several puncture wounds

Have to agree with sky cat there regarding antibiotics some folk administer them too often ....if you are going to be doing more digging I SUGGEST YOU READ UP ON THE AFTER CARE OF YOUR TYKE ....and try and get your hands on some noracarp or rymadil

Moo could you please post a link this after care of your tyke, tried searching for it but have had no luck. Read a topic a while ago and it was very detailed after care but cant find it again think this is maybe it.

Many thanks N.I

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't put wound powder on puncture wounds. They need to stay open to heal from the inside. Make sure they don't scab up too soon: wash daily with salt water to keep open and clean. If there is any sig

Ky jelly stops scabs forming, well it did on my arse.

Here is how I would advice how to clean up facial wounds . If the dog has had a partiuarly long or hard time once they are lifted I always have a bottle of electrolytes in the truck this is given to

why are you digging this time of year mate.dogs and quarry need a break.

It could of been pest control on a shoot for a keeper or syndicate perhaps

exactly, as it is ive only been digging for a year.... i always have a mooch around what ever the time of year, ive seen more recently than i have in the winter months, its good feedback for the keeper imo and listen to slips, he talks sence :thumbs:

not having a go mate,just asking why you were digging this time of year.i have to do the same when asked to as well.make sure you leave a few for the winter though.all the best mouse. :thumbs:

ok mate fair play, theres just alot of people on here who are to straight laced, never say never :tongue2:

The best thing I have found for punched wounds is a good warm salty water wash out then I use Dry Cow Mastitis tube, and find that the small nosed applicator gets right to the bottom of the wounds, and being an anti biotic it seems to clean them up really fast. Does anyone else use them??

Also aquired some peroxide near end of the season, I didn't get to use it, but a friend of mine does straight away after the dig and it is supposed to froth up and clean out any dirt etc from wounds?? Might give it ago next season?

Alot of good advise on this topic

Cheers

Oli

yeah peroxide, i got it from a mate who goes into his local chemist and you can get it over the counter? apparently women use it to die their hair??!!

ive not heard of hibiscrub?? would like to know a bit more about it myself

cheers

oli :thumbs:

hibiscrub is just a sergical scrub vets use along with horse owners you can buy it over the counter at vets or equestrian places used to clean wounds and so on also works along with blocked anal glands once been squeezed out just bathe warm water n hibyscrub to stop any infection if dog drags its back end.

Guest busterdog

If your using salt try epsom salts, it's a natural anti inflamatory and it's very good for skin :kiss: , a vet put me on to it a few years ago and i've got no complaints.

pure t tree oil diluted in warm water this is what they use in maternity hospitals when woman get rips or tears as its a very good antiseptic but mild at the same time but as always avoid the eyes or good old fashioned salt water :thumbs:

Moo could you please post a link this after care of your tyke, tried searching for it but have had no luck. Read a topic a while ago and it was very detailed after care but cant find it again think this is maybe it.

Many thanks N.I

It is not the care of my tyke as I dont keep terriers