several puncture wounds

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't put wound powder on puncture wounds. They need to stay open to heal from the inside. Make sure they don't scab up too soon: wash daily with salt water to keep open and clean. If there is any sig

Ky jelly stops scabs forming, well it did on my arse.

Here is how I would advice how to clean up facial wounds . If the dog has had a partiuarly long or hard time once they are lifted I always have a bottle of electrolytes in the truck this is given to

been out for a dig today, it was sucessfull but towards the end of the dig my dog took some punishment, hes got several puncture wounds on his face, ive cleaned them out with a syringe and salt water the best i can and wound powdered them, would it be best to cut all the hair around the holes? so it doesnt get stuck in the wound? ive not washed him just cleaned the wounds out

cheers ben

ben ,think !!!!!! what you,ve just wrote ,its middle of may ,im sure your proud as punch with yourself :wallbash: :wallbash: ,,

• Like 1

been out for a dig today, it was sucessfull but towards the end of the dig my dog took some punishment, hes got several puncture wounds on his face, ive cleaned them out with a syringe and salt water the best i can and wound powdered them, would it be best to cut all the hair around the holes? so it doesnt get stuck in the wound? ive not washed him just cleaned the wounds out

cheers ben

ben ,think !!!!!! what you,ve just wrote ,its middle of may ,im sure your proud as punch with yourself :wallbash: :wallbash: ,,

i wouldnt care if its middle june if your just started out in the diggin game and got one to ground what a touch :thumbs: we be lires to say we add,nt done it ourself .well done ben keep the wounds cleans and dont be needle happy when you get ya pen/sprep

why are you digging this time of year mate.dogs and quarry need a break.

It could of been pest control on a shoot for a keeper or syndicate perhaps

i only asked the question.i live on an estate and have no choice sometimes.that was the reason i asked.if i had a choice i would leave quarry and rest my dogs.

Here is how I would advice how to clean up facial wounds .

If the dog has had a partiuarly long or hard time once they are lifted I always have a bottle of electrolytes in the truck this is given to the dog if needed and wrapped in a jacket for the journey home .

The dog is put in the shower with warm water..the worst of the dirt cleaned from the dog boday face ,eyes and inside mouth and washed with baby shampoo you can get right into any punctures with the shower and shampoo.

Once the dog is dried of ... a plant sprayer bottle with diluted hibiscrub is sprayed into wounds takeing care not to get into the eyes make sure you get as clean aspossible.

The dog is feed with soft food and given Rymidal and anti biotics if need then left to rest in front of the fire .

As others have said keep an eye on the wounds and gently sqeeze to make sure no infection occurs .

If kept clean dogs heal very quickly but as they get older there imunity does get weaker .

If anyone else has any other tips im sure this could be a handy thread .

You owe it to your dogs to do the best you can for them as they give you 100%

• Like 2

Does anyone not use nu stock to help scarring and hair growth after doing all of this as given by moo??

I have used it and sometimes still do it is a very good after care on wounds and seems to make hair grow on a bowling ball

keep the holes clean and open ,wash them out with salt and luke warm water and then let nature take its course .If they are only puncture wounds then that will be enough .Goin by some of the replies on this you would swear half the bloody dogs head is missing :laugh:

exactly, as it is ive only been digging for a year.... i always have a mooch around what ever the time of year, ive seen more recently than i have in the winter months, its good feedback for the keeper imo and listen to slips, he talks sence :thumbs:

exactly, as it is ive only been digging for a year.... i always have a mooch around what ever the time of year, ive seen more recently than i have in the winter months, its good feedback for the keeper imo and listen to slips, he talks sence :thumbs:

not having a go mate,just asking why you were digging this time of year.i have to do the same when asked to as well.make sure you leave a few for the winter though.all the best mouse. :thumbs:

i just use salty water and keep the wound open and clean, i dont use hibiscrub last time i used it it seemed to make the wound worse, maybe it was just conicidence but when i switched back to salt water seemed to clear up.