foxes in the dog that counts.

call me thick ive only been into lurchers twenty odd year but whats a stag hound please mate ? ?

Australia,s first breed of dog. Developed from the Scottish Deerhounds and Greyhounds that came to the colony in the late 1700,s for the local kangaroo,s,wallabies,wallaroos,emu and dingo. A Big strong long dog that ranges from a minimum of 28 inches to 40 inches plus that hunts by scent rather than sight similar to the way a pack of foxhounds hunt but a lot faster and extremely quick on the kill and to run on. Very rare in Australia today in pure form.

Guest no1 jacker

your opinion of what the ultimate fox dog is made of? no tupid comments just genuine

my oppinion i dont think you can beat the bedlington whippet greyhound its a known fact that there speciality is fox one of the only breeds iv ever whitnessed that when they get bit it lets off a pocket of aggression which makes them just want too bite back harder, dont get me wrong iv seen bad bedlington crosses but iv not had one yet,

your oppinions on your crosses and why they make the foxing dog??

saluki/bull/grey

your opinion of what the ultimate fox dog is made of? no tupid comments just genuine

my oppinion i dont think you can beat the bedlington whippet greyhound its a known fact that there speciality is fox one of the only breeds iv ever whitnessed that when they get bit it lets off a pocket of aggression which makes them just want too bite back harder, dont get me wrong iv seen bad bedlington crosses but iv not had one yet,

saluki/bull/grey

:thumbs::gunsmilie:

saluki/bull/grey

:thumbs::gunsmilie:

my view on what makes a good fox dog is a dog or bitch of any breeding that will catch and dipatch single handed foxes night after night without getting to hurt or making a meal of the task its doing it takes a goodun to constantly take fox night after night some take the odd fox but soon get sick of the bites and jack the goodun come back time and time again :thumbs:

A friend used to have a coursing type Saluki/Greyhound that absolutely hated foxes and would hunt them with a passion day and night.

She would destroy her fox.

So I suppose the awnser is good foxing lurchers could, before the ban, be found in almost any cross.

:thumbs:

Hey feck off and get your own photo Watchman:big_boss:

dont worry yourself to much

Edited by watchman

saluki/bull/grey

i had a sal/bull/gray iv just lost her to a feking tree she was best bitch iv had she seemed like she wood of loved fox lots of drive keen as out and and pritty dam hard to i hope i can get another 1 like her

the ultimate fox dogs for me has to be the bull greyhound out of the [bANNED TEXT] stuff as for numbers the most we had was 5 in one night

id a bull greyhound would have kill all the foxs in the country only thing was it couldnt catch one :thumbs:

Edited by lazycunt

the ultimate fox dogs for me has to be the bull greyhound out of the [bANNED TEXT] stuff as for numbers the most we had was 5 in one night

id a bull greyhound would have kill all the in the country only thing was it couldnt catch one :thumbs:

:laugh:

as the man says ,Speed Kills, fellas think killing a red in a hole , is a fox killing lurcher, put the same dog 50 yards behind on the lamp in a 20 acre field , see how many he'll kill,,